User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Wow.. he's giving Stevie the Playboy Interview treatment.

With this interview the public knows: a reunion with Lindsey is up to Stevie.

That is if the public knows who Lindsey is

If Stevie permits LB to perform with them again, they'd have to make new music with Mike and Neil if it's going to be a 6 member band.

If they're only going to play the old songs, would Lindsey and Neil trade vocals on Tusk and Oh Diane? Or does Neil sing the Welch, Kirwan, Green songs?
Neil and Mike will almost certainly NOT be involved in the "Farewell Tour" in any shape or form. Their time in Fleetwood Mac was nothing more than being temporary hired hands. I believe that all parties involved knew from the very beginning that the presence of Mike and Neil was a one tour deal.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I will give you and a few people credit, you did say this.

I hope LB rolls his solo album into a new FMac album and they tour it!!!
Just kidding, Elle.
Thank your for acknowledging that. You rock!

We've all been had. While it is true that Stevie and Lindsey don't like each other very much and the Music Cares argument really happened, I believe that much of this drama was created and fueled by a PR and management team. Mike and Neil were temporary hired hands and everyone knew it from the beginning.

Had it not been for Lindsey's major health scare AND Covid19 destroying the live music and touring market, we would already have a "Farewell Tour" with the "Rumours" lineup in the early stages with tickets going on sale soon.

There is 100% no doubt in my mind that we will see the Rumours lineup reunite. Due to their advanced aged, the farewell tour will be majorly scaled back - perhaps 40 US dates only (no world tour). Someone else mentioned they could shorten the length of the show, which is certainly a possibility.

So, get ready! I can already hear the 15 minute long speeches from Stevie about "forgiveness", "healing", "so special to me", "known him since I was 16", blah blah blah. Lindsey chimes in with a speech about "growth and perspective - big machine" blah blah blah. Hell, they can wheel John up there in a walker for 40 US dates. It's on!
Old 03-01-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Lindsey should NEVER go back. F*ck Dick Fleetwood! Douchebag!
Apparently, he hasn't been tossed around enough.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:30 PM
Ledgie

This is all so very sad but also typical. If they could rehearse and actually get to sounding good again, I think a one off show kind of like Zeppelin did would be the way to go. I don't want to watch Chris up there croaking and pretending to play when she is damn near 80 years old. Go out with some dignity. The time to do a long farewell tour has passed.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well then he's not as intelligent as I thought. Public HUMILIATION followed by going back begging, with his tail between his legs? Maybe he should get "Stevie's drone" tattooed on his forehead. Pathetic is the only word, if he does it.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Huh? Neil was literally about to go on stage when Mick called. Neil had just finished the album with Liam and Mike had just finished the Dirty Knobs album. I get being angry about Lindsey getting sacked, but I donÂ’t get the need to just make stuff up about Neil and Mike. Anyway, itÂ’s clear theyÂ’re still part of the equation going forward.
I was speaking figuratively when using the phrase "sitting around". While I'm aware that both musicians had projects in the works, we both know that Neil Finn and Mike Campbell made ****loads more money playing 88 dates of 18,000 seat arenas with Fleetwood Mac than they would have with solo work.

To clarify, yes both men are busy. Neil is scheduled to play The Round House in London later this year - it holds 1,700 people. The Dirty Knobs are serving as an opening act for Chris Stapleton in mid-sized venues.

Now, I know that Mike Campbell probably didn't need the money. I can't safely say the same for Finn. Whatever the case, Finn and Campbell's days in Fleetwood Mac are over. I would pay money down the road if I'm wrong - there is no equation that includes them moving forward with this band. I don't think it was ever a question. Finn and Campbell were called in to fill a hole and chose to make some serious money for a tour with Fleetwood Mac - then run back to their little solo projects with deeper pockets.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Mike and Neil were temporary hired hands and everyone knew it from the beginning.
Except there’s no indication that anything’s changed. If anything, Mick has gone out of his way to bring them up.

Mick said that he and Lindsey will work together again, though maybe not in the context of Fleetwood Mac, which was obvious months ago (and something I could have told you would eventually happened).

Quote:
There is 100% no doubt in my mind that we will see the Rumours lineup reunite.
100%? Please, even I very slowly scroll through the news every morning when I get up...

