The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Ledgie

I don't know. When I write songs, I can quickly say that it's about one thing when it's actually valid to say it's about many things. "No, Bill, this song isn't about my ex-boyfriend, but damn, it seems like it could be." It can be convenient, actually.

But, I'm sure as everyone in this wide world might agree, emotions are rather complicated. Some people, you just don't get over, but it doesn't mean that they are your one and only. To think so is rather simple. I have no problem with Stevie/Lindsey dreamers, but the reality is... They both love elsewhere now, they have loved elsewhere for many years. And, just because one may still hold feelings for the other really doesn't set in stone who they belong with. Most people are owned or are dedicated to a few, if you look deep enough. I find it unrealistic to pin one individual to another forever... That's just not how life works, and thank god. Life and love would be boring, otherwise.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm pretty sure "It Was You" answers all doubts.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Is it really important for us to waste time talking about other people's love lives? i say live your own....and let them have some privacy!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
Is it really important for us to waste time talking about other people's love lives? i say live your own....and let them have some privacy!
It is important to me, as I am attempting to figure out the meaning of many of my favorite songs by FM.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Why not connect to the feeling the song gives you rather than "what it's supposed to mean"? You'll spend lots of mental energy on it and even then it's only assumption. You can't ever know what other people truly think, but hey if thinking you have it all "figured out" is enjoyable to you, go for it...
Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As I posted in the Stevie forum...
The only one who truly knows Lindsey's heart is Lindsey. But I really do feel Stevie is his soulmate, whether they are physically together or not. I feel their emotional bond is still so strong, and it can never be broken. Ever. Emotion is the driving force behind love is it not??? I believe she touches his mind in a way no other woman has or ever will and that is so very powerful (not to say she hasn't touched him physically in an unforgettable way either ). There is an eternal magic there.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

My wife thinks she heard that Lindsey and Christy had a short fling, is there any truth to that?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

haha i heard this too, I sure hope so, cuz that would be hot to think about, haha...in a non dirty way...sorry I went to far
Old 06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_Image View Post
My wife thinks she heard that Lindsey and Christy had a short fling, is there any truth to that?
I TOLD your wife to keep that to herself!!

DANGIT!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her name is Christine not Christy.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Am I the only one who can see that Lindsey is still in love with Stevie? I can find nothing of late regarding their feelings for each other. I saw a fairly recent video clip where Lindsey was singing ‘Never go Back’, which he wrote about her and he paused for a minute and you could see that he was feeling her and then he got all choked up. Both Lindsey and Stevie have written dozens of songs about the love that they share. They seem like a modern day Immortal Beloved. Each of them has revealed themselves to me in their music, and I love them for that, which is why I am consumed by their love issues. I believe that Stevie keeps her feelings hidden better than Lindsey, from what videos I have seen of him singing to her or about her. I believe that Stevie has always and continues to “taunt” Lindsey with her lyrics that hit you like a slap in the face. Nearly every song that he has composed lately seems to be about her. Perhaps its Lindsey’s questionable marriage or perhaps it’s their passion for their music that continues this spectacle, but nothing would please me more than the two of them getting together.
Well I used to think that, especially when I first saw The Dance on PBS, that there was a certain chemistry between Lindsey & Stevie that maybe carried over into their personal life. But that was about the time that Kristen got pregnant for the first time I believe, & then everything changed. Now I think Lindsey & Stevie are happier in their separate lives the way they are now. I have read different things that Stevie has said that have caused me to think that they even don't get along too well now. She's said that he was not very nice to her during their last tour, so maybe it's just creative differences there. They still have that chemistry on stage; I think they will always have that, but as for their personal life, I think not.

Lee
Old 06-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I basically agree with Lee. I think Lindsey and Stevie's chemistry during The Dance was incredible. Maybe there was something going on then, maybe not, but everything about that show was so intense and...you almost feel like a voyeur when you see how heated it was between them on stage. Could be acted, could be not, but they were good.

Since then, however, not too much. I think Live in Boston was sort of drab chemistry, to be honest. I LOVE that DVD, though, but mainly because of Lindsey's energy and overall craziness. If I hadn't known about SnL prior to, however, I wouldn't have thought much about their relationship from just watching that.

I really think Lindsey's moved on with his family. He looks positively content and a certain warmth radiates from him when I see pics of him with his children. Nothing's perfect, but he sure looks like he's got a lot to be grateful for. Stevie seems totally happy doing her thing. I'm not thrilled with her continually dragging LB's name through the mud in interviews, but that's her prerogative I suppose, even if it makes her sound a little sour. I'm aware that neither are perfect, but feel they both seem to be in pretty good- and very separate-places in their lives.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to use preschool logic here and say, "If he loves her, why doesn't he marry her?" Case closed. I think it's futile to overanalyze something like this.

But to the person who mentioned something about a Lindsey/Christine fling, that would be kinda hot.

And I too hate when people call her "Christy".
Old 06-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

I apologize for calling her Christy. Please understand, I am a newbie in regards to my fanfare of Fleetwood Mac. Being 36, I listened to their songs all my life. However, it wasn’t until I found the connection between Stevie and Lindsay did I become truly impressed with their talent. When I began to learn of their past, I began to piece together the lyrics of their songs. It is at this point that I truly became immersed in FM. I know what it is like to have loved and have lost, and the FM saga somehow helps me understand myself when I listen to the songs now. The impact of their words and music have made a difference in my life.