User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default UTS Tour Stats (15 dates only)

edit: Scored a bunch of new dates today... All marked with an astrick. Total dates now: 34

I've been compiling these tour stats from Billboard, and I forgot that I had them... These 15 dates were the only dates (that I could find) that were reported to Billboard. If by chance anyone else has other show stats from the tour, please post.

Last edited by MacMan; 06-09-2008 at 10:48 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

100% in San Francisco. Good to know that the homies came out for him en masse.

Also 100% in Philly. I don't know what that's all about!

Michele
Old 06-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

average of 60% and a low of 36% - Ouch!

But, I think he never let it show if he was upset as he seemed to have a blast at most of these smaller venues despite the poor ticket sales. I wonder how much this tour cost him as the grosses seemingly would not pay for the tour. I am glad he did it though.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
100% in San Francisco. Good to know that the homies came out for him en masse.

Also 100% in Philly. I don't know what that's all about!

Michele
Probably had to do with that venue being half the size of all the other venues!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I'm thinking Logically here and if those stats are how Lindsey faired out from a tour in his home country. I can understand why he chose not to do a UK & Ireland tour.

However his new manager has much bigger and better plans for Lindsey from what im told, and this is why the Rock album hasnt been released yet.
His new manager has much more power in the industry and is the current manager of one of the greatest ever bands so were in for something good next time round.

wether or not its before or after the confirmed Fleetwood Mac tour which is definately going to happen (so I'm told) remains to be seen.

be good
Old 06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey would get a bigger crowd out there if he co-billed with, say, U2.

In other news, I'm impressed with these figures, which range from 400 to 1,400 per show. Those are human beings! Those aren't just numbers. They're people who said to themselves, "I'm going to see Lindsey Buckingham even if it kills me." They wanted to be there. They laughed. They cried. They cheered. They plotzed when Lindsey bent over & wacked his GO YOUR OWN WAY like a churning wooden basin of butter.

So I think it's good. He should tour like that again. Heck, that's 400 to 1,400 more people turning out for him than would turn out for any of us.

In other news, I watched LIVE AT BASS HALL (?) the other night. Disc sent from NetFlix. I found it somewhat interesting. The pain is in listening to him sing, in general. But it was fun hearing Taku pay homage to Mick Fleetwood with little riffs & fills during TUSK. There was a lot of backup tape used for this concert, which disheartened me somewhat -- although if I think about it now, I don't really care. I mostly enjoyed the medium-short film on the DVD. The scenes with Lindsey speaking sotto voce into the phone with a manager (?) about various labels refusing to sign him were so funny that I laughed myself silly. In those scenes, Lindsey is Everyman. Awareness dawns slowly in him. His plight is a metaphor for everyone's plight.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
. . . Heck, that's 400 to 1,400 more people turning out for him than would turn out for any of us . . . .
Speak for yourself

Old 06-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

MacMan, Thanks for posting those stats. It was very interesting to see. One of the concerts listed I'd attended. I guess you could look at the attendance as either half-full or half-empty. At first I was a little depressed about the attendance at the show I went to. But I changed with my mind with time. Lindsey knew how it was going to be before he stepped out onto that stage. And he clearly enjoyed it. These shows were for him and his fans. And I believe he gave it all he had. There had to be great satisfaction in knowing that the fans were there to see him and not the Mac. And if he was concerned about the money the tour would make, he wouldn't have used a private jet for this tour. Over all I would imagine he was happy with the tour, why else would he have kept adding dates?

David, I understand what you're saying about his singing. But with Lindsey I think it's more about feeling than perfection. After seeing him on this tour I thought, how does he do this night after night without shredding his vocal cords? He certainly doesn't hold anything back.

MadnessFades, what new manager? He's not with T.D. now?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
I've been compiling these tour stats from Billboard, and I forgot that I had them... These 15 dates were the only dates (that I could find) that were reported to Billboard. If by chance anyone else has other show stats from the tour, please post.

Well I saw him in Knoxville on Mar 17, 2007 and the house was packed!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow I M O

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Well I saw him in Knoxville on Mar 17, 2007 and the house was packed!
I don't pay much attention to how many are in attendance. I don't believe Lindsey does either - some is enough. There could be three people or 3000 behind me...I wouldn't notice...and I believe that Lindsey would play for either crowd. yes, $$ sweet but it is the music and those it does reach that matters...so say my musician friends anyway.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
I don't pay much attention to how many are in attendance. I don't believe Lindsey does either - some is enough. There could be three people or 3000 behind me...I wouldn't notice...and I believe that Lindsey would play for either crowd. yes, $$ sweet but it is the music and those it does reach that matters...so say my musician friends anyway.
yeah i suppose according to the numbers above, he should've "cancelled" the tour. (from a manager standpoint) $33,000 a night though, is still a lot of money...and probably more than enough to keep everyone employed, fed, clothed, and happy.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
TO a degree, yes. However, if you are shelling out $25,000 a show out of your own pocket to make up the difference, it starts to matter. I am not saying it cost him that much, but clearly those shows were expensive to do considering the crewe and the musicians playing with him. Who knows though, they could have cut their fee. I certainly would have to go on the road with LB.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
TO a degree, yes. However, if you are shelling out $25,000 a show out of your own pocket to make up the difference, it starts to matter. I am not saying it cost him that much, but clearly those shows were expensive to do considering the crewe and the musicians playing with him. Who knows though, they could have cut their fee. I certainly would have to go on the road with LB.
Why does it matter? If someone has the money (and we've heard the quotes that Lindsey got paid first cos he was the Producer (most times)) why shouldn't they spend it as they want? Why does a tour have to make a profit? You may think that life is always about making a buck here and there but Mr Buckingham may not............ I politely suggest.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I know it starts to matter dear...but I doubt Lindsey needed sponsors. Lindsey knows numbers and does it anyway...that is what is so 'fin cool about him.

Imagine the suckage for struggling musicians who can't get lift as they have no $$ yet they pull it out anyway so they can gig an open mic...get the music heard. I am way more impressed with an artist whose music means something to them...everything to them...so much that they eat toast for a week...then some cut-out with dollars out the bum.

*Thanks for translating*

Last edited by BTFLCHLD; 06-05-2008 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: :)
Old 06-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lord - settle down children I am just saying that I think it was cool of him to shell out the cash. Also - lighten up Stew or there will be severe consequences, to wit: