User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I'm All American and don't "love" anyone here either. I have "met" people online in other venues and have formed very close relationships (ETA: FRIENDSHIPS, not relationships. ) that way, but not here on The Ledge.
You express better than me the point I was attempting to make but in a more flippant way. Friendships here are important but my key personal relationships don't revolve around this website or any previous versions of it. There are a couple of people here that I hope I will be in touch with for a long time. They are genuine friends and support me.

If you read things elsewhere either in posts, or pms that have circulated, either about me or moderators on this site such as you, you'd conclude that we were pretty unpleasant people. The vitriol isn't difficult to find. Of course when it comes from people who you thought were 'friends', it is initially difficult to understand or deal with.

At the end of the day you can't change what is said behind your back but you know yourself what is true. Being comfortable in your own skin is what it is about and sometimes you have to accept that people don't reach the same levels of integrity that you set for yourself.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I'm here to troll.
wow. that was probably the funniest thing I heard all day.

seriously, David.

I think that while The Ledge is only a Message Board, so far the people here have been nothing but pleasant to me, and I really can't say anything bad about any of you posters....
While I have had the fortune to befriend someone somewhat off the board, [I still want my email back by the way!!! ]; I don't come here to look for friends. I come to the message board to talk with people who have the same interest as me. Fleetwood Mac, and related members. Sure I'll post in this 'chit chat' fourm at times, but only if I have something REALLY important to share, just to talk, or if I see an interesting thread.

But unless you knew the person pre-ledge or have a great relationship with them after meeting them [chances are at a concert], then I would say the Ledge isn't about comeraderie, its more about expressing your interests, opinions, and ideas.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post
You express better than me the point I was attempting to make but in a more flippant way. Friendships here are important but my key personal relationships don't revolve around this website or any previous versions of it. There are a couple of people here that I hope I will be in touch with for a long time. They are genuine friends and support me.

If you read things elsewhere either in posts, or pms that have circulated, either about me or moderators on this site such as you, you'd conclude that we were pretty unpleasant people. The vitriol isn't difficult to find. Of course when it comes from people who you thought were 'friends', it is initially difficult to understand or deal with.

At the end of the day you can't change what is said behind your back but you know yourself what is true. Being comfortable in your own skin is what it is about and sometimes you have to accept that people don't reach the same levels of integrity that you set for yourself.
Actually, I have made a friend like that here on The Ledge (sara1998- Hi Maria!), so I can agree with this. I guess the point I was trying to make is that while I have met a few people here that I think highly of, I would never say that I *love* anyone. That being said, I really enjoy this place and the people who post here. I wish that some folks would come back and post a little more.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

But- I thought you LOVED ME!!!!

Old 06-13-2008, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, many of us met during the SYW your after chatting for years online. The concert experiences were like tribal rituals that many of us bonded during. So, I think love for many of us springs from that. And, interestingly, La Nicks and/or FM seem to be connected to that somehow. An example is the trandomn steakhouse a bunch of us chose in Chicago, where La Nicks unbeknownst to us had eaten the night before. Or, some awful steakhouse in Detroit where Thrown Down randomly came on the radio as we were eating. Then, Paula and shoe hurl incident. So, I think people look back to those times. I think many do not have that experience.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
But- I thought you LOVED ME!!!!

Okay, I do love you.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew_Matthews View Post

sure there are always going to be people out there, but i think you're going to be pretty hard-pressed to find someone who is going to have anything negative to say about jannie, or her integrity. yours, on the other hand, is questionable. so before you point the finger at other people, maybe you should look in the mirror and drop the innocent act.

as far as loving people on here, i have several friends i care deeply for and would say i "love" them. but not because they revolve around this board, or any other. i have relationshps with them oustide the internet and am very grateful for that
Old 06-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
sure there are always going to be people out there, but i think you're going to be pretty hard-pressed to find someone who is going to have anything negative to say about jannie, or her integrity. yours, on the other hand, is questionable. so before you point the finger at other people, maybe you should look in the mirror and drop the innocent act.
I'm a little in the dark here but I'll just say what I tell the people who are fighting on my old movie forum (hatreds well up from split opinions over what constitutes film noir over there): If you guys met at North Woods Inn for a dinner of Porterhouse steak, red cabbage salad, world-famous cheesebread (with Clearman's special recipe cheese spread atop it), old-fashioned Shirley Temples & peanuts (the shells of which you can toss on the floor), you'd be fast friends ere long. The Internet can be so impersonal that people don't really get to know one another's strengths & special characteristics. But I've e-mailed you both extensively & swapped audio & pet photos, & really have enjoyed it!

