User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
HELLO HELLO HELLO SAD ANGEL was pretty sad.
Hey that song made it on the 50 Years: Don't Stop that they toured behind in 2018.

The only recent Stevie song that made that cd was SYW.
Those clowns couldnt even put a new song or 2 like most others include on a new Best Of.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Hey that song made it on the 50 Years: Don't Stop that they toured behind in 2018.

The only recent Stevie song that made that cd was SYW.
Those clowns couldnt even put a new song or 2 like most others include on a new Best Of.
It was a Missed Fantasy..
Old 06-03-2021, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was a Missed Fantasy..
And who was doing lingering "up against the wall"?
Old 06-03-2021, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
(Originally Posted by jbrownsjr - Chili was right, they should have kicked her out after Mirage.)

Its interesting to think of the possibilities because after Mirage she did not give the Mac any real hits. Lindsey probably would not have left in 1987 and its interesting how the rest of their career would have played out. They clearly would not be as rich as they are today since Stevie puts butts in the seats but their legacy would have been better defined.
So, if I understood well, Lindsey wouldn't have left FM if they had kicked out Stevie? I don't think so. Of course, I'm just speculating, but my perception is based on what Mick wrote in his first book (now I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate, but I feel it's close to the truth), that he didn't want to rejoin the band for another album in 1987(he agreed just to make a $ favor to Mick) and he had left Fleetwood Mac anyway:

(before producing Tango)
Lindsey Buckingham alone was fairly reticent about Fleetwood Mac. He was enjoying his hard-won independence and deep into his own album with Richard Dashut. Eventually we worked to build enough momentum that we were able to convince Lindsey that it might go off without him. WhenLindsey said he was in, things went forward.

(when Stevie arrived to recording sessions)
On her part, Stevie was dreading that Lindsey, in his producing capacity, would be sarcastic toward her, but he made an effort not to be as much of a martinet as he was with the rest of us. He was under some strain with this project, and lost his patience occasionally, but with Stevie we wanted him to be more objective and professional. He tried to make her feel great in the studio, and they got on well. (The love-hate saga between those two will never end.)

(after finishing the record, August 7 1987)
We gathered at Christine's house, where from the start feelings ran high. No one wanted to face the humiliation of a canceled tour it was like a hideous specter from our distant past except for Lindsey, who just wanted out. The meeting was civil for about five minutes. Stevie felt devastated. She took Lindsey's rejection of us personally. "You can't do this," she said. "Why are you doing this?"

Lindsey apologised. "Look, I'm sorry. I just can't do any more. I've given twelve years of my life to this band! I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't . . . hack it . . . and do it all anymore."

Christine spoke now. "What do you mean, Lindsey, do it all?" Her tone was withering. It was her singles, after all, that got played on the radio, not Lindsey's. This was a sore spot, because in interviews Lindsey had been describing his role in the band as the grand interpreter of Chris's and Stevie's music to the world as if he felt he had carried the rest of the band. Nobody liked this, especially now. Lindsey was silent. No one knew what to say. Lindsey had given his answer.

So it seems Lindsey's mood in 1987 was to go in his own way.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
So, if I understood well, Lindsey wouldn't have left FM if they had kicked out Stevie? I don't think so. Of course, I'm just speculating, but my perception is based on what Mick wrote in his first book (now I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate, but I feel it's close to the truth), that he didn't want to rejoin the band for another album in 1987(he agreed just to make a $ favor to Mick) and he had left Fleetwood Mac anyway:

(before producing Tango)
Lindsey Buckingham alone was fairly reticent about Fleetwood Mac. He was enjoying his hard-won independence and deep into his own album with Richard Dashut. Eventually we worked to build enough momentum that we were able to convince Lindsey that it might go off without him. WhenLindsey said he was in, things went forward.

(when Stevie arrived to recording sessions)
On her part, Stevie was dreading that Lindsey, in his producing capacity, would be sarcastic toward her, but he made an effort not to be as much of a martinet as he was with the rest of us. He was under some strain with this project, and lost his patience occasionally, but with Stevie we wanted him to be more objective and professional. He tried to make her feel great in the studio, and they got on well. (The love-hate saga between those two will never end.)

(after finishing the record, August 7 1987)
We gathered at Christine's house, where from the start feelings ran high. No one wanted to face the humiliation of a canceled tour it was like a hideous specter from our distant past except for Lindsey, who just wanted out. The meeting was civil for about five minutes. Stevie felt devastated. She took Lindsey's rejection of us personally. "You can't do this," she said. "Why are you doing this?"

Lindsey apologised. "Look, I'm sorry. I just can't do any more. I've given twelve years of my life to this band! I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't . . . hack it . . . and do it all anymore."

Christine spoke now. "What do you mean, Lindsey, do it all?" Her tone was withering. It was her singles, after all, that got played on the radio, not Lindsey's. This was a sore spot, because in interviews Lindsey had been describing his role in the band as the grand interpreter of Chris's and Stevie's music to the world as if he felt he had carried the rest of the band. Nobody liked this, especially now. Lindsey was silent. No one knew what to say. Lindsey had given his answer.

