User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-04-2024, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow, it sounds so good on my "echo studios!!" You've heard them from the Perfect clips I've sent over.
Yeah, her vocal on that demo is bonkers good
Old 03-05-2024, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yeah, her vocal on that demo is bonkers good
I'm addicted to this version.
Old 03-05-2024, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite part of this song is the bridge or middle eight… “You may come home one morning and find she’s not sleeping alone…” The rise of the piano chords there against the melody is gorgeous.

The demo is great but I like that the released version repeats this bit a second time, “If you want her, better get her now…”
Old 03-05-2024, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think what would have made this track better would have been having Stevie and Lindsey’s background vocals more prominent. Their harmonies during this period was so amazing.
Old 03-06-2024, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Okay, I just went through my 45s. No Fireflies. Here's the poop.
Rhiannon/Sugar Daddy
Think About Me/Save Me A Place
Edge of 17/Live Edge of 17
John Stewart Gold

That's all the FM 45s I've got. I always bought the albums the day they were released, so why would I buy 45s?

And unrelated, I don't remember being a Bee Gees fan, but f*ck me, I've got like 20 of their 45s. In my defense, I think some of them may have been my older cousin's, who lived with us when she was in high school. That must be it, because I've always been annoyed by falsetto singers.

I dug out all my old albums and 45s over the summer clearing out my parents' house. One day I'll take some pics and post them here. I've got 'em all.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just this morning it's been 4 times I've heard the demo so far. I'm falling in love with this version.

I wonder where and when this demo was recorded. First thought it was during Tusk sessions, since the Live album was released just finishing the tour. But in that case why they didn't include in the Deluxe or Expanded releases.

And her voice sounds so young it makes me think it was recorder years before.
Old 03-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I wonder where and when this demo was recorded. First thought it was during Tusk sessions, since the Live album was released just finishing the tour. But in that case why they didn't include in the Deluxe or Expanded releases.

And her voice sounds so young it makes me think it was recorder years before.
It’s not a demo. The band played this live at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Details are sketchy. They did a couple of days at the venue on Sept. 3 and 4, 1980, just a few days after their final night of the tour. Lord knows why they did these two extra days — “for crew and friends,” the album says, though why the crew needed to hear the band play two more times after being on the road with them for a year, only the crew could say. So they played these two “shows” or whatever they were, recording “One More Night,” “Fireflies,” and “Farmer’s Daughter” several times, and I don’t know whether they played a full set or an evening full of blues or showtunes or what. Maybe the plan was to film something for TV or prepare a live album (at the time, the plan was to release the show on Sept. 1 as a two-LP live album). Maybe the plan was to add post-production to the very raw live tracks, like “Sara” and “Over and Over.”

The guy to ask would be Biff Dawes, who recorded the two days. He may be on Instagram or FB.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-08-2024, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It’s not a demo. The band played this live at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Details are sketchy. They did a couple of days at the venue on Sept. 3 and 4, 1980, just a few days after their final night of the tour. Lord knows why they did these two extra days — “for crew and friends,” the album says, though why the crew needed to hear the band play two more times after being on the road with them for a year, only the crew could say. So they played these two “shows” or whatever they were, recording “One More Night,” “Fireflies,” and “Farmer’s Daughter” several times, and I don’t know whether they played a full set or an evening full of blues or showtunes or what. Maybe the plan was to film something for TV or prepare a live album (at the time, the plan was to release the show on Sept. 1 as a two-LP live album). Maybe the plan was to add post-production to the very raw live tracks, like “Sara” and “Over and Over.”

The guy to ask would be Biff Dawes, who recorded the two days. He may be on Instagram or FB.

the vocal on Fireflies is an overdub. Lindsey did a guide vocal with the band, and she recorded over it.

I thought I could find the LB only one easily but still searching my files. Might be on my old computer. Here is a version with Stevie and Lindsey both doing lead, with Stevie dubs. Pieces of this version made it to the final mix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPhedT6lHzY

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-08-2024 at 05:52 PM..
Old 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I know that, but I was talking about the version aleuzzi shared and mentioned it's a demo, and it's far different from the Live album version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I would have agreed with you until I heard the demo. That version is to my way of thinking WAYYYYYYYYYY better than the one that ended up on Fleetwood Mac Live.

It's everything I ever wanted from a Christine solo album, just her at the piano. The kind of tune you might find on a Laura Nyro album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI

It was the first thing I listened to when I learned of her death.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe the plan was to add post-production to the very raw live tracks, like “Sara” and “Over and Over.”

Does the Fleetwood Mac Live album from 1980 have overdubbed studio vocals added? Some of the "live" versions on the album sound a little too sharp, crisp, and clean. The background vocals on "Sara" and "Dreams" are near perfect - and the band didn't sound exactly like this in concert.

If so - when were these overdubs and studio vocal work completed?
It seems the band quickly rushed off to various solo projects at the conclusion of the Tusk tour in 1980.
Old 03-08-2024, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The deluxe Live box set has a bonus 45 vinyl single that is labeled demo for both One More and Fireflies. It's only available in the box set and only on vinyl that I know of.

Quote:
Yes I know that, but I was talking about the version aleuzzi shared and mentioned it's a demo, and it's far different from the Live album version:
Old 03-09-2024, 05:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Does the Fleetwood Mac Live album from 1980 have overdubbed studio vocals added? Some of the "live" versions on the album sound a little too sharp, crisp, and clean. The background vocals on "Sara" and "Dreams" are near perfect - and the band didn't sound exactly like this in concert.

It seems the band quickly rushed off to various solo projects at the conclusion of the Tusk tour in 1980.
Yes Sara was definitely touched with vocals for the album. I don't know about others.
Old 03-09-2024, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
The deluxe Live box set has a bonus 45 vinyl single that is labeled demo for both One More and Fireflies. It's only available in the box set and only on vinyl that I know of.
That's why I didn't find it. At the release moment I had checked digital editions of Live Deluxe (I still have iTunes ) and only included a Fireflies long version remix. But now I can find this OMN version, not in the Deluxe Live edition but in a "Demos Singles" album, that only have Fireflies and One More Night demos.

Last edited by Villavic; 03-09-2024 at 07:13 AM..
Old 03-09-2024, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good to know. I'm old, old school and usually don't purchase digital downloads unless I can't find it any other way. I've never liked iTunes because they put everything in their own format and claim that they still own the music even though you have purchased it. I guess Amazon does the same thing now too.

Quote:
That's why I didn't find it. At the release moment I had checked digital editions of Live Deluxe (I still have iTunes ) and only included a Fireflies long version remix. But now I can find this OMN version, not in the Deluxe Live edition but in a "Demos Singles" album, that only have Fireflies and One More Night demos.
Old 03-09-2024, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post

Yes, lots of them.