User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2021, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Independent/ UK

Byline: Elizabeth Aubrey

Highlight: Halsey was appearing on the popular US sketch show for the fifth time

Body
Halsey returned to Saturday Night Live for their fifth performance on the show (10 October), and was joined on stage by Lindsey Buckingham.

Halsey began by singing "I'm Not A Woman, I'm A God" before later being joined by Lindsey Buckingham, who recently released his first solo album since leaving Fleetwood Mac.

The pair performed "Darling" together, with Buckingham on acoustic guitar for the performance; Buckingham also harmonised with Halsey during the song.

"Ladies and gentleman, Lindsey Buckingham!" Halsey shouted at the end of the performance, clapping along with the audience.

After the show, Halsey tweeted: "I can't believe I just did SNL for the 5th time! It never gets old. Always electrifying and so fun to finally perform the new songs."

Fans reacted to the moment on social media, with one describing the performance as "incredible" and another saying it was "pure magic".

You can see more of the reaction here:

I can't believe I just did SNL for the 5th time!!!!!! It never gets old. Always electrifying and so fun to finally perform the new songs. - h (@halsey) October 10, 2021

I am weeping warm salted tears. Halsey and Lindsey Buckingham!!! Magic pure MAGIC! Darling don't you weepThere's a place for meSomewhere we can sleepSee you in your dreams-Ashley Frangipane / Atticus Ross / Johnathan Cunningham / Trent Reznor pic.twitter.com/yGE8AZi2zd - Mayarha (@Mayarha6)
October 10, 2021

Halsey performando 'Darling' no SNL com Lindsey Buckingham #halseyonSNL pic.twitter.com/qpdzJaaOFb - Halsey Daily Brasil (@halseydailybra) October 10, 2021 Halsey and Lindsey Buckingham I am crying. pic.twitter.com/e3BeydcUYH - Vicgoria is writing sorry (@philboydstudge_) October 10, 2021

WOW. New Jersey's own @halsey accompanied by the legend @LBuckingham !!! So much channeling going on in this #snl performance. Absolute beauty and perfection. This is an @nbcsnl moment. pic.twitter.com/jm35kai9ch - Jim Murdoch (@ReporterJim) October 10, 2021

Gotta admit, seeing @halsey dressed up in a Stevie Nicks outfit performing with Lindsey Buckingham on @nbcsnl was completely unexpected, but absolutely incredible. Loved every second of it!- Joe Russell (@biggerlebowski) October 10, 2021

The second episode of the new season of Saturday Night Live also saw Kim Kardashian hosting.

Kardashian kicked off the show by delivering a monologue that many viewers on social media were quick to praise , with jokes about OJ Simpson , her family and Kanye West.

Soon after, her Aladdin sketch with Pete Davidson earned more praise from viewers, with fans calling the sketch "hilarious" and another joking "it needs to come to Disney Plus". A third Twitter user said: "SNL just hit a home run with this sketch."

Elsewhere, in one of the most talked about moments of the night, Kim Kardashian played a television judge on a spinoff of US television show The People's Court. The spoof, titled The People's Kourt as Kourtney Kardashian, saw Kim in character as her sister Kourtney.

Rami Malek and Jason Sudeikis will host forthcoming episodes of the long-running sketch show.
Old 10-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n..._medium=social

Halsey & Lindsey Buckingham Deliver Stunning Performance of 'Darling' on 'SNL'

Halsey returned to Saturday Night Live on Oct. 9, delivering a pair of stellar performances from their latest album, If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power.

For their first song, the 27-year-old pop star -- who had her first child over the summer -- gave a futuristic performance of the powerful single “I Am Not a Woman, I’m a God." Dressed in a black leather bodysuit and surrounded by fog, the singer confidently delivered the track against an otherworldly backdrop. French filmmaker Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Green Hornet) served as creative director for the segment.

Halsey slowed things down for their second performance, bringing out legendary singer-songwriter Lindsey Buckingham for the beautiful acoustic ballad "Darling." This time around, Halsey donned a puffy black gown with a black top hat and veil. Buckingham stood by them, providing stellar guitar work and gorgeous harmonies.

ARTISTS MENTIONED
Halsey

Lindsey Buckingham

Kim Kardashian Pokes Fun at Kourtney & Travis Barker's Romance in 'SNL' Courtroom Skit: Watch

"The first performance is power, cold desolate and intricate: me before," Halsey tweeted after the show. "The second is love, lush and organic and dreamy: me after. And how wonderfully they both co-exist!" And in another tweet: "I can’t believe I just did SNL for the 5th time!!!!!! It never gets old. Always electrifying and so fun to finally perform the new songs."