So it seems Lindsey's mood in 1987 was to go in his own way.
All of this is speculation on all our parts. The drama between Stevie and Lindsey has always been tense. Stevie was completely insane during the mid 80s and everyone knew it. No way Lindsey really wanted to be around this insanity.
Which is why I said, if she was out that pressure would have been off. He would not feel the pressure to make her songs hits even though he did not want to. Good grief, his title album and song in 1984 was GO INSANE She's a lot like YOU ( a line about his girlfriend compared to Stevie).
Without out this pressure cooker, I don't see Lindsey fretting so much to tour with a band that no longer included his bitter ex. Yes Mick was an issue but Stevie was and is still the problem.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Noticed the Walter Egan comments earlier- as an artist, he captured what were some of the most spirited, inspired and completely perfect vocals Stevie has ever recorded, I only wish she let this loose on a few more recordings. Especially the first album Fundamental Roll and the pictures of the two of them- you can instantly tell our idol was in a pre-fame completely different place. If you haven't checked these albums out- do it now. They're amazing.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Noticed the Walter Egan comments earlier- as an artist, he captured what were some of the most spirited, inspired and completely perfect vocals Stevie has ever recorded, I only wish she let this loose on a few more recordings. Especially the first album Fundamental Roll and the pictures of the two of them- you can instantly tell our idol was in a pre-fame completely different place. If you haven't checked these albums out- do it now. They're amazing.
Very good point. Her voice was angelic then.

There was a Ledgie who was a huge Walter Egan fan. I credit her with introducing me to Walter Egan.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Very good point. Her voice was angelic then.

There was a Ledgie who was a huge Walter Egan fan. I credit her with introducing me to Walter Egan.
Was that Victoria O?
Old 06-04-2021, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey and Christine worked REALLY hard on Tango.

It's also well documented that it was Richard and Lindsey that really drove and coordinated the sessions and all of the long hours that went into that album.

I think it's a hard pill for people to swallow at times, but we really wouldn't have Tango if it wasn't for Lindsey, Richard, and Christine. There was nobody else remotely sober enough to keep that bus from driving over the cliff.
Old 06-04-2021, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Was that Victoria O?
I think it was! Did she go by Queen Vicky?
She was a huge Walter Egan fan. I don't think she cared for modern Stevie
Old 06-04-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Lindsey and Christine worked REALLY hard on Tango.

It's also well documented that it was Richard and Lindsey that really drove and coordinated the sessions and all of the long hours that went into that album.

I think it's a hard pill for people to swallow at times, but we really wouldn't have Tango if it wasn't for Lindsey, Richard, and Christine. There was nobody else remotely sober enough to keep that bus from driving over the cliff.
Christine talked a little bit about Tango and how they put things together back then. (During the BuckVie interviews).
Some of the co-writes were them making greats songs from separate bits each she and Buck had written/composed.

It shows the difference between Christine and Stevie. One is a hard working musician that has always put the band first and always willing to compose for band projects. The other is a narcissistic, fame hungry, pseudo diva that self serves at all costs. Even at the cost of the other members that helped build her fame and fake personality.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-04-2021 at 07:34 PM..
Old 06-04-2021, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine talked a little bit about Tango and how they put things together back then. (During the BuckVie interviews).
Some of the co-writes were them making greats songs from separate bits each she and Buck had written/composed.

It shows the difference between Christine and Stevie. One is a hard working musician that has always put the band first and always willing to compose for band projects. The other is a narcissistic, fame hungry, pseudo diva that self serves at all costs. Even at the cost of the other members that helped build her fame and fake personality.
AND the "other" has had how many people actively want to work with her, hand her material or create material specifically for her? All these years later they still fail to recognize how many people helped them along the way. Walter Egan gets to sit in the backstage hospitality room next to the kiss 98.5 guy. Mike Campbell said it himself, he sent her a cassette of tracks after the 2018 tour wrapped up and he got radio silence.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-04-2021 at 07:33 PM..
Old 06-04-2021, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
AND the "other" has had how many people actively want to work with her, hand her material or create material specifically for her? All these years later they still fail to recognize how many people helped them along the way. Walter Egan gets to sit in the backstage hospitality room next to the kiss 98.5 guy.
A Star is Born
Old 06-04-2021, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Noticed the Walter Egan comments earlier- Especially the first album Fundamental Roll and the pictures of the two of them- you can instantly tell our idol was in a pre-fame completely different place.
Stevie was already a HUGE star when Magnet & Steel was released in the summer of 1978. The flip side of the single was Tunnel O' Love. Two great songs. Those songs along with Whenever I Call You Friend, Gold & Midnight Wind all came out after the huge success of Rumours and tied me over quite comfortably until Tusk was released in late 1979.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Stevie was already a HUGE star when Magnet & Steel was released in the summer of 1978. The flip side of the single was Tunnel O' Love. Two great songs. Those songs along with Whenever I Call You Friend, Gold & Midnight Wind all came out after the huge success of Rumours and tied me over quite comfortably until Tusk was released in late 1979.
She was definitely the "it" girl then