Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm awaiting my next instructions from you, oh mighty moderator!
Next time you drive just North of the Indy/Kentucky border, look west for the Ghosts in the Fog. They will look like a spirits in flight, only with boots for the summer. The spirits will introduce you to their sisters. The one that has the darkest and most careless make-up will give you your next post. . Ok, I think I'm off topic.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-14-2020 at 07:53 AM..
Old 01-14-2020, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
But you and every Stevie hating FM fan on here sounds like a broken record. None of you have said anything new for 2 solid years. It's the same monotone complaints. What I don't understand is why people(not you) are still on this site when they claim to absolutely hate Fleetwood Mac now that Lindsey has been fired. Like why stick around to discuss Fleetwood Mac when you clearly hate the people who currently are members of this band?
And what I don’t understand is why people who say they hate what the site has become and think it’s such a drag keep coming back. It is what it is. It’s been two years now or maybe 10, so it’s probably not going to change. I think people should grieve what they miss about TL and move on. Do they think that if they keep complaining about how unhappy or bored they are that there’s going to be an about face? Do they think there’s going to be a mad scramble to turn things around and entice people back or keep them from leaving in disgust. Do they think criticism of the board is a dagger in the heart to someone ? Do they think that anyone wants to listen to the grievances, take note, and try to correct what displeases people?
Old 01-14-2020, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And a night or two with Dave Stewart. She wanted to hide that from Tom Petty because why?? Why would Tom care, unless ...
Old 01-14-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And what I don’t understand is why people who say they hate what the site has become and think it’s such a drag keep coming back. It is what it is. It’s been two years now or maybe 10, so it’s probably not going to change. I think people should grieve what they miss about TL and move on. Do they think that if they keep complaining about how unhappy or bored they are that there’s going to be an about face? Do they think there’s going to be a mad scramble to turn things around and entice people back or keep them from leaving in disgust. Do they think criticism of the board is a dagger in the heart to someone ? Do they think that anyone wants to listen to the grievances, take note, and try to correct what displeases people?
I like the "dagger" reference.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:
And a night or two with Dave Stewart. She wanted to hide that from Tom Petty because why?? Why would Tom care, unless ...
Sweet dreams are made of these!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I like the "dagger" reference.
I could have gone with thorn in the side.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well nobody really wants to listen to you go on about what people should and shouldn’t post about, it’s a public forum. If you don’t like it, leave.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Well nobody really wants to listen to you go on about what people should and shouldn’t post about, it’s a public forum. If you don’t like it, leave.
Well, I can’t leave. It’s not a public forum. It’s a private forum that is open to most. There’s a difference.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And what I don’t understand is why people who say they hate what the site has become and think it’s such a drag keep coming back. It is what it is. It’s been two years now or maybe 10, so it’s probably not going to change. I think people should grieve what they miss about TL and move on.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-14-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
The $tevie apologists always want to talk about how bad the board is because most folks won't worship their queen.

Or, they want to dispute anyone they disagree with by... wait for it... saying how bad the board is.

Yet, here they are.

I don't mind negative posts about Lindsey, he's no saint. I like a good debate that breeds discussion.

Which leaves me with this:

If it's me that's driving you to this madness
Then there's one thing that I'd like to say
Take a look at your life and your ledgies...
Nothing ever changes

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-14-2020 at 01:52 PM..
Old 01-14-2020, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The $tevie apologists always want to talk about how bad the board is because most folks won't worship their queen.

Or, they want to dispute anyone they disagree with by... wait for it... saying how bad the board is.

Yet, here they are.

I don't mind negative posts about Lindsey, he's no saint. I like a good debate that breeds discussion.

Which leaves me with this:

If it's me that's driving you to this madness
Then there's one thing that I'd like to say
Take a look at your life and your ledgies...
Nothing ever changes
Nothing can be saved here
Old 01-14-2020, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They keep coming back because it's a great site. Or at least it felt great before LB was fired. There should be an effort to change when you have multiple people telling you they'd like to see a change. Change is good. Sheryl Crow says, "a change will do you good." No one is hoping for daggers aimed at board owners. They just want the general abusive broken record posts to cease. I have read all the grievances, taken note of them in my brain, and hope that the negative Nancies will try to correct what displeases people. People don't want to leave the Ledge. We want to make it great again.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I can’t leave. It’s not a public forum. It’s a private forum that is open to most. There’s a difference.
Oh give me a break. I'm pretty sure folks can register and start posting, this isn't by invitation only.

And for the record, just because you are not involved in this site the same way you were a few years ago, it still gives you zero right to attempt to control what is discussed or not discussed in a forum...and if you can't handle that, perhaps you're in the wrong business..I'm not really interested in whatever "proviso" agreement you claim to have, it's called free speech.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-14-2020 at 08:07 PM..
Old 01-14-2020, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh give me a break. I'm pretty sure folks can register and start posting, this isn't by invitation only.

And for the record, just because you are not involved in this site the same way you were a few years ago, it still gives you zero right to attempt to control what is discussed or not discussed in a forum...and if you can't handle that, perhaps you're in the wrong business..I'm not really interested in whatever "proviso" agreement you claim to have, it's called free speech.
Presumably that free speech includes the right to criticize the forum and how it is moderated.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Presumably that free speech includes the right to criticize the forum and how it is moderated.
There is no right to free speech on a private forum any more than there would be a right to free speech on your face book page.