Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2021, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
FM's social media is promoting this. I'll get impaled for saying this but there could be backchannel talking happening with Stevie and Lindsey people to feel out future "collaboration."

I'm just shocked that they're selling live performance recordings from the Lindsey years. Mick during the 2018 CBS interview said "this is absolutely a new band" This just doesn't seem to be how you'd proceed with a new lineup in tact. They're highlighting Lindsey as a member in the promotional video. There are a lot of Lindsey lead vocals in this set.
I'm not shocked at all. Mick is a giant liar and that crap about a new band was just that, crap. They were never going to record an album. If they were so hell bent on being a new band, they would've recorded an album or even a single and then toured. It was a cash grab tour and Stevie wasn't going to do it with Lindsey, and Mick wasn't going to make as much money with Lindsey and without Stevie, so they fired Lindsey and got some replacements who could stand in and still get away with calling it Fleetwood Mac. Just like with Lindsey in the post-SYW years, I am certain Neil and Mike along with Mick and the Mac's would have done an album as Fleetwood Mac, but Stevie wasn't going to do it. I'm sure they still thought there was a chance, but the pandemic killed everything. Now the gravy train is drying up quick and Mick has to reposition himself and his ability to make some coin. Next thing you know he's talking to Lindsey. And we're going to go right back to rereleasing old stuff that features Lindsey because he can make money off of it.