Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2020, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And the guy passed along your comment!
lol my comments were definitely not passed along - i kept requesting Rock Away Blind, and i also had to put Walk A Thin Line in there, just once for good measure.

should have copied all the chat comments before it ended, would be fun to read through.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-08-2020, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Aug. 7, 2020

1. Trouble
2. Never Going Back Again
3. Shut Us Down
4. Big Love

He mentions his new album is coming out in the spring and will just be called Lindsey Buckingham.

Last edited by cbBen; 08-08-2020 at 06:24 AM..
Old 08-08-2020, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

omg...

...that's a terrible rug/chair pattern combo.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
omg...

...that's a terrible rug/chair pattern combo.
lol i know! that chair so ruins the view. that yellow couch in the old studio was way better.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-08-2020, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Aug. 7, 2020

1. Trouble
2. Never Going Back Again
3. Shut Us Down
4. Big Love

He mentions his new album is coming out in the spring and will just be called Lindsey Buckingham.
yup, he said that in a very resolute manner, - "it's just called Lindsey Buckingham" - so the title is definitely set. maybe we should make a new thread since we have a Blue Light thread speculation already, and now Blue Light turned into Lindsey Buckingham.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol my comments were definitely not passed along - i kept requesting Rock Away Blind, and i also had to put Walk A Thin Line in there, just once for good measure.

should have copied all the chat comments before it ended, would be fun to read through.
Quote:
lol i know! that chair so ruins the view. that yellow couch in the old studio was way better.
Quote:
just to make sure people understand since you replied to me - but yeah Emma was amazing today with everything including recording this and also Lindsey answered her chat question first. #karma

btw i think i saw in chat some name which sounded like you?

it was so fun seeing all the fans get in and chatting away how amazing LB is and how happy this made us.

and, it was so good to see a tiny snippet of Stan!

it felt so weird seeing and listening to Lindsey - like you said, like nothing has changed, like 2 completely crazy years haven't gone by. a great feeling, maybe even more since this was so unexpected.

of course i screamed unhappily when the first song he did was Trouble, you can just imagine lol. i had to stop myself from writing something untoward in chat. but i was so pleasantly surprised that it was actually the whole interview too, that the guy was a fan, and that Lindsey segment was lasting over 50 minutes! i fully expected just 2 songs, prerecorded and played at the end of a long interview about IT and private clouds. so this was a completely unexpected treat!

nope, i wasn't on that webcast at all.

I thought that was your video, so when the person was typing in and submitting their comment that LB should do more of these live online things on his own site I just assumed it was you. The host did mention to him at the end though, so maybe someone will on his team will encourage him to do it.

It looks like they may be in their new house by now..?
Old 08-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
nope, i wasn't on that webcast at all.

I thought that was your video, so when the person was typing in and submitting their comment that LB should do more of these live online things on his own site I just assumed it was you. The host did mention to him at the end though, so maybe someone will on his team will encourage him to do it.

It looks like they may be in their new house by now..?
ah, ok. no, not me. a very very nice LB fan from our Real Savage Like LB fan group who was willing to share their work address to register and also had work / non-free zoom so could record.

yes, i'm hoping that even if LB didn't pick up on it, someone on his team will, that he doesn't necessarily need to be approached by a corporation to do these kinds of virtual events.

yeah, i'd definitely say that's in the new house now, because he said he's in his home studio.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, I was finally able to watch the interview/small concert tonight. It's fantastic to see him so well, to hear him talk and sing like the last time we saw him.
It's also great to see him talking about his priorities: family and friends. That's what "the split" (as he so politely called it) and his heart attack taught him. His family and friends are a gift.

Nice to see so much love for OOTC. Best album he owns. That guy knows his music
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
love that he's still the same yakkety Lindsey holding a guitar, wearing a v-neck tee shirt, in his home studio His hair does seem a bit darker. (lighting? hair color for men??)
Yep, I saw that too. That's ok. Whatever makes him happy. Hopefully we will see more online appearances from him now. This appearance definitely made by day.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I really enjoyed this. So glad to see Lindsey sing and play again. I had to laugh when he said his calluses fell off. When I shook his hand at the meet and greet, that's all I felt were thin fingers with extreme calluses from all his finger playing.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I really enjoyed this. So glad to see Lindsey sing and play again. I had to laugh when he said his calluses fell off. When I shook his hand at the meet and greet, that's all I felt were thin fingers with extreme calluses from all his finger playing.
yeah as a guitar player you want those callouses. I think Lindsey looks and sounds better then he has in a while. I like him dying his hair. Why not?
Old 08-11-2020, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
yeah as a guitar player you want those callouses. I think Lindsey looks and sounds better then he has in a while. I like him dying his hair. Why not?
I think he went too dark, though. At his age, it would be better if he went with some ashy brown or something. That looks BLACK, which screams, HEY, I COLOR MY HAIR!!!

But in his defense(not the color's), if it makes you feel better and younger, go for it!
Old 08-11-2020, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think he went too dark, though. At his age, it would be better if he went with some ashy brown or something. That looks BLACK, which screams, HEY, I COLOR MY HAIR!!!

But in his defense(not the color's), if it makes you feel better and younger, go for it!
It is too dark though, and darker hair gives a harsh appearance.
It can make you look older,.

I love the name for his new Album...
It sort of says.....hey, Lindsey Buckingham still makes new music.
(Even if you’re not capable).....
Old 08-12-2020, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

sooooo....how much do we think he was paid for this appearance?

This may ignite the ire of some, but he surely did not do this out of the goodness of his heart. This was most definitely a 'corporate gig' not different from the corporate concerts FM has done or that Stevie did/does. Clearly in this age of Covid-19 when companies can't get performers to come in person to perform or to come and sit in a chair with an interviewer on a big corporate stage, they can try and get them online. But for a fee.

For some corporate performance gigs people get $1 million or more. I wouldn't be surprised if FM could charge that to play half a dozen songs. No idea what Stevie gets solo, or what LB would get for this....
Old 08-13-2020, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He really sounds and looks good. Happy and Healthy. That's the important thing. I think he has put FM behind him (as he should) and focus on important things like family and health and his solo work.

God when he does "Shut us down" I just lose it. I absolutely love that song.

I have changed, but you remain ageless