User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Apologies if this has been discussed earlier but this award is to honor a recording artist who has made important contributions to the world of music and demonstrated extraordinary humanitarian and philanthropic efforts. per the Musicares website.

It pains me to say that I'm not particularly aware of extraordinary humanitarian and philanthropic efforts. by the Mac. Maybe I'm out of the loop- I know Stevie has her work with the US armed forces, and royalties from Beautiful Child go to UNICEF, and Mick seems to get involved with good causes out in Hawaii, but other than that I'm not aware of that much that they've done. Maybe it's all under the radar. If anyone would care to enlighten me, please do.
I've been meaning to make this EXACT post myself since this thread started! HOW DID THEY GET THIS AWARD?? Nothing mentions specifically what they've done to get it & we all know many bands are far better known for humanitarian and philanthropic efforts. I mean, I'm happy they got it-it's great exposure & the night seemed to go off without a hitch, I just still can't figure out why on earth they were chose!
Old 01-28-2018, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For both of you, politics aren't allowed here. Please don't politic here!

I agree and NEVER do but the other poster started it and I was making a point.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I agree and NEVER do but the other poster started it and I was making a point.
I know. You'd be better off pointing out their political posts though, rather than make yourself strike worthy.

2020? I'm voting Whig!
Old 01-28-2018, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
The bands made it very clear(well the 3 writers at least) that they would like to play more variety and have even finally begun to take action on that promise in the recent solo/duo tours. And I fully believe that this upcoming FM tour will finally see them give us a truly exciting and updated set list of 26-28 songs, which is a big spike from previous years.

Christine uses any excuse in the book to not do songbird (ok your hand hurt but you can endure the pain for every other danm song! I use that same excuse at work when I’m sick. I can show up today and do this this this this and this that I do every day but not that one thing I REALLY hate doing.
I'll believe they'll give us an exciting and updated setlist when I see it!

To be fair to Christine, she really does have problems with her hand. She really doesnt play much on the other songs these days- Brett does most of the work. I think she just tinkles along a bit every now and then. If she plays Songbird though, she really has to play it. She cant tinkle along on that whilst somebody else plays the keys as the full spotlight is on the piano.

As far as the opening act goes- yeah a big name band playing Fleetwood Mac covers would be unrealistic. However, somebody playing Fleetwood Mac songs isnt out of the question. I vaguely remember on one of the recent tours- when they came to the UK Mick announced some random guy he saw on Youtube playing a FM cover was going to open for them. I think this was a serious plan at one point. However, it never came to fruition. So yeah, they could get a nobody to come out and play a few songs that won't be featured in the main set.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-28-2018, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
I've been meaning to make this EXACT post myself since this thread started! HOW DID THEY GET THIS AWARD?? Nothing mentions specifically what they've done to get it & we all know many bands are far better known for humanitarian and philanthropic efforts. I mean, I'm happy they got it-it's great exposure & the night seemed to go off without a hitch, I just still can't figure out why on earth they were chose!

Come on people, dont be naiive...thats how these things tend to work. Fleetwood Mac might do a bit for charity, but thats not really the point. Organisers need to find an artist they can celebrate that will attract big names to come along. As far as charity is concerned its all about the amount of money they can raise on the evening. I'm sure Fleetwood Mac would have raised a fair few dollars on the night.
btw, I hope Fleetwood Mac have done their bit for George Hawkins. Sadly I'm not sure they would have.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-28-2018, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Miley Cyrus and Lorde were horrible.
Screaming and dancing that I'll never be
able to get out of my head.
Add Haim to the list. Cringeworthy.

But Alison Krauss, Little Big Town and Keith Urban
were good.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For both of you, politics aren't allowed here. Please don't politic here!
Thank you I agree. I made one statement about someone that is totally disconnected from American Polititcs and was actually relevant to the board discussion because they presented Fleetwood Mac the award! Other members, who will not be named, got nasty
Old 01-28-2018, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW! Lindsey's kids are SO grown up!! And his son looks JUST LIKE HIM!!
Old 01-28-2018, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Thank you I agree. I made one statement about someone that is totally disconnected from American Polititcs and was actually relevant to the board discussion because they presented Fleetwood Mac the award! Other members, who will not be named, got nasty
LMAO Boy are you back peddling Before you call someone a rapist maybe they should have been charged or convicted of rape? Society today wants to tag everyone with labels based on their subjective beliefs.
Your comment is just really sad but its territory of the society we live in today. You can agree or hate someone's politics but to call them a rapist with no proof is a bridge too far. To call someone a rapist who was never arrested, never charged with rape and never convicted of rape is a tragedy. You are just trolling.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-28-2018 at 11:03 AM..
Old 01-28-2018, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
Wow, he really does! Mirage era Lindsey twinsy!
Old 01-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Just by checking Youtube,,, as well as The Chain with that Harry dude about whom I know exactly nothing.
LOL Harry was a member of a group called One Direction that was super popular all over the world for a few years. Probably could outsell FM in concert 3 times over. But Harry felt he was too famous for that one group and so he quit to become a solo artist. My guess is, he should have stayed with his band and done side solo projects, a la Stevie.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post

Is that his oldest daughter Leelee? Wow, they grew up so quick. Seems like just the other day he was notoriously a bachelor.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-28-2018, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
LOL Harry was a member of a group called One Direction that was super popular all over the world for a few years. Probably could outsell FM in concert 3 times over. But Harry felt he was too famous for that one group and so he quit to become a solo artist. My guess is, he should have stayed with his band and done side solo projects, a la Stevie.

...and he's started a career in acting too. He had a part in Dunkirk. Harry is super cool among young people, though young people are rather fickle so I guess his popularity will be waning very, very soon.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Mick talked about Musicares helping George Hawkins so there’s that. I’m sure they’re all philanthropic. Maybe they don’t want the publicity and attention that come along with it.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Is that his oldest daughter Leelee? Wow, they grew up so quick. Seems like just the other day he was notoriously a bachelor.

I bet Stevie hates seeing Lindsey Happy and with kids after the way she abused him all those years. I also bet it really gets her goat she wasn’t the mother of those kids. She should write a song about lost time and regret and missed opportunities from the OTHER side of youth. As a warning to other selfish and vain young women to not put sex drugs and rock and roll ahead of having happiness. She’s just been so bitter the last 15 years or so. Mostly since Christine came back but it’s slowly been creeping in since right after Say You will tour. It almost makes me wish she would marry someone and adopt a few foster kids so she can get on with her life and be creative and happy again.