The last two years have been brutal for rock.

Quote:
So, get ready! I can already hear the 15 minute long speeches from Stevie about "forgiveness",
Exactly why I see Campbell and Finn staying in regardless of whether or not Lindsey comes back. I mean, if Lindsey comes back, what better reason for Stevie to sing “Heart of the Matter,” which Mike Campbell co-wrote?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-01-2021, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Well then he's not as intelligent as I thought. Public HUMILIATION followed by going back begging, with his tail between his legs? Maybe he should get "Stevie's drone" tattooed on his forehead. Pathetic is the only word, if he does it.
Two kinds of people in the world: winners, losers.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Why don't these reporters ask Mick if he's been working on new music with anyone in Fleetwood Mac?

These reporters have asked him about Lindsey in recent interviews
Old 03-01-2021, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
we both know that Neil Finn and Mike Campbell made ****loads more money playing 88 dates of 18,000 seat arenas with Fleetwood Mac than they would have with solo work.
That’s true for any of them. Even Twirly Witcherton. Your point?

Quote:
To clarify, yes both men are busy. Neil is scheduled to play The Round House in London later this year - it holds 1,700 people. The Dirty Knobs are serving as an opening act for Chris Stapleton in mid-sized venues.
Like Wrigley Field???

And the Round House is about the same size venue Lindsey plays solo.

So, again, your point?

Quote:
Whatever the case, Finn and Campbell's days in Fleetwood Mac are over.
Based on what? Until states otherwise, and Mick went out of his way to not do that, I think it’s wishful thinking on your part.

Quote:
and chose to make some serious money for a tour with Fleetwood Mac - then run back to their little solo projects with deeper pockets.
Just like Stevie.

Again, your point?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-01-2021, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
With the concert industry shut down for the foreseeable future and his bandmates spread to various spots around the planet, Mick Fleetwood truly doesn’t know what the future holds for Fleetwood Mac. But that hasn’t stopped the drummer from looking ahead and sketching out a possible farewell tour in his mind.

“I’m very aware that we’ve never played that card,” he tells Rolling Stone on the phone from his Hawaii home. “I think the vision for me, and I think it would be hugely appropriate, is that we actually say ‘this is goodbye’ and go out and actually do that. That has always been my vision and I’m a flatly confident that we can do that. We owe it to the fans.”
Where does one even begin with this horse pucky? He isn't worried about the fans, he's worried about the money. "We owe it to ourselves to go out with as much filthy lucre as possible". And, 'We've never played that card'?? You fully intended to play it for the previous tour until it derailed.

Quote:
McVie later walked back the comments, and Fleetwood says they shouldn’t be taken literally. “I think she got out of bed on the wrong side that day,” he says with a laugh. “She meant to say, ‘We’ve done so much. I don’t know whether or not we can keep going.’ Anything other than that, she can speak for herself. But I can assure you we are alive and well. And she has no regrets. She just got caught up in whatever she was saying and she also felt she had been misunderstood.”
This is such typical Mick word salad. I would bet any amount of money the bit about "she can speak for herself" came from Stevie or someone in Stevie's camp. We all know that Stevie cannot abide anyone speaking for her or controlling the narrative other than herself. That to me sounds like a Stevie smack delivered via Mick. And he seems fine delivering it because he doesn't want to lose that moola. Poor Chris, her standing really has fallen within the band; she is no longer a force to reckoned with, she's a player who needs to do as she is told. Sad.

Quote:
They initially planned on booking about eight stadium shows with other big artists the following year, but the pandemic made that impossible. Last July, Fleetwood Mac founding guitarist Peter Green died just months after Fleetwood staged a massive tribute concert in his honor at London’s Palladium.
It was a devastating blow to Fleetwood, but it also caused him to get back in touch with Buckingham after two years of bitter estrangement.
This seems to imply that the loss of the money from the stadium shows and the PG tribute concert were the reasons that he decided to reach out to LB. "Hmmm.... maybe there's an opportunity there"

Quote:
“I’ve really enjoyed being re-connected with Lindsey, which has been gracious and open,” says Fleetwood. “And both of us have been beautifully honest about who we are and how we got to where we were.”
We finally sat down and admitted it was all bulls*** and it was all about Stevie playing us off against each other. I of course went with Stevie and the money. Duh. And Lindsey knows how weak I am, and has decided to play Mr. Magnanimous and forgive me.

