Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default DC show Sept 14 2021

Kristen was at the soundcheck and the show, was nice to see her there.

bunch of snippets from DC show, including several songs and all the intros -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-15-2021, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So they're obviously trying to reconcile? One could only assume that...
Old 09-15-2021, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

you can see a very blurry glimpse of Kristen sidestage (jeans and white shirt, black mask) taking pics of the audience during GYOW. unfortunately none of the people who were with me managed to capture it.

really nice supportive reactions from the audience when she showed up and when he was mentioning that she was here at the end.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-15-2021, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Live Review: Jovial and upbeat, @LBuckingham soaked up the appreciation of his ardent audience @DCWarnerTheatre on Sept. 14.

Live Review: Lindsey Buckingham @ Warner Theatre — 9/14/21
Posted on 09/15/2021 by Jason Nicholson "Le Mouton Flâneur" in Live Review and tagged blues, California, folk, Lindsey Buckingham, Warner Theatre.
Lindsey_Buckingham_ (1 of 14)

Lindsey Buckingham performs at the Warner Theatre on Sept. 14, 2021. (Photo by Jason Nicholson)

Lindsey Buckingham took to the stage at the historic Warner Theater in DC on yesterday, with his four-piece band covering great ground with six songs from his expansive solo career works from four different albums: Under The Skin, Seeds We Sow, Out of the Cradle, and Go Insane.

On Sept. 14, Buckingham then took the stage alone to perform solo acoustic version of several of his biggest song writing hits including his mega hit “Trouble” from his 1981 debut solo album Law and Order. The highlight of the acoustic set was his reinterpretation of one of his many songwriting hits with Fleetwood Mac, “Never Going Back Again.” He performed it with a blistering command of his nearly recovered voice and complemented with talented guitar work in a beautiful almost Waltz like tempo to rousing applause at the end.

One of the key motivations besides getting back out on the road to tour is the support of the release this week of his 7th solo album and first since Seeds We Sow in 10 years, a self-titled album simply called Lindsey Buckingham. (He released an album with fellow Fleetwood Mac bandmate Christine McVie in 2017). Lindsey shared he had most of the self-titled album ready a few years ago and was getting ready to release it and tour when he was upended with emergency open heart surgery in 2019 causing damage to his vocal cords.

Then just as he was recovering, the pandemic hit bringing a virtual stop to touring, concerts and as we all know, a mostly unwanted new normal for the entire world for over the past year and a half. He performed with passion four up-tempo songs from his new album — “Scream,” “I Don’t Mind,” “On the Wrong Side,” and “Swan Song.”

Stream the “Stream” single by Lindsey Buckingham on Spotify:

The next portion of the evening featured four of Buckingham’s mega hits he wrote when he was a member of Fleetwood Mac including: “Second Hand News,” “Tusk,” “I’m So Afraid,” and “Go Your Own Way.” The audience were happy to oblige breaking out and dancing in the aisles and screaming out with Buckingham “Tusk” and singing impassionedly to “Go Your Own Way!”

Lindsey was jovial and upbeat during the entire show — even poking fun at himself appropriately regarding Washington and its rich heritage in politics and having to sort his own personal politics (a wink at the relationship with fellow band members of Fleetwood Mac). He brought on great laughter among the audience, joking tongue in cheek when introducing his drummer that he’s played with a few great drummers in the past (a tip of the hat to Mick Fleetwood) but his current is the best. Buckingham was extremely gracious and humbled the entire evening, and as he soaked up and acknowledged the appreciation of his audience.

Buckingham closed with an Encore of two songs “Love Is Here to Stay” from his 2017 album with Christine McVie and closed out with “Time,” a cover of Pozo-Seco Singers performed on his new solo album. In introducing it, he commented how it has taken on a visceral meaning “Sunset I laugh, sunrise I cry/ At midnight I’m in between and wondering why./ Time, Oh time where did you go?/ Time oh good time, where did you go?”

Given the strength of his latest album, his trademark golden voice and gifted guitar work, we hope there are many more mornings to come for Buckingham and all of us.

Here are some photos of Lindsey Buckingham performing at the Warner Theatre on Sept. 14, 2021. All photos copyright and courtesy of Jason Nicholson.

[there are bunch of photos at the end of the article]

https://parklifedc.com/2021/09/15/li...eatre-9-14-21/

Old 09-15-2021, 01:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Great show last night! Lindsey's voice was very strong, considering his vocal chords were damaged not that long ago. His band was tight as usual, and the guitar solo on "I'm So Afraid" was worth the price of admission. As with most LB shows, I had gripes about the setlist. I'm OK with him dropping Go Insane and Holiday Road, but they are big crowd pleasers. And with a few openings in there, I hoped he would finally add "Countdown" to a tour, but I guess that's never happening. Glad he put Second Hand News back in his solo show for the first time in a decade. The new songs sounded good.

Overall, I was just glad to be seeing live music again, as this was my first post-COVID concert, since Squeeze in Jan 2020. And very glad LB looked and sounded happy and healthy!
Old 09-15-2021, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did most of the audience wear a face covering?
Old 09-15-2021, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Did most of the audience wear a face covering?
everybody did at this show, mandatory when inside in DC.

no vaccine card checks to get in.

Old 09-15-2021, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Wow. Does Lindsey make mention of seeing everyone in masks?

I love that he said Washington is one of his fav towns to play. That's due to the fanbase there
Old 09-15-2021, 04:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I saw quite a few fans in the theater not wearing their masks during the show. No one was coming around checking, and a lot of people had them off pretty much the whole time LB was playing, including the foursome right next to me.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
I saw quite a few fans in the theater not wearing their masks during the show. No one was coming around checking, and a lot of people had them off pretty much the whole time LB was playing, including the foursome right next to me.
It's mindblowing to me to have an indoor concert where the artist can't see the full face of the audience. Concerts at Madison Square Garden didn't have mask requirement. To each venue their own!
Old 09-15-2021, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
ha interesting. in the front where i could see most people had mask on the whole time. other than when drinking / eating.

the tour opener in Pabst was at, some people had masks on others didn't, but everyone was vaccinated. not a requirement at Warner's, although it's in most DC / Baltimore area venues.

considering the non-vax requirements and having people in close proximity i didn't know anything about, i prefer wearing a mask, however much it's uncomfortable, and poor LB had such hard time trying to recognize people behind masks. it's a small price in order to be able to see the live show!

Old 09-15-2021, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
It's mindblowing to me to have an indoor concert where the artist can't see the full face of the audience. Concerts at Madison Square Garden didn't have mask requirement. To each venue their own!
it depends on when is the concert and what are requirements. didn't Grohl and co have opener for MSG where they required everyone be vaxxed?