The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 10 Most Entertaining Music Feuds Of 2014 (TR/JH/DG/LB vs grammys at #3)

http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/2014/12/04/...feuds-of-2014/

10 Of The Most Entertaining Music Feuds Of 2014
December 4, 2014 1:18 PM

Throughout history there have been plenty of famous feuds: Montagues and Capulets, Hatfields and McCoys, and Bob Costas and pink eye. As we begin to look back over 2014, here are ten highly entertaining music feuds that graced the news this year:

10. Jack White and the Black Keys – This year, Jack White released a critically-acclaimed album and a string of accusations, rants and backhanded insults toward other musicians. The most prominent of which has been with Dan Auerbach and Pat Carney of the Black Keys. Earlier in 2014, White expressed his agitation with The Black Keys in a leaked private email, claiming they rode his coattails by imitating the style of the White Stripes and he was tired of people lumping them together. Carney responded in an interview with Rolling Stone, calling White a pretty explicit name. He believes the real demon here is TMZ, who released the email to the public, see why.

9. Jack White and the Foo Fighters – While playing Fenway Park this fall, White made a quip about how he doesn’t use a backup guitar to cover his mistakes like the Foo Fighters do. Foo Fighters responded on Twitter with a picture of a chimp holding a guitar saying, “Busted… behold, the secret of the Foo Fighters sound.”

8. Jack White and everyone else – After a few more comments about Rolling Stone’s choice to write about the likes of Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift, he admitted he was told to stop because it was becoming a “Kanye West-esque rant,” which Kanye probably took as a compliment.

7. Sun Kil Moon’s Mark Kozelek and The War on Drugs – Back in September, the War on Drugs and Sun Kil Moon played simultaneous sets at the Hopscotch Music Festival in Raleigh. The War on Drugs was allegedly louder and this upset Sun Kil Moon’s Mark Kozelek. After noticing the noise, Kozelek introduced a song at the festival as… Well something we can’t print. A few days he later released a real song, also with an explicit title. The War on Drugs’ leader Adam Granduciel called out Kozelek afterwards leading Kozelek to release the song “Adam Granduciel’s Blues.” So this is just another example of two grown men solving their problems like adults.

6. David Crosby and Neil Young – As if their group’s name wasn’t long enough, they will now be known as Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young and “a purely poisonous predator.” While not entirely true, that string of random words pretty much sums up the latest issue between them. David Crosby insulted Neil Young’s girlfriend, Daryl Hannah, in a recent interview, and Young responded by referring to Crosby as “What’s-his-name” when speaking to Howard Stern. The sharp comment about Hannah being “poisonous” was apparently the final straw, prompting Young to say he wishes Crosby well, but it’s unresolved fights like this that forever prevent a CSNY reunion. Crosby stood by his name-calling and claimed to have no regrets.

5. Billy Corgan and Anderson Cooper – A few months ago, CNN’s Anderson Cooper had a mini-rant on his show about the Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan. Cooper dissed Corgan for a recent cover shoot for Paws Magazine featuring the singer and his Siamese cats. Corgan took note, and responded by adding shirts showing bow-tie clad cats and a phrase slamming Cooper to the Smashing Pumpkins merch table. Is this a weird fight? Yes. Do I want one of those shirts? Definitely.

4. Lana Del Rey and Francis Bean Cobain – The Queen of Eternal Sadness Lana Del Rey released her latest album Ultraviolence back in June and said some pretty upsetting things about death while trying to promote the project. In an interview with The Guardian, Del Rey claimed “I wish I was dead already,” and went on to explain the glamour in early death. Francis Bean Cobain, daughter of Nirvana’s late frontman Kurt Cobain, jumped in to put things into perspective. “I’ll never know my father because he died young,” Cobain tweeted in a series directed toward Del Rey, and continued to explain that “the death of young musicians ins’t something to romanticize.”

3. Trent Reznor and the Grammy Awards – At the conclusion of this year’s Grammy Awards, Trent Reznor, Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and Lindsey Buckingham closed the show, but fans at home only caught a glimpse. The broadcast cut the performance short at the end of the show, officially pushing Reznor off the edge by being upstaged by a Delta Airlines ad. His first of many comments on the alleged atrocity was a poetic tweet immediately after the show. Later he said the Grammys turned out to be an “utter waste of time” and the act of being cut short was insulting. Reznor claimed to have never been a fan of the awards and will never support the organization again.

2. Arcade Fire and Deadmau5 – All was not peaceful at the first weekend of Coachella 2014 when Arcade Fire’s Win Butler started a small battle over semantics with electronic artist Deadmau5. Butler accused anyone who produced music with a computer as not being a real musician, sparking the age-old debate over what qualifies as “music.” “Shout-out to all the bands still playing actual instruments at this festival,” Butler said on stage. Deadmau5 responded with a colorful string of tweets, explaining that some artists use classic instruments and some use computer programs. Check them out here. #Ouch.

1. U2 and Everyone with an iPod – This fall, U2 literally gave their new album Songs of Innocence to anyone who would listen to it via the iTunes store. Both Apple CEO Tim Cook and the band were extremely excited, but the release was met with disdain and confusion. On paper it was a success with 81 million listeners in the first month. Bono called the album “a gift” from Apple to their users, but most users wished it came with a receipt.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes! ❤️❤️ I can't believe this was almost a year ago.
Just a dream, just a dream.