In 2019, Halsey pulled double duty as both host and musical guest on the long-running NBC sketch comedy show.

The signer's fourth album, If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power, was released Aug. 27. It debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart and topped Alternative Albums.

The 13-track set, produced by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, features guest appearances Dave Grohl, Buckingham, Kevin Martin, Dave Sitek, Pino Palladino, Karriem Riggins and Meat Beat Manifesto.

Watch Halsey's SNL performances below.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-10-2021, 08:28 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there's ton of press and social media on this, as usually is on SNL. some nice captures too.

Lindsey killed it on SNL. Great performance.
Old 10-10-2021, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-hal..._medium=social

Watch Halsey and Lindsey Buckingham Perform “Darling” on SNL
Halsey also did a live rendition of “I am not a woman, I’m a god” during the Kim Kardashian West-hosted episode
By Allison Hussey

October 10, 2021
Halsey Lindsey Buckingham onstage performing together
Halsey, Lindsey Buckingham (Still from Saturday Night Live/NBC).

Halsey was the musical guest on Saturday Night Live this week, performing “I am not a woman, I’m a god” and “Darling” from their recent album If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power. Lindsey Buckingham joined Halsey on guitar for the latter song (Buckingham also appears on the album version of the track). The sci-fi aesthetic of Halsey’s “I am not a woman, I’m a god” performance was thanks to French filmmaker Michel Gondry, who served as creative director for the segment. Last night’s episode was hosted by Kim Kardashian West. Watch Halsey’s performances below.

During her opening monologue, Kardashian West made a string of jokes about her famous family, including Kanye West. Later in the show, Chris Redd reprised his role as Kanye during a sketch titled “The People’s Kourt,” in which Kim played her sister Kourtney. Mikey Day showed up in the clip as Travis Barker, Pete Davidson spoofed Machine Gun Kelly, and Halsey played Kendall Jenner.

After issuing their fourth record If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power in August, Halsey released an hour-long visual counterpart directed by Colin Tilley. Next week’s episode of SNL will feature Young Thug as musical guest with host Rami Malek, followed by Brandi Carlile and Jason Sudeikis on October 23.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-11-2021, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/10/...monologue/amp/

Going Your Own Way of the Week

If a whole generation of “SNL” viewers doesn’t actually know what Lindsey Buckingham sounds like, it might be because they recognize him only as a perpetually silent guest (played by Bill Hader) on the overstuffed talk show “What Up With That?”

The onetime Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist has since been cut loose from his old band and released a new solo album, and “SNL” finally let audiences hear Buckingham’s voice on the show — as sung by himself, accompanying Halsey on a performance of her song “Darling.” (Don’t worry, he still didn’t speak at goodnight.)

Old 10-11-2021, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://80splusradio.iheart.com/feat...e=local_social

Martha Quinn
‘SNL’: Fleetwood Mac Legend Joins Halsey For Surprise Collaboration
By Karena V.
Oct 11, 2021

Halsey was the musical guest on SNL Saturday night.

They performed, I am Not A Woman, I Am A God and Darling.

During the performance of Darling, Halsey was joined on stage by Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham on guitar.

The songs are from Halsey's album, If I Can't Have Love I Want Power.

Check out Lindsey performing with Halsey below!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...APnNQs?ocid=st

Halsey brought out former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham during 'SNL' performance
Marty Rosenbaum 1 hr ago

At this point in time, Halsey is a Saturday Night Live veteran who knows the ins and outs of the stage enabling them to command it at will.

Halsey and Lindsey Buckingham© Provided by Audacy Halsey and Lindsey Buckingham
That much was true over the weekend as Halsey once again delivered a memorable performance on SNL as they opted to bring out a Rock legend on stage to close out the show.

Halsey kicked off their fifth appearance on SNL with a stunning rendition of “I Am Not a Woman, I’m a God” from their latest album If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power.

Dressed in a black leather bodysuit, Halsey stepped onto the stage that looked straight out of a sci-fi future to perform their single. Filmmaker Michel Gondry, who was behind Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Green Hornet, served as creative director for the segment.

Halsey’s final performance of the night saw the “Nightmare” singer welcome former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham to the stage as the duo performed a stirring rendition of “Darling.”

