User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-31-2021, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

Imagine Lindsey sitting there strumming along to Don't Dream It's Over, Free Fallin', In the Back of My Mind, or Love is Dangerous?
I would drive to San Francisco and jump off of the Golden State bridge if he did.

Heck, it would be hard enough to get him to play Isn’t it Midnight.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I would drive to San Francisco and jump off of the Golden State bridge if he did.

We can hold hands as we jump together. We'll sing Carnival Begin but change it to Carnival End.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Stevie I suppose? I should have taken her history more into consideration before I guessed at just six people. In fact if we include everyone who also didn't happen to be in Fleetwood Mac then there may be more people on the stage than in the audience.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Anusha, it is wonderful to see you back. Do you hear from any of the old Ledge gang(s)?
It's so good to see you, David! I don't really hear from anyone. I'm friends with one or two people on Facebook, but they hardly post! (I also hardly post!) It's hard to believe it's been more than 20 years since some of us were on the old page!

Remember all the struggles to try and become the official site or find other ways to overcome the server costs? (All you whippersnappers, we had fan sites for so many things that struggled in the 90s-00s and had fundraisers because server space was crazy expensive!) It's so strange to see things that were very fringe at that time (shippers! fan fiction!) among FM fans have basically come to dominate so many fan groups.

Sociology musings aside, how many OG Ledgies are around these days? As much as I like the music from the band, somehow the last 20 years of being an FM fan have been odd -- I never would have (but should have) predicted that the band would return to their animosity and sniping, but I'm really glad that we've gotten some of the quality solo output that came out and all the bonus material that came out officially on the (many, many) reissues. All the things that were hard to come by in the old days (Tusk documentary, demos, etc.) are easy to find online now!
Old 04-01-2021, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
We can hold hands as we jump together. We'll sing Carnival Begin but change it to Carnival End.
If he goes back, I would hope he only needs to kow tow until all the papers are signed. Then once they are locked into tours and bound to each other, I hope that they can enforce the one person, one vote rule again. If that is not possible and he is playing errand boy to Stevie (who makes him answer to Karen), then it turns out he didn’t really survive heart surgery after all.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If he goes back, I would hope he only needs to kow tow until all the papers are signed. Then once they are locked into tours and bound to each other, I hope that they can enforce the one person, one vote rule again. If that is not possible and he is playing errand boy to Stevie (who makes him answer to Karen), then it turns out he didn’t really survive heart surgery after all.
Do you think Stevie is kind of on a lonely island now with no communication with Mick or Christine?

Mick's pretty much been cross-media advocating for Lindsey to come back to Fleetwood Mac... but stating it's up to Stevie whether it happens. I imagine she's probably mad at Mick for that.

All Stevie's done lately is post a photo of her dog when it was a puppy and picture of Carrie Underwood, Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow and Emmylou Harris.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
This is the truth. Part of me would want to see the Rumours 5 again, as it may very well be the last time, but the way they kicked Lindsey out and lied about it makes any kind of lovey-dovey reunion really gross to watch at this point. Lindsey always talked about the Eagles' business-only between guys who didn't like each other approach as a bad thing -- now I wish we could get that from FM. I don't know if I can stomach it. I wish I could unsee the fake romance from 1997-present anyway. Blech.
Exactly my sentiments. I'd love to see them one last time (because it surely will be the last time) but I know it'd definitely look fake, and I also won't be true to my feelings toward the band since they kicked Lindsey out in such an awful way.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post

All Stevie's done lately is post a photo of her dog when it was a puppy and picture of Carrie Underwood, Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow and Emmylou Harris.
Oh, boy, she's so ready for Geriatric Park!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The "Behind The Mask" and "Time" eras of Fleetwood Mac are forgettable at best, and horrible and worst.

The notion of planning a Fleetwood Mac tour to include Rick Vito, Billy Burnett, Neil Finn, Mike Campbell, Bekka Bramlett, Dave Mason, Dave Walker, and Jeremy Spencer is absurd.

Can we bring along Jennie Boyd, Carole Ann Harris, Eddy Quintela, John Courage, Curry Grant, Kim Anderson and Judy Wong as official roadies? Backup singers will be Lori Perry, Sharon Celani, Jana Anderson, Elisicia Wright, Stevvi Alexander, and Marilyn Martin.

This show will be so disjointed and fragmented that the audience will need ADHD meds.

Hell, since we're on a roll, let's bring along Clifford Davis' version of "The 1974 New Fleetwood Mac" as the opening act. The acclaimed country/rock Duo Bekka and Billy featuring Robbie Patton and Sandy Stewart can alternate as the opening act on select dates.

Are we going by bus or private jet?
Old 04-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Can we bring along Jennie Boyd, Carole Ann Harris, Eddy Quintela, John Courage, Curry Grant, Kim Anderson and Judy Wong as official roadies? Backup singers will be Lori Perry, Sharon Celani, Jana Anderson, Elisicia Wright, Stevvi Alexander, and Marilyn Martin.
Well if we are bringing in deceased people why not Bob Welch ,Danny Kirwan and Fleetwood Mac's greatest guitar player Peter Green? We could even cut Bob Brunning a break

Old 04-01-2021, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's so f*cking ridiculous that/if he wants to go back. IF he does, he's no kind of man, with any shred of backbone. $tevie's SLAVE. Jesus f*cking christ! ENJOY YOUR MILLIONS YOU'VE MADE, AND TELL THEM TO KISS YOUR ASS!

No person with a shred of dignity would go back after the way they treated him. F*cking ridiculous!

Ask me how I really feel about it!
Old 04-01-2021, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Do you think Stevie is kind of on a lonely island now with no communication with Mick or Christine?

Mick's pretty much been cross-media advocating for Lindsey to come back to Fleetwood Mac... but stating it's up to Stevie whether it happens. I imagine she's probably mad at Mick for that.

I think the Covid restrictions have taken their toll on Stevie more than anything else. That is what has isolated her.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I think the Covid restrictions have taken their toll on Stevie more than anything else. That is what has isolated her.
She's a cockroach, she'll be back.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She's a cockroach, she'll be back.
Hey! That's Cher's line
Also, Stevie did a Vogue interview at Thanksgiving...ABOUT HARRY STYLES.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of, any guesses as to why this is the case? I assume he just doesn’t like the song, or like to play it, but Rick, Billy, Neil, and Mike didn’t seem to mind it. Considering Christine performed it on all the FM tours except for the ones Lindsey was with them, she must enjoy performing it.