User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-05-2018, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
And with Stevie being the bigger draw for a paying audience, money won. AND, with Mike Campbell and Neil Finn waiting in the wings Lindsey became a disposable commodity.
While I am convinced that Mike was a contributor of the pre planned remove LB from FM conspiracy, I genuinely don't believe Neil was involved at all. He wasn't employed until two months later and he wasn't the first additional singer/guitarist they asked at all. He was just the gullible and foolish one that said yes in March/April.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
So, you think that because of whatever Lindsey said or did he was fired? After 43 years of endless and repetitive fights?

Christine chose Mick's side, not Lindsey's.
It seems possible to me.
Christine not choosing Lindseys side is kinda validating that idea.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I honestly don't think he or anyone did anything that was different or a stand out. I've never thought any of this was about some particular thing that happened that made it so that they can't go anymore. While I'll admit I don't know what the details were I really believe it was a matter of more than one thing all together with the ongoing tension between them over a new album (him wanting it and her not) and then his solo side tour plans which undoubtably pissed her off because she's always liked to say that she never lets her solo career interfere with FM (which is crap but she says it) being the main at fault. Stevie just didn't want to deal with it so she pulled a power move and the promoters obviously went with her so that was that basically.
This was a power move indeed more than a “Lindsey said or did something so awful than all 4 of them fired him”.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
It seems possible to me.
Christine not choosing Lindseys side is kinda validating that idea.
Well, according to her she didn’t choose anything. She found out when she returned from UK. And she said Lindsey was ready for rehearsals in that CBS interview with Anthony Mason.
If according to RD she has a heavy heart, she’s not ok with whatever happened. So, yeah, not everybody is on Stevie and Mick’s side.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-05-2018, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
While I am convinced that Mike was a contributor of the pre planned remove LB from FM conspiracy, I genuinely don't believe Neil was involved at all. He wasn't employed until two months later and he wasn't the first additional singer/guitarist they asked at all. He was just the gullible and foolish one that said yes in March/April.
True, but I believe that Mick had established a working relationship with Neil a few years ago. Just saying that he had to cross, at least Mick's mind, in part, as a male singer/songwriter that could possibly take Lindsey's place.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
True, but I believe that Mick had established a working relationship with Neil a few years ago. Just saying that he had to cross, at least Mick's mind, in part, as a male singer/songwriter that could possibly take Lindsey's place.
There was definitely something extraordinarily calculated about this entire fiasco.
I really don't hold Mike or Neil accountable--they took a gig, and by all accounts, while they may respect Lindsey as an artist and musician, doesn't seem they are friends. However, Chris, Mick, Stevie and john---can't say the same.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, according to her she didn’t choose anything. She found out when she returned from UK. And she said Lindsey was ready for rehearsals in that CBS interview with Anthony Mason.
If according to RD she has a heavy heart, she’s not ok with whatever happened. So, yeah, not everybody is on Stevie and Mick’s side.
maybe she has a heavy heart
because she is disgusted by her behavior
Old 08-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
maybe she has a heavy heart
because she is disgusted by her behavior
Whatever went down, the end result doesn't help the character or credibility of any of them. They may not care about that, however I do think they would care about the legacy (their own and the bands) if in fact this is the farewell tour. Truly sad state of affairs all the way around.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Interviewer: Right. And prior to that, you thought the tour was going to be with Lindsey?

Mick: Well, we didn't...

Christine: Yes.

Mick: ...know we had a tour. That was, is, part of the problem in terms of where it became a total impasse. ...
I know we're not supposed to post in The Record thread (which I think is a terrific and worthwhile idea, kudos!), but given that we're talking about Christine here, I thought I'd pull this over from there. The above is from the Rolling Stone travesty of an interview from April, and I think it's my favorite part, if there can be such a thing from that mess.

I agree with most of you that Christine bears some responsibility for not speaking up, if she felt like Lindsey's firing was unjust. I think the argument that she was "newly returned" to the band and therefore had less of a say than she would have had she never left is a bleak thought, but who knows? Maybe that is how she felt.

Regardless, I love that she is one of the only members of this band that can give a direct answer to a question. "Were you supposed to be touring with Lindsey?" "Yes." Thank you, moving on.