Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2002, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Who has a spare $620?

I'd pay you back in monthly installments!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=930669833
Old 12-18-2002, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed he changed the lyrics of his own song......!

In the first verse in the Rumours album lyrics booklet, it says "Maybe I'd give you my world", and then "Baby I'd give you my world" for the 2nd verse, but if you look closely at the lyrics he's written on that sheet, he's written "Baby I'd give you my world" in both verses 1 and 2.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, clearly confirms that I am officially a lunatic.

Last edited by seteca; 12-19-2002 at 09:18 AM..
Old 12-18-2002, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Okay, it's official now...

Off to the looney bin with you, seteca...

That is really cool! If I was a millionaire, I'd buy it.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would buy it, if I had the money and lived in America.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:10 AM

No offense, but this hardly seems worth the money. So he sat down and wrote the lyrics to a 25-year-old song. Big deal. And he even made a mistake.

Now, if this were the original lyric sheet, I could see the value.

Why didn't he just donate one of his guitars? Then at least Seteca could have been in there bidding his head off!
Old 12-19-2002, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, just having some fun, CV. Not meant to be taken literally.

I would imagine he was approached to do this lyrics thing. It doesn't strike me as the kind of thing that would have immediately lept to his mind to donate to a charity auction. However, his handwritten lyric, mistake and all, is going for higher than most of the other things in the auction just now, so it appears not to have been a too shabby choice!
Old 12-19-2002, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Who has a spare $620?

Quote:
Originally posted by Les
I'd pay you back in monthly installments!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=930669833
Lindsey has such pretty handwriting. He signs his name on this just the way he did for the CD FM box set booklet. That signature has a nice sweep to it, an anomalistic flourish that is unusual in rock & roll. That indicates that he is concerned -- if not preoccupied -- with the face he presents to the world.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:36 PM
joe

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
I noticed he changed the lyrics of his own song......!

In the first verse in the Rumours album lyrics booklet, it says "Maybe I'd give you my world", and then "Baby I'd give you my world" for the 2nd verse, but if you look closely at the lyrics he's written on that sheet, he's written "Baby I'd give you my world" in both verses 1 and 2.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, clearly confirms that I am officially a lunatic.

Maybe the Rumours booklet is wrong?! Sometimes the singer sings the song a bit different than what the lyrics read.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
Maybe the Rumours booklet is wrong?! Sometimes the singer sings the song a bit different than what the lyrics read.
I don't think the Rumours booklet is "wrong" because I'm pretty sure that he says "maybe" on the Rumours album version, but he does change it in almost all live performances to "baby", so yes, you could say that the song has evolved over the years into the lyrics that he's written. However then I would have perhaps expected him to write "GYOW 2002" or something like that on it.....reason being that it's meant to be an "official set of lyrics signed by the man himself" going for potentially 1000s of dollars so shouldn't it be done in as "official" a way as possible?

Obviously if I was just sitting with him in the studio (here's dreaming) and said "hey can you write out the lyrics of GYOW for me" and he made the same "mistake" I wouldn't shout out "NO!! YOU MADE A MISTAKE!!! HAHAAHAH!!!".......

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Why didn't he just donate one of his guitars? Then at least Seteca could have been in there bidding his head off!
lol! Ahhhh....there's VERY little I wouldn't give for that Chet Atkins he used for The Dance.....!!

Even one which wasn't owned by him would be a dream come true...! A shop in the U.S. quoted me a price of 1600 DOLLARS for a Chet Atkins CE in Antique Natural finish.....then I ask for a quote from a shop here in England and the guy gives me a price of 2400 POUNDS....?!?!?!?.....SOOOOO unfair!!!!!!!