User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

I also have to wonder and I hate this thought, I wonder if Christine's return as much as they love her, maybe it was the total shake up that they were just not looking for at this time. Oh crap, the pressure is on now. It's like they've spent the past 5 years in a certain rut and now Christine is rested and ready to roll, I don't think they were ready for that yet
They certainly didn't have to immediately book a tour. A more reasonable and measured plan would have been to work on a new album, then tour next year.
It wouldn't have clashed with Stevie's plan, and it would have given Christine more time to ease herself back into the band and the public eye. But she seems to be adjusting to her radical change in lifestyle just fine. She appears invigorated by reconnecting with the music and all the social activity that comes with it.

She expressed not looking forward to all the packing and unpacking on tour. I'd happily be her official packer/unpacker. Hire me, Christine! I'll make your life on the road all the more easier.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John looks like the grumpy cat.

Stevie and Lindsey, it's called COLOR. Try it sometime. What about a smile for a change too!

Sometimes I just want to say, if it's such a chore to be in this band and if it's so bad, just shut up and call it a day.

I also have to wonder and I hate this thought, I wonder if Christine's return as much as they love her, maybe it was the total shake up that they were just not looking for at this time. Oh crap, the pressure is on now. It's like they've spent the past 5 years in a certain rut and now Christine is rested and ready to roll, I don't think they were ready for that yet. I have to wonder if they were all considering calling it a day and then boom, Christine decided to come back. Now what.

I sound negative and I don't mean to be. You would think with such great things going on in this band, they would be a little more thrilled....or at least be better at showing it.
Totally agree BigAl.And not too many people seem to have the same thoughts/ideas that I have about this whole reunion situation.And about them being better at showing their joy - I think they could be better at faking it.Sorry guys,I just calls um as I sees' um.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
You really read all that from this one picture where they obviously decided not to smile as a group. I don't remember any promotional photo of theirs where they're smiling actually. This is not out of character at all. They must've been miserable their whole career.
Yes. It's a pose to express attitude, coolness and maybe a little intrigue. It's not a reflection of their deep unhappiness. I mean, just because Victoria Beckham always looks like that I don't assume she's constantly miserable. I assume that rich, stylish people are supposed to be aloof.

Michele
Old 09-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
You really read all that from this one picture where they obviously decided not to smile as a group. I don't remember any promotional photo of theirs where they're smiling actually. This is not out of character at all. They must've been miserable their whole career.
Agree. I used to wonder why they're not smiling in the more recent pictures, but then noticed they didn't back in the 70s either. Of course, in their 20s and 30s, it came across as moody, brooding artists, whereas in their 60s and 70s, it reads as angry old people.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Grumpy old band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-24-2014, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Stevie and Christine are resisting. I see that tiny upturn, Stevie, and Christine - hide those teeth and look sullen!!!

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 09-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John looks like the grumpy cat.

Stevie and Lindsey, it's called COLOR. Try it sometime. What about a smile for a change too!

Sometimes I just want to say, if it's such a chore to be in this band and if it's so bad, just shut up and call it a day.

I also have to wonder and I hate this thought, I wonder if Christine's return as much as they love her, maybe it was the total shake up that they were just not looking for at this time. Oh crap, the pressure is on now. It's like they've spent the past 5 years in a certain rut and now Christine is rested and ready to roll, I don't think they were ready for that yet. I have to wonder if they were all considering calling it a day and then boom, Christine decided to come back. Now what.

I sound negative and I don't mean to be. You would think with such great things going on in this band, they would be a little more thrilled....or at least be better at showing it.

This has crossed my mind as well. Not just from the photo, but from past interviews and such.
But we'll never know for sure. I suppose we should all just try to enjoy it for what FM is right now.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Stevie and Christine are resisting. I see that tiny upturn, Stevie, and Christine - hide those teeth and look sullen!!!

All have a stern look on their faces.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-25-2014, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't they all have those same expressions during shoots for The Dance though? lol I seem to remember them always trying to look cool and bad-ass and come off as 'serious artists'.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Will this be out for sale tomorrow?
Old 09-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Christine insists on constantly wearing t-shirts with writing, then the least she could do is hold her jacket open so we can read what they say.

Michele
Old 09-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Does anyone know the likelihood of The Eagles coming around again? I missed them in 2013 and that's the last band I need to see to cross all my favorite bands off my bucket list.
That shouldn't be hard. They're in Vegas about every 6 months. My barber and I have a running joke about it.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fyi guys, it's not in today's USA today. I just looked thru the whole thing. Maybe tomorrow?
Old 09-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this article out yet?
Old 09-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Fyi guys, it's not in today's USA today. I just looked thru the whole thing. Maybe tomorrow?
Hey Jamie -- it's published by USA Today, but it's distributed as a Sunday supplement in local newspapers throughout the country. For example, in my area it's included in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

So you'll want to check your local paper(s) tomorrow.