User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2023, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
How fun to hear everyone jamming and singing along to Everywhere. I will forever be grateful to Chris, her therapist, Mick, whoever helped her overcome her fear of flying and bringing her back to the stage in 2014-15. That concert was magical. I’ll never forget the crowd erupting when she started singing You Make Loving Fun. It was truly magical.
I never did believe in miracles, but her return was truly a miracle. I'd have wagered 1000s against it ever happening.
Old 03-09-2023, 02:15 PM

When you look back at it all now, Christine McVie's return was one of the most amazing occurrences that's happened in my life. As I'm sure it's the same for most of you.

I just never saw that happening. It truly was profound and prophetic.

... Carnival End...

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-09-2023 at 02:24 PM..
Old 03-09-2023, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
When you look back at it all now, Christine McVie's return was one of the most amazing occurrences that's happened in my life. As I'm sure it's the same for most of you.

I just never saw that happening. It truly was profound and prophetic.

... Carnival End...
Lightening strikes maybe once........maybe twice
Old 03-09-2023, 03:27 PM

I remember when Elle, Homer and I (maybe others too) were battling the shipper crowd that kept saying Christine ruined those two getting back together.
Old 03-09-2023, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember when Elle, Homer and I (maybe others too) were battling the shipper crowd that kept saying Christine ruined those two getting back together.
The shipper crowd(save for BWBOY) seems to have moved on from here....
Old 03-09-2023, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I never did believe in miracles, but her return was truly a miracle. I'd have wagered 1000s against it ever happening.
Me too. I never thought it could actually happen. I used to dream about it, an impossible dream of course. However, since it was that, the dream included her return with a huge successful album. I think I longed too much.
Old 03-09-2023, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lightening strikes maybe once........maybe twice
And she lit up the night
Old 03-09-2023, 06:54 PM

Quote:
And she lit up the night
Like a firefly.
Old 03-09-2023, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Like a firefly.
The last to leave
Old 03-09-2023, 09:46 PM

Quote:
The last to leave
She came away
Old 03-09-2023, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
wow. very beautiful.

--Lis
Agreed! I never saw this video. I love the audience participation. I’ve been told many times there is no audience as amazing as the crowds in Dublin.

Must say, however, when Stevie entered 2.5 minutes in, she was noticeably off key.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was there, watching it all and shaking my head. Among the shippers were those who claimed Stevie was the musical architect of the band. So, there’s that...
Old 04-07-2023, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just watched this clip about Everywhere by this Youtuber. I quite like this guy.
Though it’s about Everywhere he gives an overview of Tango in the Night in general and the context of the album. It serves as a good tribute to Christine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cEiZWYllCEo

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-07-2023, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Just watched this clip about Everywhere by this Youtuber. I quite like this guy.
Though it’s about Everywhere he gives an overview of Tango in the Night in general and the context of the album. It serves as a good tribute to Christine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cEiZWYllCEo
I watch that guy all the time but he gets on my nerves because what he can say in 10 minutes takes him 25 minutes. His Edge of 17 video a few months ago was great though.
This sort of opens up the Stevie on backing vocals on Everywhere controversy again. Personally I dont hear her. We were told many moons ago that Lindsey layered his voice to sound like Stevie. But where? I always thought it was Stevie on Family Man and then I heard it was not. Then in that 1987 Lindsey interview before he left he says Stevie is on Family Man. If Stevie is on Everywhere then where did Lindsey layer Stevie sounding vocals? Or maybe that entire premise is false and Lindsey never did that. We know he tinkered with tracks i.e. speeding up Seven Wonders and finishing the last verse of WISYA. Maybe we have all been down a false rabbit hole. Would love a Lindsey book someday but I know he wont do it.
Tango was a huge success globally which is something Mirage and Tusk never was. However its surprising with its MTV videos, radio friendly pop hits that it did not do better in the states. It only hit #7 and then fell swiftly. I know it sold a few million in the states but an album with 4 top 20 hits and regular MTV play, you would think the album would have sold much more and charted higher. IMHO if Little Lies was the first single before Big Love would have promoted the album better.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-07-2023 at 05:30 PM..
Old 04-08-2023, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah….I like him too….he has a very diverse musical knowledge.
I hadn’t realised Everywhere wasn’t top 10 in the US. In the UK it hit #4 and was their highest charting song since Peter Green.
It’s interesting what he said about it gathering more streams than any of the 13 songs above it that week. It really is a song that’s culturally more significant than its chart placing.

On another note, he gave a brief mention to Richard Dashut. Does anyone know whether Dashut went to the service for Christine? I presume he did, but he must be in very poor health, so I don’t know whether he could travel.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood