User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2021, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I almost had a chance to meet him at a Christmas party last December but then the Bay area went back into lockdown. I was going to request "Don't Stop Believing " at the karaoke machine.
I would have requested Black Magic Woman...

(Gregg Rolie reference, not Fleetwood Mac...)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-09-2021, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I almost had a chance to meet him at a Christmas party last December but then the Bay area went back into lockdown. I was going to request "Don't Stop Believing " at the karaoke machine.
I would certainly hope that he's as nice in person as he comes across online.

I'm in Nashville this week, and I was sharing HORROR stories with several musicians the other night, on how terrible it can be meeting your heroes. Sometimes they can act all....$tevie Nicks on you!
Old 02-09-2021, 11:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
It will likely be tracks that were already included on the Tusk Super Deluxe release. The version of The Chain from Wembley is my favorite and would not surprise me if it were included.
Hopefully this is not the case but it is very likely.

My *hope* (aka pipedream) is that they unearthed new recordings from the 1975-1980 tours and include some songs that were left out of the reissues like:

Crystal (has anyone ever heard this one from the 75 tour?)
Frozen Love
Silver Springs
Sunny Side of Heaven
Second Hand News
Believe Me
Think About Me
You Make Loving Fun (I know it's on the Mirage reissue but I'm being picky and would like a better one lol).

Bonus points if they can find the ones from the 80s tours too:
Hold Me
Brown Eyes
Isn't it Midnight
Seven Wonders
Little Lies
Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You (not this one lol)
I Loved Another Woman
Save Me
Stand on the Rock
In the Back of My Mind
Tear it Up
Love is Dangerous

Then you'd have the ultimate live album from the glory days!

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 02-09-2021, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I'm in Nashville this week, and I was sharing HORROR stories with several musicians the other night, on how terrible it can be meeting your heroes. Sometimes they can act all....$tevie Nicks on you!
I never wanted to meet her in person. Not even when I was a rabid teenage fan during the height of her stardom. I think I was on to something.

Old 02-09-2021, 11:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I never wanted to meet her in person. Not even when I was a rabid teenage fan during the height of her stardom. I think I was on to something.
I've never really had much of a desire to meet Stevie either. I always thought Christine would be the most fun one to talk to of you HAD to sit down with one of them, mostly because she seems like she would be candid and and a little more down to earth.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 02-10-2021, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have met Mick once, after a Zoo show. When it was free, not something that cost a paycheck. It was cool. He got me hip to Dave Mason, which, go figure, was two years before Dave was in Fleetwood Mac.

I’d love to meet the McVies, and maybe a few others, but not so much Stevie or Lindsey.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-10-2021, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine and John were the only ones I ever really wanted to meet(back in the day). But I was always afraid I wouldn't understand anything John ever said(I can barely decipher anything he says on video- cockney drunken babbling, with almost no enunciation), and having a few bad meeting stars stories already... if Christine were mean to me, it would break my heart.

We have a daily poster here who met her a couple years ago, and she was lovely. But, she's sober and old now... 30 years ago she may have punched me in the face. She was my absolute heroine until age kept Bob Welch out of the rrhof, then when she didn't save Lindsey... she's still my favorite, but she ain't no Superwoman.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Christine and John were the only ones I ever really wanted to meet(back in the day). But I was always afraid I wouldn't understand anything John ever said(I can barely decipher anything he says on video- cockney drunken babbling, with almost no enunciation), and having a few bad meeting stars stories already... if Christine were mean to me, it would break my heart.

We have a daily poster here who met her a couple years ago, and she was lovely. But, she's sober and old now... 30 years ago she may have punched me in the face. She was my absolute heroine until age kept Bob Welch out of the rrhof, then when she didn't save Lindsey... she's still my favorite, but she ain't no Superwoman.
I briefly met Christine at a weird celebrity softball game in Encino in early 1987..the game was between Fleetwood Mac and of all groups Motley Crue. Nicks and Buckingham were not there . Mick ,John and Christine were as well as Stevie's ne're do well brother Chris. Most of the fans there were skanky girls there to see Motley Crue. Christine came over and talked to some us fans through the chain link fence and signed a couple of autorgraphs .One friend of mine asked her about the yet to be released Tango and she replied "it's a good album I promise you that ". Then he gave her something to sign and she replied 'uh this isn't a very good pen." Another fan that i did not know gave her some kind of plaque to give to Stevie which she graciously accepted ( and hopefully threw in the trash) Another fan gave her a bumper sticker to which she responded "oh for me'! as if she were surprised someone actually gave her something. I asked her if she was going to play in the softball game and she gave me a kind of withering look. My ex who was there told John " I grew up with you "he did not reply but his expression was priceless. My impression of Christine is that she was cordial and down to earth but would not put up with nonsense