My favorite restaurant:
http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/northwoods.html

I pray for peace & understanding for everyone (even my seven enemies on The Chain), & I recommend the Canadian film "Paddle to the Sea," with its extraordinarily simple & sweet tale of hopes dashed & reaffirmed as well as its lustrous visual & moral qualities. It was produced by the National Film Board of Canada in 1966 & directed by the explorer-filmmaker Bill Mason.

http://www.nfb.ca/collection/films/f...v=h&lg=en&exp=

moviekinks.blogspot.com

Last edited by David; 06-13-2008 at 01:19 PM..
Old 06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Actually, many of us met during the SYW your after chatting for years online. The concert experiences were like tribal rituals that many of us bonded during. So, I think love for many of us springs from that. And, interestingly, La Nicks and/or FM seem to be connected to that somehow. An example is the trandomn steakhouse a bunch of us chose in Chicago, where La Nicks unbeknownst to us had eaten the night before. Or, some awful steakhouse in Detroit where Thrown Down randomly came on the radio as we were eating. Then, Paula and shoe hurl incident. So, I think people look back to those times. I think many do not have that experience.
Oh that beautiful steakhouse. Joe's, was it? Where my love for lemondrop martinis came about. That was a great time. We sat and smoked and drank martinis and had dinner with friends. I had so much fun with you all that weekend. I was in a bad way during that time, but you all lifted me up and I made myself have fun. We should do it again. I'll be much more fun this time!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Okay, I do love you.
haha...you hurt my feelbads! You need to travel. To Indiana.

Yeah...
Old 06-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I post because of I'm a "hard-core" fan of FM and Stevie Nicks and this is an acceptable format for my OCD tendencies...I've posted for many years, sometimes more, sometimes less...I've met some Ledgies at concerts which is lots of fun...and even attended a NOTS...but I've not yet made any lasting friendships and have not fallen "in love" on the Ledge...

overall, the Ledge feeds my internal fantasy life not my real one...

oooh...and...I secretly love the feuds and have sided against or with many a person kicked off the Ledge...

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 06-13-2008 at 02:25 PM..
Old 06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can actually concur with this one, as I met a very nice group of Ledgies in Dallas- at SYW in 2003! Hey Chris!! I came up there with a friend of mine from Houston, and we had the BEST time that night! I've also met some wonderful people from the Chain as well, as I go back with them many years! I don't forget wonderful people too easily, for sure!

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....

Last edited by Steviefan49; 06-17-2008 at 03:42 PM..
Old 06-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviefan49 View Post
I can actually concur with this one, as I met a very nice group of Ledgies in Dallas- at SYW in 2003! Hey Chris!! I came up there with a friend of mine from Houston, and we had the BEST time that night! I've also met some wonderful people from the Chain as well, as I go back with them many years! I don't forget wonderful people too easily, for sure!
I was there!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was there!!!!!!!
You were??? Holy Moly.. then I met you also that night, I'm sure! There was a HUGE group that night! That was SOOOOOOO much fun!!

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 06-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe what Musicman is trying to say, is that he is grateful for the Ledge and its members. He's still a kid and doesn't have the life experiences, nor the vocabulary, to express himself and likes having the outlet here to talk about his struggles and perhaps his fears, among people he calls friends.

No matter how much dissing goes on with the Ledge, (and believe me, I have gotten my share of PM's which hurt my feelings), when people are kind, there is something that goes along with the feelings of gratitude. And in that moment of gratitude, and of feeling accepted and less alone, feelings of love surface, because you like to be treated that way.

Maybe that's what he's getting at.

(But with me, being a nosey and rude person, and being so wrapped up in myself, not to realize that I am this way, what do I know?)

Last edited by Betsy; 06-21-2008 at 10:14 AM..