The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

An aside but I bought the Then Play On re-issue itself. It's exactly the same as the box set but the booklet is nice and I'm a completionist and had to have it.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I received my box set and what an awesome weekend going through these recordings and hearing many sounds for the first time. My standouts were that rocking version of Homeward Bound on the Bare Trees bonus tracks, Purple Dancer, and Dragonfly on Kiln House and my god, Good Things Come to Those Who Wait, make the crown jewel of the already stellar Mystery to Me. Sounds like it was recorded in 2020 it's so fresh and invigorating. I also liked Stone on Future Games and the sounds of Kirwan's guitar are nothing short of genius . Made me haul out the CD player for the first time in a long time, and what a great journey through time.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I received my box set and what an awesome weekend going through these recordings and hearing many sounds for the first time. My standouts were that rocking version of Homeward Bound on the Bare Trees bonus tracks, Purple Dancer, and Dragonfly on Kiln House and my god, Good Things Come to Those Who Wait, make the crown jewel of the already stellar Mystery to Me. Sounds like it was recorded in 2020 it's so fresh and invigorating. I also liked Stone on Future Games and the sounds of Kirwan's guitar are nothing short of genius . Made me haul out the CD player for the first time in a long time, and what a great journey through time.
Good Things Come to Those Who Wait really is very good. Should have been included over For Your Love. I love Christine's backing vocal moans/warbles.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-30-2020, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Good Things Come to Those Who Wait really is very good. Should have been included over For Your Love. I love Christine's backing vocal moans/warbles.
I love those backing vocals too. The sound just sounds so fresh and completely different from anything Fleetwood Mac ever did before or since to me.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I love those backing vocals too. The sound just sounds so fresh and completely different from anything Fleetwood Mac ever did before or since to me.
She does them again on the THREE HEARTS reboot. They sound great there, too, though this time without the echo effect.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:04 AM

Wow, I love the ALT versions on Future Games! They seem more authentic.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Wow, I love the ALT versions on Future Games! They seem more authentic.
Especially “Lay It All Down”
Old 10-10-2020, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m loving these remastered masterpieces.Hypnotized just came up on a rotation....what a classic song. It was always in my Fleetwood Mac “Top 10” but it probably has moved up a notch after this release.😎
Old 10-14-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Especially “Lay It All Down”
Yes!!! and more keyboards!!! I can hear them so clearly.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had hoped that Spotify would have these albums for us subscribers. Should I buy these CDs instead? Are there good photos or liner notes or extras?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-21-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I had hoped that Spotify would have these albums for us subscribers. Should I buy these CDs instead? Are there good photos or liner notes or extras?
I had the same thinking. Tony yelled at me for delaying, so I ordered them quickly.

The packaging seems to be exactly the same as the albums. In other words, when I bought the Reprise albums way back when, there were not lyrics printed in Heroes, or Future Games, etc. The new Live CD has a very cool photo on the cover. I was hoping for a general booklet of some kind: Nope.

I'm still very happy with it. I hope you buy it and write a review here. I loved the ALT versions on Future Games.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had the same thinking. Tony yelled at me for delaying, so I ordered them quickly.

The packaging seems to be exactly the same as the albums. In other words, when I bought the Reprise albums way back when, there were not lyrics printed in Heroes, or Future Games, etc. The new Live CD has a very cool photo on the cover. I was hoping for a general booklet of some kind: Nope.

I'm still very happy with it. I hope you buy it and write a review here. I loved the ALT versions on Future Games.
I just got it a few weeks ago. The sound mastering and bonus tracks are amazing but I had hoped for a book with pics and notes. The art on the original albums was low budget so the replication for the reissue is nothing special but at least it is not as cheap as some I've seen. I like the paper sleeves over the plastic cases so that's a nice addition.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I did yell at you. I was Lou Grant to your Mary Richards. When you did buy it, I downed half a bottle of scotch.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I did yell at you. I was Lou Grant to your Mary Richards. When you did buy it, I downed half a bottle of scotch.
I'll admit that imma cheap bastard. Some import CD website has been promising it to me for $31, the minute they have it in stock. So I've been holding off...

I waited a month for the Mirage boxed set, and got it got half.

Scotch sucks, btw.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'll admit that imma cheap bastard. Some import CD website has been promising it to me for $31, the minute they have it in stock. So I've been holding off...

I waited a month for the Mirage boxed set, and got it got half.

Scotch sucks, btw.
I would never dream of shouting at you. I only yell at John. That’s because he loves it.