The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2021, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well it sounds like the “hot water” he found himself in came from Stevie/Irving so it definitely sounds like somebody is still burning every bridge she possibly can. I hope Mick let’s it go and they make a Buckingham McVie follow up.
Old 04-28-2021, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looking back through the threads I had forgotten this album was even called Blue Light or whatever.

My only problem with the title Lindsey Buckingham is that his last release was titled Lindsey Buckingham/Christine McVie. It’s starting to see like one big math equation (which is of course exactly what FM is so ... bravo &#128079

Do we really think the release is contingent on developments in Mac land?

As in: once again dependent on their touring schedule? Or dependent on a desire to potentially record and release?

These strange times....

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Second this.

Buck Vie is the best we can hope for. It would be my preference, anyway. But Mick wants his $tevie money. He'll never be happy with making a few thousand a night.

I hope FM is DONE as a touring entity.
This is where selling his publishing rights comes in. He clearly states in that interview that it gave him the cash infusion he wants/needs, and now he doesn't have to hitch his financial future to Stevie's wagon. As he said, he got the money now while he's still alive, and having that money will enable him to do some things that as he put it would otherwise have to wait a few more years which I took to mean possibly another tour or two. I'm sure his restaurant has done nothing but hemorrhage money the whole pandemic, and tourism to Hawaii may not pick up to pre-covid levels for some time.

he did say whilst the money has relieved the need for big "two year tours" again, he wasn't opposed at all to doing festivals... indeed it sounds like that's how he foresees the rest of their time. He did still harbor a personal wish to get back with LB but as he said he's gotten boiled for that so......But, with his cash-out, doing other stuff with LB like a BuckVie2 could be far more possible.
Has John sold off any of his publishing rights?? If HE takes the big cash payout, forget seeing him again....
Old 04-28-2021, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So..the album is ok but WB needs duets?? Duets with who????
Come on, it's Lindsey Buckingham, and even with no idea about marketing and stuff, he just doesn't need to sing with another guy or girl to have some success. Younger generations love him and will love him for what he did with FM and as a solo artist. A SOLO artist...
The only thing I'm praying for, is to hear something really new, something different from the Say You Will-Gift Of Screws-Seeds We Sow sound, maybe less speedy guitars and more rock sound. We know our star is on his 70s, but he still can rock a bit. And for me, it would be really great to hear al least one song with the style of Out Of The Cradle or even Go Insane!
Old 04-28-2021, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
This is where selling his publishing rights comes in. He clearly states in that interview that it gave him the cash infusion he wants/needs, and now he doesn't have to hitch his financial future to Stevie's wagon. As he said, he got the money now while he's still alive, and having that money will enable him to do some things that as he put it would otherwise have to wait a few more years which I took to mean possibly another tour or two. I'm sure his restaurant has done nothing but hemorrhage money the whole pandemic, and tourism to Hawaii may not pick up to pre-covid levels for some time.

he did say whilst the money has relieved the need for big "two year tours" again, he wasn't opposed at all to doing festivals... indeed it sounds like that's how he foresees the rest of their time. He did still harbor a personal wish to get back with LB but as he said he's gotten boiled for that so......But, with his cash-out, doing other stuff with LB like a BuckVie2 could be far more possible.
Has John sold off any of his publishing rights?? If HE takes the big cash payout, forget seeing him again....
Mick will ALWAYS be a greedy SOB. That's who he is. Did I mention that he's stupid to boot?
Old 04-29-2021, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
So..the album is ok but WB needs duets?? Duets with who????

The only thing I'm praying for, is to hear something really new, something different from the Say You Will-Gift Of Screws-Seeds We Sow sound
From where does this come that there is an expectation of duets?

Incidentally, I listened to the latest Charlotte OC singles—every song by her has been really good—and I tweeted that she should work with LB. She liked and retweeted my suggestion.

As for the sound, yes it needs something fresh — I am hoping his work that synth band points the way but I’m open to anything new.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.