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 02-10-2021 at 01:26 AM..
Old 02-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I briefly met Christine at a weird celebrity softball game in Encino in early 1987..the game was between Fleetwood Mac and of all groups Motley Crue. Nicks and Buckingham were not there . Mick ,John and Christine were as well as Stevie's ne're do well brother Chris. Most of the fans there were skanky girls there to see Motley Crue. Christine came over and talked to some us fans through the chain link fence and signed a couple of autorgraphs .One friend of mine asked her about the yet to be released Tango and she replied "it's a good album I promise you that ". Then he gave her something to sign and she replied 'uh this isn't a very good pen." Another fan that i did not know gave her some kind of plaque to give to Stevie which she graciously accepted ( and hopefully threw in the trash) Another fan gave her a bumper sticker to which she responded "oh for me'! as if she were surprised someone actually gave her something. I asked her if she was going to play in the softball game and she gave me a kind of withering look. My ex who was there told John " I grew up with you "he did not reply but his expression was priceless. My impression of Christine is that she was cordial and down to earth but would not put up with nonsense
Nicks and Buckingham weren't there. Hmm. Divas?

I did sound once for Vince Neil's solo band. He was a complete coke head DICK. The show started 3 HOURS late on a weeknight. The crowd was outraged when he finally took the stage, chanting "BULLSH*T". He played 3 songs and left the stage. The crowd began to riot and the state police had to be called in. It got a small write up in Rolling Stone a couple weeks later. You can't make this sh*t up...

Who TF brings a gift for $tevie and gives it to someone else to give to her? I f*cking hate people...

That was still a pretty sweet meeting with Christine! Color me jealous.

I brought her a dozen roses to the second show of the Buck Vie tour. I could push them within a couple inches of her toes, but she didn't seem to notice. She left the stage at the end, and left them. Her assistant came out gathering her personal belongings a few minutes later, and I talked to her for a minute, and BEGGED her to please take them back stage and give them to Christine. She picked them up and took them back stage. In my heart, I HAVE to believe that she got them.

Although she never called me. My number was included in the card, should she be needing someone to worship her while she was in Nashville!
Old 02-10-2021, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This live album reissue is so unexpected. I would have no interest in anything else but this coming from this band. The Live album has always been one of my favorites. Its the best thing Mick ever did ....pretty much forcing Warner Brothers to do this. Everyone was against it and it was not commercially successful. The band had just released what was considered a flop double album......now another double live album with tracks from the flop double album? I can see why no one was excited about it. But its the best thing ever. So much better and raw compared to the #1 Dance album. I just wish they did not included those "new" tracks and we got The Chain and Sisters. I also wish all tracks came from the Tusk Tour compared to sound checks on the Rumours tour. I think the Dreams on the live album is nails down a chalk board. Nicks is overly selling the song as if she was a contestant on American Idol. The reason? It was recorded just as Dreams was released on the Rumours tour....recorded in Paris on a sound check. I think she was excited about the song but good grief I hate the vocal.

Since this thread also about meeting them, I am jealous and also a loser. In 1984, I had won 2 sets of tickets from a radio station for Christine McVie. My parents were not going to take me so I had to find other ways of going. I cracked the code of when the radio station was going to play a FM song to call and win tickets. I got lucky twice on an adult contemporary station that apparently not many people listened to. But all winners were eligible for backstage passes to meet Christine. OMG. I had double entries. How could I not win? I didn't.
I never "met" them but shook Stevie's hand and Lindsey's hand at the meet and greet. In my 20's, I was very fit and had this wife beater tank top on that said "Rock Hard". During her edge walk in 1998, Stevie grabbed both hands and looked down and read my shirt. Her expression was odd
Old 02-10-2021, 05:31 AM
Ledgie

Great news about the Live album which ,as has been said, is far better than 'The Dance' I think.( with the exception of NTF and One More Lonely Night)
As regards the extra CD- I suspect that it will be the remainder of the songs from the St. Louis '79 show that are not on the Live album: The Chain,WMYTYTO,Oh Daddy,Save me a place,Tusk,Angel,YMLF,Sisters, Blue Letter and Songbird.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
It will likely be tracks that were already included on the Tusk Super Deluxe release. The version of The Chain from Wembley is my favorite and would not surprise me if it were included.
That was exactly my thought ... it's a money-scraper this release .. remastered ok ... fine ... but the third disc will probably have stuff we already have from the previous box-sets ... (or same songs from different venues).
Old 02-10-2021, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m very excited for this release as I do enjoy all of the box set releases. I would hope they put the alt version of Fireflies on it that was more of a duet from Stevie and Lindsey.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Great news about the Live album which ,as has been said, is far better than 'The Dance' I think.( with the exception of NTF and One More Lonely Night)
As regards the extra CD- I suspect that it will be the remainder of the songs from the St. Louis '79 show that are not on the Live album: The Chain,WMYTYTO,Oh Daddy,Save me a place,Tusk,Angel,YMLF,Sisters, Blue Letter and Songbird.
Oh PLEASE let OH DADDY be live on a CD from the Tusk tour or earlier. I think I would even buy Homer a copy of this if its true.
Nothing can make one celebrate a reissue of Live 1980 than Oh Daddy live and on CD. I will put on lots of shawls and dance around my bedroom

***Pinch me......I may be dreaming****
Old 02-10-2021, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie