Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default George Michael Show Last Night

I'm a huge fan, and I wasn't going to go to this show due to the high ticket prices, ($200- and that's NOT the "Platinum Package" ones- those were even worse!) but I was given some tickets.

He didn't disappoint. He sang a lot of U.S. hits, a couple covers (Roxanne being one) and some songs that were big hits in Europe (Spinning the Wheel) . His stage was really neat because it had this giant screen right in the middle that kind of scrolled down from the top and rolled over onto the stage. He stood on this as he performed and had videos playing behind him. There was also 2 huge screens off to the sides as well. His band was placed behind him, up high in these rafter-type looking things. He looked good, but kept his sunglasses on the whole time (to hide his wrinkles?). He really had the entire crowd going through most of the show. He danced his ass off just like in the 80's (with some of the same moves too) Everyone was up off their seats except for the slower tunes. He thanked the audience profusely at the end saying that he wasn't sure how this show would go, as it was his first one of the tour. He felt welcomed back. If any of you are going you will definitley have fun at this show!

~jamie
Old 06-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He’ll be here in DC at the end of July I think. I’d love to go because I’ve never seen him however, I can't justify these high ticket prices anymore. I’m not seeing Stevie because I’m fed up with her lazy attitude and I’m not seeing Madonna because of not only high ticket prices but for two tours in a row now she has snubbed DC.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've seen George twice in Dublin and his show is utterly brilliant. They were the most expensive concert tickets I ever got but it was worth it both times! He's not my favourite artist but he definitely put on the best show I was ever at. Glad you enjoyed it too!