The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-27-2021, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not to be a total cynic but maybe it came down to a financial agreement-- give me more money for my horses and whatever and I'll withdraw the divorce petition. One never knows..... Her pinging LB and hashtagging 'children are the future' ... who knows
Old 09-15-2021, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey Buckingham says he and wife are 'working' on their marriage 3 months after divorce filing
"Relationships in the long term can be challenging, and they have their ups and downs. You've got to take that ride and be willing to take it."

By Tomás Mier September 15, 2021 at 12:02 PM EDT

lindsey and kristen buckingham

Lindsey Buckingham and his wife, Kristen Messner, are 'working' on their marriage. | CREDIT: CHRISTOPHER POLK/ACA2012/GETTY
It's been a tumultuous three years for rock hero Lindsey Buckingham.

After his firing from Fleetwood Mac in 2018 and an intense recovery from open-heart surgery the following year, the singer relied on his wife, Kristen Messner, and their three children for support during the shaky time. However, fans of the Mac guitarist were shocked to hear that Messner had filed for divorce from the rocker in June.

Opening up to PEOPLE in this week's issue about his solo music and his future, Buckingham, 71, reveals how the pandemic affected his marriage and why he and Messner, 51, whom he married in 2000, are hoping to mend their relationship and are putting their divorce on hold.

"Relationships in the long term can be challenging, and they have their ups and downs. You've got to take that ride and be willing to take it," Buckingham, who releases his self-titled album on Friday, tells PEOPLE. "I think a lot of relationships were somewhat tested by the lockdown."

In June, interior designer Messner — who shares children William, 2l; LeeLee, 21; and Stella, 17, with the rocker — filed for divorce after 21 years of marriage. Buckingham, however, says the couple have decided to put their divorce filing on pause and work on their relationship.

RELATED: Lindsey Buckingham Says He Doesn't Have 'Any Control Over' Joining Potential Fleetwood Mac Reunion

"Over the last year Kristen felt she needed some time to herself, and I have been completely supportive of that," Buckingham explains. "Before this all went down, I was not aware that many people file for divorce and then choose not to follow through."

"Kristen and I agree that is the best course to follow, focusing instead on working on our relationship," he adds.

As he continues his tour promoting the new record, the guitarist tells PEOPLE that despite writing and recording the album's tracks more than two years ago, the songs — such as "Swan Song," "I Don't Mind," and "Blind Love" — have taken on new meaning for him given the state of his marriage.

"Love with someone is initially built on a set of illusions and probably continues to exist with those illusions to some degree," he says. "I think part of having a long-term relationship is accepting that you're never going to really know everything about another person and that you've got to concentrate on the things that bring you together and that define you as a single entity and try to let go of some of the other things."

"We came out the other end with some stuff to sort out," he adds. "I think that did make the material speak a little louder and more specifically."

Speaking about "I Don't Mind," which features Buckingham's iconic finger-picking sounds and catchy chorus, the rocker says the track is "an analysis of a long-term relationship" and how it can be "joyful, challenging, and sometimes painful all at the same time."

"It's perhaps celebratory of the fact that joy and sorrow must coexist very close to each other," he adds. "And that acceptance of that larger sense of relationship is what can keep it going."

Despite his status as a rockstar, Buckingham maintains that as soon as he enters the doors to his home, the "capital letter Lindsey Buckingham" disappears — especially when he's around his kids.

RELATED: Mick Fleetwood Has Reconciled with Lindsey Buckingham and 'Really Enjoyed Being Reconnected'

"They are proud of me and think Dad is pretty cool or whatever, but I don't try to live that," he says. "I can be up on stage doing what I'm doing, but at home, I'm just another schlubby dad like everybody else."

"I've just tried to be a dad who's been supportive and interested in what they're doing. They're all pretty normal kids," he adds of his children. His eyes light up as he speaks of his kids: William just finished an internship with the Wasserman agency and is "quite musically inclined," as he loves to DJ; LeeLee is studying business at the University of Southern California; and his youngest, Stella, loves riding horses and could become an Olympian one day.

"They all seem to be on their own path, and that's the main thing," he says.

For more on Lindsey Buckingham, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands everywhere Friday.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-15-2021, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"I'm just another schlubby dad" are NOT words I ever imagined hearing out of Lindsey's mouth. LOL
Old 09-16-2021, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

now this is the type of photo that should have been used for promos, not that horrible retouched photoshoot that should have been trashed immediately -

Lindsey Buckingham, Kristen Messner Trying To Fix Marriage After Filing For Divorce
Post category:Australia News
Post published:September 16, 2021

Singer Lindsey Buckingham and his spouse Kristen Messner try to repair their marriage because the musician revealed the couple remains to be “working on” the wedding after submitting for divorce.

Buckingham, 71, famous that relationships will be difficult in the long run, noting that the COVID-19 pandemic took a toll on their marriage.

“Relationships in the long term can be challenging, and they have their ups and downs. You’ve got to take that ride and be willing to take it,” Buckingham advised People Wednesday. “I think a lot of relationships were somewhat tested by the lockdown.”

The singer went on to elucidate that his spouse wanted “some time to herself” and he has been “completely supportive” of her resolution.

“Before this all went down, I was not aware that many people file for divorce and then choose not to follow through,” he explained. “Kristen and I agree that is the best course to follow, focusing instead on working on our relationship.”

The “Law and Order” star additionally admitted that the relationships are constructed on “a set of illusions” and people illusions live on in a relationship to a point.

“I think part of having a long-term relationship is accepting that you’re never going to really know everything about another person and that you’ve got to concentrate on the things that bring you together and that define you as a single entity and try to let go of some of the other things,” he defined.

He additional explicated his philosophy of sustaining a wholesome relationship.

“It’s perhaps celebratory of the fact that joy and sorrow must coexist very close to each other. And that acceptance of that larger sense of relationship is what can keep it going,” he advised the journal.

Buckingham has three youngsters with Messner — Leelee, 21, Stella, 17, and William Gregory, 22. While the couple already had their first little one in 1998, they reportedly bought married in 2000.

Buckingham’s spouse filed for divorce in June 2021.

On the work entrance, the singer might be subsequent seen in a documentary titled, “Fleetwood Mac: Rumours,” which is at present beneath post-production. The documentary is helmed by director Michael Collins.

gettyimages-1048704084-2048x2048

Photo: Getty Images

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-17-2021, 03:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

'On the work entrance, the singer might be subsequent seen in a documentary titled, “Fleetwood Mac: Rumours,” which is at present beneath post-production. The documentary is helmed by director Michael Collins.'

What on earth is this? Michael Collins made the Rosebud film, plus the Classic Albums Rumours doc... Does the world need another Rumours documentary?
Old 09-17-2021, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It is an excellent photo.

As for that article... Probably written by AI.