The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-02-2004, 11:37 PM
BrokenWing's Avatar
BrokenWing BrokenWing is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scranton, Pa., USA
Posts: 52
Question Pre-Rumours songs in Rumours-era shows?

Curious question--does anybody know which pre-BN Mac songs, apart from the well-documented Oh Well and Hypnotized, were performed at early BN-era shows? I saw an old review someone posted on the Rumours forum that mentioned Station Man and Spare Me A Little Of Your Love, but was that it?

Eileen
__________________
"I turn the light out on my life ~ So you don't have to sacrifice ~ The bliss of all your ignorance"
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 07-03-2004, 12:50 AM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWing
Curious question--does anybody know which pre-BN Mac songs, apart from the well-documented Oh Well and Hypnotized, were performed at early BN-era shows? I saw an old review someone posted on the Rumours forum that mentioned Station Man and Spare Me A Little Of Your Love, but was that it?
Lots & lots, & luckily lots & lots are on tape, including The Green Manalishi, Rattlesnake Shake, Oh Well, Station Man, Tell Me All the Things You Do, Sunny Side of Heaven, Spare Me a Little, Believe Me, Hypnotized & Why. There apparently were others, but these are actually on tape & therefore provide solid evidence.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-06-2004, 10:17 AM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,702
Default

Just recently on another board, someone semi-confirmed that they also played:

Bob Welch's "Angel" (Christine on vocals) and Danny Kirwan's "Child Of Mine" (Lindsey on vocals).

I said "semi-" because I'd previously heard that they played both of those tunes with Stevie handling lead vocals on both.

But, this confirmation sounds a bit more realistic. The person who originally told me about these tunes probably couldn't take his eyes off of Stevie so when she sang the harmonies, he probably assumed she was singing lead.

There's a little nagging vague recall in the back of my mind that they played "Black Magic Woman" (Lindsey vocal) in 1975 when they played Anaheim Stadium and opened for Loggins & Messina/Rod Stewart & Faces.
__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,395
Default Station Man and Hypnotized

I have a CD boguht in Spain, kind of a bootleg with part of a concert from the white album days. Station Man and Hypnotized were included.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2004, 12:39 PM
fleetfootmike's Avatar
fleetfootmike fleetfootmike is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Just recently on another board, someone semi-confirmed that they also played:

Bob Welch's "Angel" (Christine on vocals) and Danny Kirwan's "Child Of Mine" (Lindsey on vocals).

I said "semi-" because I'd previously heard that they played both of those tunes with Stevie handling lead vocals on both.

But, this confirmation sounds a bit more realistic. The person who originally told me about these tunes probably couldn't take his eyes off of Stevie so when she sang the harmonies, he probably assumed she was singing lead.

There's a little nagging vague recall in the back of my mind that they played "Black Magic Woman" (Lindsey vocal) in 1975 when they played Anaheim Stadium and opened for Loggins & Messina/Rod Stewart & Faces.
Got a pointer to the 'other board' posting in question, Steve?
__________________
Fleetfoot Mike - http://www.fleetfootmike.net/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
fleetfootmike's Avatar
fleetfootmike fleetfootmike is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Lots & lots, & luckily lots & lots are on tape, including The Green Manalishi, Rattlesnake Shake, Oh Well, Station Man, Tell Me All the Things You Do, Sunny Side of Heaven, Spare Me a Little, Believe Me, Hypnotized & Why. There apparently were others, but these are actually on tape & therefore provide solid evidence.
I have "Jumping At Shadows" on a rather low quality boot labelled "San Diego '75".
__________________
Fleetfoot Mike - http://www.fleetfootmike.net/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-07-2006, 04:09 AM
fleetfootmike's Avatar
fleetfootmike fleetfootmike is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 125
Default

Revisiting this thread two years down the line:

