User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Can we get a sticky with tour dates? Also the coding for all of the videos didn't seem to survive the move so well. Can that be fixed?
I just posted another video and the coding doesn't work there either. We might have to go back to our other forums again.
Old 10-07-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I just posted another video and the coding doesn't work there either. We might have to go back to our other forums again.
I sent a PM about the issues but who knows if we'll hear back? I was completely surprised that we got this forum. We can merge our threads if you like.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I sent a PM about the issues but who knows if we'll hear back? I was completely surprised that we got this forum. We can merge our threads if you like.
Great idea
Old 10-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cannot see any of the videos, is there a new setting I need to click somewhere? Thanks!!
Old 10-07-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well the one song I was thrilled they put in the set but disappointed with how it actually sounded in Tulsa at least was Isn’t it Midnight. Well it did a 180 in Chicago and sounds incredible. Maybe it’s Chris and the band, or maybe it’s something as simple as the sound quality of the different videos, but I’m thrilled not just that they’re “doing” Isn’t it Midnight but they sound amazing on it.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was completely surprised that we got this forum.
It was a nice surprise and you and I can take the credit for the Mods realizing it was needed. Now there needs to be no more discussions about which thread to put the current lineup into. I have a great idea. Since you and I (and who knows else will come along too), want to be the ones to create the video threads for the tour, why don't we take turns. You start the next one after the show on the 10th and then we can alternate, and I'll start the thread on the show after that and so on and so forth. What do you think?
Old 10-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I Got You:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfhoQHYrt7I
Old 10-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Black Magic Woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpgcz0fHbEs
Old 10-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1hO7zVtr_Y

Rhiannon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE_ZziZDtmM

Say You Love Me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_V-MCxCx90

Last edited by vivfox; 10-08-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Old 10-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thx to you and gldswmn for getting this forum started.

My sig other (it feels stupid to say boyfriend when you're not 20) surprised me with a ticket for the Chicago show. I'm pretty bummed about Lindsey and I had no intention of going to this show. He sprung the ticket on me Friday and I just sat there. Imagine my shock when he proceeded to use my arguments against me! Here's a sample: What if this is the last tour, what is someone dies, what if this or that, you'll regret not going to see it for yourself, youtube videos are not the same as being there, if you change your mind you'll have to drive to a show further away, etc. He was adamant that I experience it for myself. He said I was making a mistake by not seeing this version of the band I've loved all my life. He was all serious and doing the "I know you/I know how you are" thing so I went. I'll post my review right after this
Old 10-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My seat was on the R side Sec 120, Row 8, Seat 1. It felt weird not being on the floor up close where I'd normally be. I couldn't see some of the screen stuff very well and never saw John till the end when he moved out of his spot. I'm not sure how to describe the show--it was very emotional for me. I don't mind being angry, depressed, happy but all 3 at the same time was too much. Ultimately he was right----I feel satisfied that I experienced it live and and I'll never wonder about it.

Christine sounded uneven to me all night. She looked like she was enjoying herself esp on "Tell Me", she was smiling, bouncing up and down. It sounded like Stevie shouted a lot to me. She doesn't have much nuance in her voice anymore. I didn't hear Sharon and Marilyn much and I was on their side. Mike did a good job esp on the pre 1975 songs. Neil did a good job too--I don't think he's phoning it in at all--he seems to be making an effort to sing the songs well and in a way we're used to hearing. John sounded great as always esp during Hypnotized.

I dunno--maybe I'll say more about it tonight when I'm at work and I have some quiet time. It's just that small things that I love were missing. When Lindsey yelps "yea" during the chorus of YMLF or the stuff he plays during GDW. I wanted to hear Isn't it Midnight with his vocals not Neil's. GYOW sounds very hard rock to me live but not during this show.

Whenever a pre FM5 song would start up I got excited cause I want to hear those songs live just not like this.

