The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

True faith- I think Lindsey has finally spilled the truth of why a duet album with Christine vs what should've been the final Fleetwood Mac album. Many of us already suspected the obvious though. Nicks creative well has dried up and it would've been slightly embarrassing for her to rely on old demos to get her through when the other two had some fresh ideas mixed with familiar sounds.

Noticeably absent is Say You Will, which with its sprawling tracklist and production I would've thought at least a passing comment. Interesting read nonetheless.
Old 11-13-2021, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
True faith- I think Lindsey has finally spilled the truth of why a duet album with Christine vs what should've been the final Fleetwood Mac album. Many of us already suspected the obvious though. Nicks creative well has dried up and it would've been slightly embarrassing for her to rely on old demos to get her through when the other two had some fresh ideas mixed with familiar sounds.

Noticeably absent is Say You Will, which with its sprawling tracklist and production I would've thought at least a passing comment. Interesting read nonetheless.
yes, actually almost the whole original Gift of Screws (also he's not doing even a single song from that would-be double album on his current tour), as well as Seeds We Sow. he's been ignoring both these albums this year which i find interesting - and original Gift of Screws and Seeds are my favorite albums of his.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-13-2021, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, actually almost the whole original Gift of Screws (also he's not doing even a single song from that would-be double album on his current tour), as well as Seeds We Sow. he's been ignoring both these albums this year which i find interesting - and original Gift of Screws and Seeds are my favorite albums of his.
Even after he did the short 2008 tour for Gift of Screws, I think he only did 1 song from it, "Treason" on the SWS Tour & Anthology Tour. I think his pride & joy is SWS.

I'm curious to why he's not doing the solo version of Go Insane on the 2021 Tour!
Old 11-14-2021, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice read, for the most part. But there are also the usual comments that underplay Christine’s part in building the music. I’ve heard a number of her demos that make clear the shape and foundation of the song is already established. Producer touches (Lindsey’s) obviously enhance the material—but the way he likes to tell it, she (to a lesser extent than Stevie, but still…) provides some “very rough” things that he turns to gold “for her.” Even when this might be accurate, his wording is dismissive and even misleading. He does not acknowledge that Christine ALLOWED him to do this with her songs, that her collaborative nature enabled this to happen.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-14-2021 at 11:20 AM..
Old 11-14-2021, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Nice read, for the most part. But there are also the usual comments that underplay Christine’s part in building the music. I’ve heard a number of her demos that make clear the shape and foundation of the song is already established. Producer touches (Lindsey’s) obviously enhance the material—but the way he likes to tell it, she (to a lesser extent than Stevie, but still…) provides some “very rough” things that he turns to gold “for her.” Even when this might be accurate, his wording is dismissive and even misleading. He does not acknowledge that Christine ALLOWED him to do this with her songs, that her collaborative nature enabled this to happen.
so agree with this, the phrasing of those comments bothers me too. he was doing the same when Christine and he were doing Q&As for BuckVie tour, with her sitting right next to him, and i was thinking if i was her he'd get an earful afterwards.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-14-2021, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Even after he did the short 2008 tour for Gift of Screws, I think he only did 1 song from it, "Treason" on the SWS Tour & Anthology Tour. I think his pride & joy is SWS.

I'm curious to why he's not doing the solo version of Go Insane on the 2021 Tour!
i'm talking about the original GOS though - he's been doing BTLH a lot, both solo and mac tours, as well as Come on solo tours. he's also been doing Say Goodbye a lot on Mac tours. and he finally did Rodeo as a part of the set in 2018. but he's now doing zero songs from the original GOS.

he's completely ignoring Seeds in all his current PR push. might be because Seeds was not released on his current label.

i don't mind him not doing a solo version of GI this time around although i would love a full band version.

Old 11-14-2021, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i'm talking about the original GOS though - he's been doing BTLH a lot, both solo and mac tours, as well as Come on solo tours. he's also been doing Say Goodbye a lot on Mac tours. and he finally did Rodeo as a part of the set in 2018. but he's now doing zero songs from the original GOS.

he's completely ignoring Seeds in all his current PR push. might be because Seeds was not released on his current label.

i don't mind him not doing a solo version of GI this time around although i would love a full band version.
I see, thank you.

Well good for us that he does two from SWS on the Fall Tour. Surprised he's doing IOOT because it seems hard to perform!

Under the Skin is my favorite but I'd take Come, Bleed to Love Her, or Say Goodbye over Shut Us Down bc SUD gets played SO much.
Old 11-14-2021, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I see, thank you.

Well good for us that he does two from SWS on the Fall Tour. Surprised he's doing IOOT !because it seems hard to perform

Under the Skin is my favorite but I'd take Come, Bleed to Love Her, or Say Goodbye over Shut Us Down bc SUD gets played SO much.
yes, completely agree! i was ecstatic when we sat down for that opening show soundcheck and he started with IOOT - didn't expect that at all especially since he dropped it at the last few show in 2018! IOOT deserves to be in his set!

Old 11-14-2021, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well good for us that he does two from SWS on the Fall Tour. Surprised he's doing IOOT because it seems hard to perform!

yeah, Stars that he's currently doing from Seeds or Rock Away Blind could replace some of the overplayed heavy acoustic guitar songs in his set.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yeah, Stars that he's currently doing from Seeds or Rock Away Blind could replace some of the overplayed heavy acoustic guitar songs in his set.
He could actually get away with dropping Trouble, as long as he does GYOW... the audience won't yell at him!

I doubt he'll do any different songs for the December leg.
Old 11-28-2021, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine once said something like that even when you disagree with someone you let them do it and give in to them because you respect them so much and I remember thinking she was talking about Lindsey and how she would sometimes concede to him, even though she thought her own ideas were better.

Yes, she was collaborative and yielding.
Old 11-28-2021, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine once said something like that even when you disagree with someone you let them do it and give in to them because you respect them so much and I remember thinking she was talking about Lindsey and how she would sometimes concede to him, even though she thought her own ideas were better.

Yes, she was collaborative and yielding.
His vision led them to huge success. Christine appreciated on which side her bread was buttered.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Not to take anything away from this Lindsey thread topic but I disagree that Stevie recording old demos would have been a bad idea. I personally think it would have been a great idea because the Stevie fans have desperately been waiting all our lives for her to release all the demos and sure, we'll take updated versions if we can. A good demo can be made great by a great producer and Lindsey is one of the best.