With Buckingham on acoustic guitar and Halsey using just their voice, “Darling” was an especially powerful moment from the show as the performance is guaranteed to be played on repeat throughout the years.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/lin..._medium=social

Lindsey Buckingham joins Halsey for touching rendition of her song Darling
By Elizabeth Scarlett ( Classic Rock ) about 2 hours ago

Lindsey Buckingham accompanies Halsey on SNL for a performance of her song Darling, lifted from her album If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power

Lindsey Buckingham and Halsey on SNL
(Image credit: SNL)
Hot on the heels of his new eponymous solo album, former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham joined alternative pop artist Halsey on stage on October 10, for a special rendition of her song Darling on SNL.

The track features on her new album, If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power, which was released on August 27 via Capitol Records and produced by Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.

The rendition of Darling showcases Buckingham's trademark finger-picking style with Halsey's delicate crooning, making for a pretty magical and atmospheric performance. Towards the end of the rendition, Halsey – who is garbed in an all-black witch-like outfit with a top hat that calls to mind Fleetwood Mac's frontwoman Stevie Nicks – encourages the audience to applaud the legendary guitarist, whilst she cheers “Ladies and gentleman, Lindsey Buckingham!”

Old 10-11-2021, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/news...collaboration/

'SNL': Fleetwood Mac Legend Joins Halsey for Surprise Collaboration
By STEPHANIE DOWNS - October 10, 2021 11:55 pm EDT

The most recent episode of Saturday Night Live may have been largely focused on Kim Kardashian's hosting debut, but musical guest Halsey also brought down the house. The singer even got some help from Fleetwood Mac legend Lindsey Buckingham, who played the guitar during her performance of "Darling." Earlier in the episode, Halsey performed another song, "I am not a woman, I'm a god," from their latest album, If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power.

Halsey donned some lavish attire for the performance, as she wore a black dress and a matching top hat with a veil. Buckingham kept things on the simpler side, wearing a navy shirt, leather jacket, and jeans. The "Him & I" singer's latest appearance on SNL marked their second time as a musical guest on the NBC sketch series. Back in early 2019, they served as both the host and a musical guest, performing both "Without Me" and "Eastside." Ahead of their time on the program's latest episode, they did joke that they "might skip" the show in order to play with their newborn son, Ender, as PEOPLE noted.

Halsey welcomed her son, Ender Ridley Aydin, with her boyfriend, Alev Aydin in July of this year. The singer announced the birth by posting photos of baby Ender on Instagram alongside a caption that read, "Gratitude. For the most 'rare' and euphoric birth. Powered by love." Since giving birth, Halsey has been pretty open about what life has been like as a new mom. In September, they spoke with Zane Lowe on New Music Daily on Apple Music 1 and explained why they felt it was the right time to welcome a baby.

"I'm 26, and I tried very hard for this pregnancy and it was like, I'm financially independent, I'm pretty far along in my career, it feels like the right time for me to do it," Halsey said. Although the pregnancy was planned, she did say that she was questioned about having a baby in the midst of her singing career. They continued, "I got treated like a teen mom a lot of the times, you know what I mean? Where people were like, 'Oh my God, you're so young, and you have so much to do in your career, and you're not married and you're this.'" The criticism isn't going to get her down though, as she added, "So f- 'em and I just was like, I'm going to do what I want to do. You know what I mean? I was like, this is important to me."

Old 10-27-2021, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 2 weeks later: Jason Sudekis episode with WUWT return

Old 10-27-2021, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's tweet / joke got picked up in media -

https://ew.com/tv/snl-lindsey-buckin...-greg-costume/
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...203155603.html

Entertainment Weekly
Ooh Wee. Was that really Lindsey Buckingham in a Cousin Greg costume on Saturday Night Live ?
Marcus Jones
Wed, October 27, 2021, 4:31 PM·2 min read
In this article:

Nicholas Braun
American actor
Explore the topics mentioned in this article

Despite what viewers may have heard in the most recent "What Up With That?" sketch on Saturday Night Live, musician Lindsey Buckingham insists that really was him dressed as Cousin Greg from Succession.

On Tuesday, the former Fleetwood Mac member tweeted out the sketch from former cast member Jason Sudeikis' first episode back to host, and added "Had a great time dressing up as @NicholasBraun this week on What's Up With That."

The recurring SNL sketch with Kenan Thompson as scene-stealing TV host Diondre Cole, has featured an ongoing bit over the years in which Buckingham (played by Bill Hader during his tenure on the show) is the last celebrity guest in the lineup, but with all the performing of the talk show's theme song, his interview always gets cut for time.

