User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
In 2003 Christine McVie says that after attending a then-recent Fleetwood Mac concert in London, she had no regrets about splitting from the band and leaving the road behind: “I just felt kind of relieved, if you want to know the truth, ’cause I, I went backstage afterwards, and they were all so tired, and, I just don’t think I could do that anymore. It’s kind of, if you like, verified that I’d made the right decision.”
I don't have enough clues but in my mind I've always related her divorce (Quintela) with her retirement from Fleetwood Mac. I mean, during the Quintela years there were good music fr0m her (some songs co-written with him). I felt she was well motivated. While her marriage was in turmoil (1997), she didn't enjoy The Dance and the Reunion Tour. I feel she was not motivated on music, and Temporary One (not one of her best songs) was about going back to England with her family.

According to Mick's book, she said one: It's like a living thing, this Fleetwood Mac. It's a source stronger than its various members.
No date recorded but it was not after 1991. It doesn't seem she didn't enjoy being in the band when she said that.

So the lack of motivation, a sad mood and the look por family companion was more detonating for retirement than the fear of airplanes or those things we have heard.

Last edited by Villavic; 01-10-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't have enough clues but in my mind I've always related her divorce (Quintela) with her retirement from Fleetwood Mac.
Both Lindsey and Stevie said Christine was having trouble in her marriage when she decided not to do any more Dance dates. They cited that as a reason. Not that anyone asked them to tell her personal business, but both did.

Lindsey said Christine had marital troubles and Stevie said that Eddy gave Christine an ultimatum (which seems unlikely. I think Eddy would actually WANT Christine on the road).

Michele
Old 01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Was Eddy cheating on her?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Was Eddy cheating on her?
There were rumors, but no interviews or published comments to that effect at all. I say he'd want her on the road both because I think he probably was cheating and also because she was making good money, which he could help spend. But I malign the man without cause, because no one ever said he wasted Christine's money either.

As I was looking at old interviews again, Lindsey said that prior to the Dance they all had dinner at Christine's house and after dinner they gathered in a circle and told him he HAD to reuinte with the band and he thought it was all rather bizarre. But it just made me think that they must have met at Christine's house quite frequently.

It's kind of sad that we don't hear about her throwing them all a big dinner in England. I think before they were there for the Unleashed tour, Mick talked about the possibility of her making something for them, but then they never said anything about it afterwards. I'd love to think of them all together at her house in England.

Michele
Old 01-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Both Lindsey and Stevie said Christine was having trouble in her marriage when she decided not to do any more Dance dates. They cited that as a reason. Not that anyone asked them to tell her personal business, but both did.

Lindsey said Christine had marital troubles and Stevie said that Eddy gave Christine an ultimatum (which seems unlikely. I think Eddy would actually WANT Christine on the road).

Michele
I don't ever remember hearing about this ultimatum - when did Stevie say that?

I never knew much about Eddy Quintela. He was quite mysterious.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I don't ever remember hearing about this ultimatum - when did Stevie say that?
She said it after Christine left the band.

Michele
Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
As I was looking at old interviews again, Lindsey said that prior to the Dance they all had dinner at Christine's house and after dinner they gathered in a circle and told him he HAD to reuinte with the band and he thought it was all rather bizarre. But it just made me think that they must have met at Christine's house quite frequently.

It's kind of sad that we don't hear about her throwing them all a big dinner in England. I think before they were there for the Unleashed tour, Mick talked about the possibility of her making something for them, but then they never said anything about it afterwards. I'd love to think of them all together at her house in England.
aww... love reading those stories. don't think i've ever heard the one about the circle and rejoining.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
aww... love reading those stories. don't think i've ever heard the one about the circle and rejoining.
Yeah, Lindsey describes it as an intervention type of situation.
http://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/artic...y2004-003.html

"We actually had a dinner at Christine (McVie's) house where people after dinner got in a circle around me and said, 'You gotta do this thing.' I'm going, 'Oh my God, this is bizarre,' " he says.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had never heard/read that before! It's funny in relation to Lindsey's usual story that it just sort of organically happened in the studio after he asked Mick to play on some tracks, then John, then Christine and then eventually Stevie got involved. And, from the comments on DR from whatever WB person I can't recall, but he said Lindsey was working on his project and they determined the best way to market that would be to reintroduce him to the world via a FM reunion.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I had never heard/read that before! It's funny in relation to Lindsey's usual story that it just sort of organically happened in the studio after he asked Mick to play on some tracks, then John, then Christine and then eventually Stevie got involved.
But I don't think they all would have been having dinner together, if they hadn't reunited over his solo album and then been nudged to kick reunion ideas around once WB got word they were chummy once more.

Michele