I haven't posted or read much here lately because I've been consumed with work issues. When I got the ticket on Friday I had to skim thru as much as I could to catch up. The Tulsa show could have been better so I think they wanted to bring it big time to Chicago. The United Center looked filled to me and I saw/heard lots of happy people around me and on my way out afterwards. Mike Campbell got a huge cheer when he was introduced as did Neil Finn. That surprised me a little (the Neil cheer) and when he started Don't Dream the audience cranked up on the first Hey Now. I expected a sing along but I thought it would take longer for the audience to chime in--I was wrong. Heard many positive comments about Freefallin and the tribute to Tom Petty. Even with the older songs most people stuck around. I think that's because Oh Well and Tell me are fast paced. Storms sounded good and I enjoyed the duet with Chris and Stevie at the end.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I want to add a few thoughts to my review. What happened to Gypsy? They played it on Ellen but it didn't make it into the set list. Stevie talked way less than the last tour-the talking seemed more evenly divided and Mick came out to introduce people/songs. I didn't know he was going to come out to center stage with his drum during his solo. The young guy next to me was like that's cool! When Neil and Stevie were singing I Got You it felt like they were trying to recreate the Silver Springs intensity. Taku Hirano was fun to watch--he looked really into it. Chris seemed to play more too, I don't think her hand was bothering her like the last tour (remember she had a brace for a while). She seemed to play more here or more vigorously than she did with BuckVie. Someone already mentioned no top for Stevie. And the water bottle thing was funny...
Old 10-09-2018, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Live Review and Photo Gallery: Fleetwood Mac at United Center

Fleetwood Mac
United Center, Chicago
Saturday, October 6, 2018

Every instance when the current members of Fleetwood Mac chanted “chains keep us together” at the United Center on only the second night of a North American tour that stretches well into 2019, it seemed to be much more than a chance for the audience to sing-a-long to what’s become its standard opener “The Chain,” but rather an internal commitment that no matter the degree of drama transpires, at least some version of the band will always exist. For those who missed the latest soap opera episode of what could easily be dubbed “As Fleetwood Mac’s World Turns,” the core four of drummer Mick Fleetwood, bassist John McVie, vocalist/keyboardist Christine McVie and singer Stevie Nicks are continuing for the second time without Lindsey Buckingham, who’s been let go this round (and touring solo through the Athenaeum Theatre on October 17), but once again replaced by two players.

Chances are even those who weren’t keeping up with the saga could instantly recognize the fresh faces, Neil Finn (of Crowded House and Split Enz fame) and Mike Campbell (from Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers), who dived head first into the Fleetwood Mac fold, despite Buckingham’s integral contributions being noticeably absent and missed. Then again, this is an act that’s been through numerous editions and incarnations (including most recently Christine McVie’s temporary retirement with merely Nicks and Buckingham out front in the 2000s), so it really wasn’t that far of a stretch to accept, at least as far as the venue’s sold out status was concerned.

Shaking up the line-up was accompanied by the unexpected inclusion of several rarities in between the main classics for well over two hours, which between all the players collectively and individually, meant there were tons of choices. “Little Lies,” “Dreams,” “Say You Love Me,” “Everywhere” and “Rhiannon” were just a handful of the Stevie and Christine notables that came across as sweet as ever, bathed in a wall of harmonies that may have sounded a bit different than the original records given the adjusted configuration, but were nonetheless textbook Fleetwood Mac.

The new recruits also had many chances to make the acquaintance of longtime fans in this format, with Finn excelling on Split Enz’s “I Got You,” Crowded House’s “Don’t Dream It’s Over” in an enchanting duet with Nicks, plus the set list shockers “Tell Me All The Things You Do” and “Hypnotized” representing Danny Kirwan and Bob Welch’s contributions long before Fleetwood Mac made a commercial splash. Campbell gave listeners from the days of Peter Green and “Black Magic Woman” (resurrected earlier by Nicks) another bluesy surprise with the snarling “Oh Well,” while a tribute to his pal and former employer Tom Petty via “Free Fallin’” with Stevie singing earned a hefty appraisal.

Even with the front line’s massive appeal on their own, Fleetwood Mac mega-hits such as “Landslide,” “You Make Loving Fun,” “Go Your Own Way” and “Don’t Stop” called to mind exactly how valuable the group’s extensive songbook has become well beyond its main run throughout 1970s and ‘80s, alongside the forgotten ‘90s cut “All Over Again” popping up unexpectedly as the debut duet between the ladies to neatly tie up the night’s theme. Now in operation for more than 50 years, it’s probably safe to say that no matter what goes down between personnel or who winds up making the final roster during any given season, these Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will likely “never break the chain” as they “don’t stop thinking about tomorrow.”

-Review and photos by Andy Argyrakis

The photos can be found here:
http://illinoisentertainer.com/2018/...united-center/