Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Christine's vocals on Tusk LP

I have been listening to Christine's Tusk songs this past week. A lot. I can't get enough of them lately. It's not the songs on paper that keep me coming back, though the songs are fine, well-crafted and occasionally very inventive. It's her voice--that "pure, dusky alto" one Tusk reviewer noted that makes me want to hear these again and again. Her voice sounds delicious on these songs.

I was also listening to the early-version of Never Forget (pre-vocal and guitar dubs) and think it almost sounds better with just her singing it alone. I normally love all three vocalists singing together (ie: Love in Store is a great tune because of the harmonies). But here--with the exception of the "ooh-oohs" when Christine sings "What a wonderful night to be..."--I like the song stripped back. Stevie's low harmony on "We will never forget to night /It'll be alright" sounds a tad odd on this tune.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't agree with you more. Christine's contributions to Tusk are just amazing. I miss hearing her sing a lot

Kevin
Old 06-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

Christine's vocals are BEAUTIFUL on Tusk, but I think that's mostly because the production on Tusk is less glossy and refined than on Rumours - it's a little more BARE if you know what I mean, and that reveals the simple fact that Christine is, at least in a technical sense, the best vocalist in the band. Lindsey is a typical, good guy singer, but nothing remarkable. Stevie's my personal favorite, but she's also more of a PERFORMER if you know what I mean. Christine's pipes are immaculate, and without the smoothing effect of a high-polish production, the way that she out-races Stevie and Lindsey becomes even MORE apparent.

That's my theory, anyway. Listen to the way she adds that fill on Beautiful Child: "I fell into loooove". OOOOH. SHIVERS!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe that heady new love (just crazy love) fills Christine's brain with a neurotransmitter mood bath, which pushes her voice upward into beauty. It happened on Tusk, when she was soaring with Dennis Wilson ("It's never been so gratifying," Christine told People magazine in 1979), and again on Tango in the Night, when she was newly attached to the Portuguese musician Quintela.

Her singing on both those albums is a lot less butch and bluesy—a lot more ethereal—than on Bare Trees, Mystery to Me, Heroes Are Hard to Find, Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Mirage, and Behind the Mask.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I believe that heady new love (just crazy love) fills Christine's brain with a neurotransmitter mood bath, which pushes her voice upward into beauty.
I'll volunteer to be her new boyfriend then,
if that's what it takes to get one more FM
album out of her.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I'll volunteer to be her new boyfriend then,
if that's what it takes to get one more FM
album out of her.

I'd like to be reborn as a male in the 50s only to marry her and make her happy with sweetness, respect and tranquility. I know she is the woman of my dreams, and I'm not kidding when I say so. Not only because she's beautiful, the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen in my life, but because she has a wonderful soul. We have a lot in common in the way we think about love. It seems that I have a weakness for Cancer women (my ex gf, for example), their behavior always fascinates me. A lot of men made Chris suffer, and I can't stand it. Chris is a smart, likeable, sweet, tidy and honest woman. She deserved someone as much normal as her. She had to cry so much for all the men who used, mistreat and lied to her, that sometimes I wonder what she found so interesting in them. I really don't know if another woman like her exists in this shattered world. She helped me so much, with her music and her beautiful soul, to overcome the indescribable pain I was feeling these last months for being left by my ex girlfriend. I'll be forever grateful to her. I'll love her forever.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
She helped me so much, with her music and her beautiful soul, to overcome the indescribable pain I was feeling these last months for being left by my ex girlfriend. I'll be forever grateful to her. I'll love her forever.
It is so good to hear that Christine's music has been so much help to someone. I hope things continue to improve for you!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
A lot of men made Chris suffer, and I can't stand it. Chris is a smart, likeable, sweet, tidy and honest woman. She deserved someone as much normal as her. She had to cry so much for all the men who used, mistreat and lied to her, that sometimes I wonder what she found so interesting in them.
But MANY people are attracted to assholes. It's a fact. Many women(that I know, anyway) have told me, that dating a really nice guy isn't nearly the turn on, that it is, dating a cocky ass.