However, when the sketch returned last week for Sudeikis to reprise his character of red tracksuit-clad Vance who famously does the Running Man dance, there was a new celeb in Buckingham's spot — or was there? This panel included Oscar Isaac, Emily Ratajkowski, and Succession star Nicholas Braun in the third chair. The sketch poked fun at its own history with the actor, who plays Cousin Greg on the hit HBO series, having to insist that he is not in fact Buckingham in an elaborate Halloween costume.

Braun got in on the fun on Wednesday by quote tweeting Buckingham, saying "You nailed this! I almost felt like I was there!"

The real Buckingham has already proven to be a great sport about his "What Up With That?" appearances, popping up in a 2011 cameo to take over the role from Hader mid-sketch. Sadly, we just missed him joining the fun again as he appeared on the show as a surprise musical guest during Halsey's second performance on the Kim Kardashian episode earlier this month.

Or, if Buckingham and Braun are to be believed, maybe the musician really was there all along. SNL does have Emmy-winning hair and makeup departments after all, so we are happy to take their word for it.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...210858049.html

Lindsey Buckingham Jokingly Cops to Cousin Greg Costume on ‘SNL’; Nicholas Braun Says He ‘Nailed’ It

Nicholas Braun

Kenan Thompson
Jolie Lash
Wed, October 27, 2021, 5:08 PM·1 min read

In this article:

Nicholas Braun
American actor

Kenan Thompson
American actor
Lindsey Buckingham was named dropped this past weekend during the “What’s up with that?” sketch on “Saturday Night Live,” and he didn’t mind one bit. In fact, he played along Tuesday on Twitter.

Due to the return of former cast member Jason Sudeikis, who helmed the night, the NBC comedy was able to bring back a sketch the “Ted Lasso” star used to be a part of — “Whats up with that?” — which stars Kenan Thompson as Diondre Cole, a BET host prone to song.

On Saturday evening’s show, Thompson’s character welcomed three guests — Oscar Isaac, Emily Ratajkowski and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, with Diondre thanking the latter for never missing an episode. Thompson’s Diondre went on to give Buckingham kudos for his stellar Cousin Greg from “Succession” costume — only it wasn’t a costume, it was actually actor Nicholas Braun.

On Twitter, though, Buckingham insisted it was actually him, writing, “Had a great time dressing up as @NicholasBraun this week on What’s Up With That.”

Wednesday morning, Braun responded to rocker, praising his Cousin Greg.

“You nailed this! I almost felt like I was there!” the “Succession” star responded.

“Saturday Night Live” returns with a new episode — hosted by Braun’s “Succession” costar Kieran Culkin — on Nov. 6.

Old 10-29-2021, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Oh, okay. That makes sense now. At first it seemed surprising that he would be back on the show again, unless the tour happened to be in town again.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Oh, okay. That makes sense now. At first it seemed surprising that he would be back on the show again, unless the tour happened to be in town again.
Is that tour still going?

Who are the musicians on that tour?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-01-2021, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Is that tour still going?

Who are the musicians on that tour?
https://www.lindseybuckingham.com/#

yes, that tour is still ongoing (resuming in LA in December, your chance to see it!), continuing all through the early summer in Europe.

Bend members:
Lindsey Buckingham
Brett Tuggle
Neale Heywood
Jimmy Paxson
Michael Kianka

Old 12-29-2021, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

mentioned as one of the highlights of the SNL season:

https://www.spin.com/2021/12/billie-...musical-guest/

Watch Billie Eilish Pull Double Duty As SNL Host And Musical Guest
It was a family affair
Written By SPIN Staff
| December 12, 2021
- 10:45 am

Billie Eilish pulled double duty on Saturday Night Live last night, marking her first time hosting and the second time as the show’s musical guest.

She was joined by her brother Finneas for performances of “Happier Than Ever” and “Male Fantasy. As Eilish noted, her appearance marked her last days as a teen, or as she quipped, “middle-aged” in internet years.

The show’s 47th season proved to be epic on the musical front. Kacey Musgraves kicked it off by baring it all on stage, followed by Halsey bringing out Lindsey Buckingham for a song; Young Thug bringing out a slew of guests; Brandi Carlile making her SNL debut, and Taylor Swift performing the 10-minute-version of “All Too Well.” Host Paul Rudd and musical guest Charli XCX plan to round out the year with SNL‘s final episode of 2021 next weekend.

Eilish released her masterful sophomore album Happier Than Ever over the summer. Read our review here.

Next up for Eilish? The Grammys, an event that she’s dominated the past two years. Eilish is nominated for seven Grammys. The ceremony takes place on January 31, 2022.

See more highlights from the second-to-last episode of SNL in 2021 below.