Quote:
The reconciliation leads to an obvious question: Might Buckingham come back into Fleetwood Mac for the farewell tour that Fleetwood is plotting out in his mind? “Strange things can happen,” says Fleetwood. “I look at Fleetwood Mac as a huge family. Everyone plays an important role in our history, even someone like [early Seventies] guitarist Bob Welch, who was huge and sometimes gets forgotten. Lindsey’s position in Fleetwood Mac will, for obvious reasons, never been forgotten, as it should never be forgotten.”
Is he equating LB's role in FM to that of Bob's role in FM? An important part of their 'history' not to be forgotten, but not really part of the present...So..what does that mean for a tour? He comes out for a guest spot, like when Billy and Rick were in the band?

Quote:
“My vision of things happening in the future is really far-reaching,” he continues. “Would I love to think that [reunion] could happen? Yeah. I’d love to think that all of us could be healed, and also respect the people who are in the band, Neil Finn and Michael Campbell.”
Ref. above comment. They're "in" the band, and LB's in the past, but not to be forgotten. So is it a Rumours5 reunion farewell he's thinking of or, again, a FM tour with LB guest solo spot on a song or two?? I would lose all respect for Linds if he does this.

Quote:
The major impediment to a reunion with Buckingham is his relationship with Stevie Nicks, which had been strained for decades and finally reached a breaking point in early 2018. No reunion tour can proceed without the two of them arriving at some sort of detente. “I can’t speak for the dynamic with Stevie and him,” says Fleetwood. “I don’t even need to protect it. It’s so known that they’re chalk and cheese in so many ways, and yet not.”
That is exactly what he's done for years now, "protect" (translation, lie about) the dynamic between S&L. But the lies failed and "it's so known" now that even he's finally given up?

Quote:
For now, Fleetwood is just happy he’s back on speaking terms with Buckingham. “I know for a fact that I intend to make music and play again with Lindsey,” he says. “I would love that. It doesn’t have to be in Fleetwood Mac.
This sounds like Mick playing on a LB solo album or show.....but then.....

Quote:
And Fleetwood Mac is such a strange story. All the players in the play are able to talk and speak for themselves. Somehow, I would love the elements that are not healed to be healed. I love the fantasy that we could cross that bridge and everyone could leave with creative, holistic energy, and everyone could be healed with grace and dignity.”
This was blown up on the last tour so what, exactly, has changed?? Maybe LB has softened but has Madame? Really?? If they're going to wait on convincing Stevie, the only bridge that is going to be crossed is one of them going over the rainbow bridge. Lindsey almost did and John's come pretty close. Mick continues to live in the delusion there's lots of time left. Chris is the only one with the balls to admit there isn't... and they've made sure to smack her down.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-01-2021 at 10:07 PM..
Old 03-01-2021, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Quote:
Dude, for $10 million? I’ve seen people do worse for a Klondike Bar.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-01-2021, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Dude, for $10 million? I’ve seen people do worse for a Klondike Bar.
Dude! Da Googlez says he's worth 160M.

So yes, REALLY. What price is your dignity, when you've got enough already?
Old 03-01-2021, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dude! Da Googlez says he's worth 160M.

So yes, REALLY. What price is your dignity, when you've got enough already?
Let’s take that down a few notches.

If you were worth $100,000, had three adult children, and had a choice between playing in front of 200 people or 4000, and whatever you made wouldn’t change your quality of life, but could really pad your kids, you seriously wouldn’t do it?

Because a two hour show for 2000 people is the same as 20,000 people.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-01-2021, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let’s take that down a few notches.

If you were worth $100,000, had three adult children, and had a choice between playing in front of 200 people or 4000, and whatever you made wouldn’t change your quality of life, but could really pad your kids, you seriously wouldn’t do it?

Because a two hour show for 2000 people is the same as 20,000 people.
So much for pride, and being publically humiliated. I'd never go back. Never.
No real man would.