Does anyone (David) have a note of which boot actually has a Rumours-era "Rattlesnake Shake" on it?
__________________
Fleetfoot Mike - http://www.fleetfootmike.net/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-07-2006, 10:17 AM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfootmike View Post
Revisiting this thread two years down the line:

Does anyone (David) have a note of which boot actually has a Rumours-era "Rattlesnake Shake" on it?
A "second" from me...I've never seen any boots with Lindsey's take of "Rattlesnake Shake" (although I've seen them play it in person a number of times)...and I sure would like to have one. {hint, hint}
__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-07-2006, 03:04 PM
fleetfootmike's Avatar
fleetfootmike fleetfootmike is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 125
Default

With you *all* the way, there, mate

It's going in our setlist as soon as I do
__________________
Fleetfoot Mike - http://www.fleetfootmike.net/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,395
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I have a CD boguht in Spain, kind of a bootleg with part of a concert from the white album days. Station Man and Hypnotized were included.
Spare me a little is also in that CD, but not Rattlesnake Shake. I've never heard a Rattlesnake Shake version of the Rumours lineup, and as long as I remember, Mick didn't mention that song in his book, about being playing by the Rumours lineup.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-13-2006, 08:34 AM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,702
Default

I witnessed it a number of times. Sadly, up to now, there hasn't been any recordings circulated of them playing it.
__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-13-2006, 01:33 PM
DavidMn DavidMn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota
Posts: 13,872
Default

Whast about Tell Me All The Things You Do from Kiln House?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-13-2006, 01:39 PM
chiliD's Avatar
chiliD chiliD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: In the backseat of a Studebaker
Posts: 9,702
Default

David mentioned it in the very first response to the original post of the thread.

There are a couple of boots circulating with TMATTYD. A tour rehearsal and the Feb 22nd show from Philly come to mind immediately.
__________________
Among God's creations, two, the dog and the guitar, have taken all the sizes and all the shapes in order not to be separated from the man.---Andres Segovia
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-13-2006, 01:42 PM
DavidMn DavidMn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota
Posts: 13,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
David mentioned it in the very first response to the original post of the thread.

There are a couple of boots circulating with TMATTYD. A tour rehearsal and the Feb 22nd show from Philly come to mind immediately.
UGH! Here I thought I was gonna look smart, OOPS just the opposite. Steve, I always know I can count on u to correct me...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-20-2006, 06:52 AM
nicepace nicepace is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Cape Cod, Mass.
Posts: 940
Default

In 1975 the band also performed Christine's "Get Like You Used To Be," but that wasn't a Fleetwood Mac song. It was originally recorded by Chicken Shack.
__________________
-Joanne (from Cape Cod)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


FLEETWOOD MAC - Stevie Nicks & John McVie Signed / Autographed 1977 Tour Program picture

FLEETWOOD MAC - Stevie Nicks & John McVie Signed / Autographed 1977 Tour Program

$1275.00



JOHN MCVIE HAND SIGNED 8x10 PHOTO AUTOGRAPHED FLEETWOOD MAC BASSIST RARE PSA COA picture

JOHN MCVIE HAND SIGNED 8x10 PHOTO AUTOGRAPHED FLEETWOOD MAC BASSIST RARE PSA COA

$127.49



JOHN MCVIE HAND SIGNED 8x10 PHOTO AUTOGRAPHED FLEETWOOD MAC BASSIST RARE PSA COA picture

JOHN MCVIE HAND SIGNED 8x10 PHOTO AUTOGRAPHED FLEETWOOD MAC BASSIST RARE PSA COA

$127.49



* JOHN MCVIE * signed vinyl album * RUMOURS * FLEETWOOD MAC * COA * 3 picture

* JOHN MCVIE * signed vinyl album * RUMOURS * FLEETWOOD MAC * COA * 3

$239.99



Fleetwood Mac Tour John McVie Bass Guitar Pick picture

Fleetwood Mac Tour John McVie Bass Guitar Pick

$25.00




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved