User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I don't think I've heard your theory before. Please share.
Oh, I don't have a theory. I just meant that even if she'd had words with anyone 9 years ago when they were wondering if she'd record anything for SYW, I don't think it was any big deal and I don't think she's mad at anyone. So, I'm not surprised that she'd give an interview. Even for the Meantime promotion, she was very happy to talk about FM and she was by no means separating herself from that band. She seemed proud to acknowledge that part of her.

She wiped her hands of touring, not of Fleetwood Mac.

Michele
Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting this Michele.

I agree with you. I think Christine will still talk about her time in the band sometimes. She is still represented in band decisions to do with "legacy material" and I assume the reference to hearing Rumours again in this interview is maybe to her listening to the anniversary material for the re-release?

I assume she will do brief phone interviews but draws the line at tv stuff, as she didn't participate in the BBC's 2009 documentary which was fairly comprehensive. That did not surprise me. She maybe thinks with that sort of thing she would be more recognisable in public and also would have to make herself up etc and go under the spotlight.

I'm pleased to hear from her, even if it was nothing new!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:18 AM

Yeah I was hoping for a smidgeon of something new..
Old 12-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yeah I was hoping for a smidgeon of something new..
The sad thing is there just won't be anything about her current life, which she considers rightly off-limits.

I'd love to hear her suggesting she might do another solo album but I think economics makes that idea difficult. I heard Mick had suggested she might contribute backing vocals or keyboard to a new Stevie song but I think that's just wild speculation on his part; I don't think she would want to (for fear of being 'dragged back in') nor would she necessarily be able to (given how out of practice she said she was when she made ITM).
Old 12-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
The sad thing is there just won't be anything about her current life, which she considers rightly off-limits.

I'd love to hear her suggesting she might do another solo album but I think economics makes that idea difficult. I heard Mick had suggested she might contribute backing vocals or keyboard to a new Stevie song but I think that's just wild speculation on his part; I don't think she would want to (for fear of being 'dragged back in') nor would she necessarily be able to (given how out of practice she said she was when she made ITM).
Oh I don't think Christine could ever be so out of practice that she couldn't contribute a background vocal or keyboard. Maybe she might be too rusty for a lead, but I think she could make a minor contribution in her sleep. I agree with you that it was probably speculation on Mick's part. Michele
Old 12-23-2012, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She wiped her hands of touring, not of Fleetwood Mac.

Michele
TY for posting this interesting piece....I still am in love with Chris and anything she brings to the FM table.

Interesting and CRAZY idea I had the other nite...so Chris was not interested in the band touring anymore after 97/98. Understood.

Now Stevie is not interested in recording the band 2013. LB and MF has recently went on record numerous times to state they want to record. So, why don't they call up Chris (sans Nicks) and do just that. LB had no problamo w/o CM in 2003 at their side.

Why not make some amends(not that they need to be amended) and say "Hey Chris, come work with us again". This could even turn into a small intimate tour of the UK, which I would be more than happy to watch on DVD....so long We have New Mac material, period!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
So, why don't they call up Chris (sans Nicks) and do just that.
Honestly, it doesn't have to be an album, just a song or two and the fact is, if the boys said they were working with Christine, Stevie would join in anyway. She would never not be a part of that.

So, you don't have to smuggle Mitchell Froom in through the laundry basket Lindsey. All you have to do is pick up some flowers and a box of those cookies she likes and head to England . . .

Michele
Old 12-23-2012, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
if the boys said they were working with Christine, Stevie would join in anyway. She would never not be a part of that.

Michele
This is exactly what I was thinking, too. Chris is the keyholder.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Honestly, it doesn't have to be an album, just a song or two and the fact is, if the boys said they were working with Christine, Stevie would join in anyway. She would never not be a part of that.

So, you don't have to smuggle Mitchell Froom in through the laundry basket Lindsey. All you have to do is pick up some flowers and a box of those cookies she likes and head to England . . .

Michele
He doesn't have to go to England. He could send some tracks to her digitally and she could work with a producer on perfecting them. After all, she really is Christine Perfect.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
He doesn't have to go to England. He could send some tracks to her digitally and she could work with a producer on perfecting them. After all, she really is Christine Perfect.
Well, he could go to England and laugh it up, compliment her ducks, explain what he means about the burnt bridges. I think personal contact would be nice. Michele
Old 12-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, he could go to England and laugh it up, compliment her ducks, explain what he means about the burnt bridges. I think personal contact would be nice. Michele
maybe they can skype.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
TY for posting this interesting piece....I still am in love with Chris and anything she brings to the FM table.

Interesting and CRAZY idea I had the other nite...so Chris was not interested in the band touring anymore after 97/98. Understood.

Now Stevie is not interested in recording the band 2013. LB and MF has recently went on record numerous times to state they want to record. So, why don't they call up Chris (sans Nicks) and do just that. LB had no problamo w/o CM in 2003 at their side.

Why not make some amends(not that they need to be amended) and say "Hey Chris, come work with us again". This could even turn into a small intimate tour of the UK, which I would be more than happy to watch on DVD....so long We have New Mac material, period!
If she was offered something in the tens of millions of pounds for a one-off, Royal Albert Hall gig, she might get over her stage fright/panic attacks do it. But not a tour; I just can't see it.

On the recording idea, they've proposed that Christine do some additional stuff on a track once before, but I recall that when Mick suggested that in about 2002 it was wild speculation. In 2012 he mentioned it again, so again I think it's speculation. She would see it as possibly being hauled in and then pressure might be put on her to do a tour, and the others -- as they have said before -- would be concerned that if Chris participated in some recording but then didn't tour, that their marketability would be all the less, as the promoters would want the five who had contributed to the recordings, rather than a cut-down tour version of the band. Stevie said as much in the SYW media coverage.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
On the recording idea, they've proposed that Christine do some additional stuff on a track once before, but I recall that when Mick suggested that in about 2002 it was wild speculation.
I don't think it was just wild speculation in the past. Mick said she was actually on the phone with Lindsey back then.

Michele
Old 12-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
maybe they can skype.
That's what John said when he was hauled out from Hawaii to work on those 8 tracks. He was like, "Well, I've got skype on my Ipad . . . "

Michele
Old 12-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think it was just wild speculation in the past. Mick said she was actually on the phone with Lindsey back then.

Michele
Yeah, I think that was a very real possibility back then. A possibility that was shattered when the other's became reluctant to have her sign on to the album but not tour, for fear of one of her songs becoming a hit. Which I still think is kind of lame but I guess if they weren't comfortable with it....