The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Which songs do you like the most?
Those from Christine McVie (1984) 5 27.78%
Those from In the Meantime (2004) 7 38.89%
Christine songs from Buckingham McVie 2017 album 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The songs poll

I named this poll The Songs cause there was already a Solo Albums poll (2020). Besides I’m including the 2017 album which is not a solo album. The question is which collection of Christine songs do you like the most in this albums selection.
Old 05-17-2023, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The 2017 album is winning by a substantial margin.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-18-2023, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

WOW. Sophie's Choice for sure.
Picking favorite Chris songs is like picking your favorite child. You just love them all.
Old 05-18-2023, 07:33 AM

Italian pizza or Sicilian pizza.... hmmm.. Right now, I went for ITM.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Italian pizza or Sicilian pizza.... hmmm.. Right now, I went for ITM.
I went for 1984. It holds a slightly more special place in my heart. And it had some big guests, just like Bella Donna did.
Old 05-18-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I went for 1984. It holds a slightly more special place in my heart. And it had some big guests, just like Bella Donna did.
Lately, I've been spinning YOU ARE, FRIEND, SO SINCERE, FORGIVENESS, CALUMNY, GIVIN IT BACK

AND just wow... such a beautiful voice and beautiful music.
Old 05-19-2023, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted for In the Meantime. I love her songs on the Buckvie album but there aren't enough of them. I love the 1984 album but have always thought that the famous guest stars distracted from Chris's performance rather than adding to it (with the exception of Steve Winwood on "One in a Million" which I really like). I realize the question is what SONGS do we like the best, but it's really impossible to separate out the song from the production.

I wish the Legendary Christine Perfect album had been included in this poll.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Lately, I've been spinning YOU ARE, FRIEND, SO SINCERE, FORGIVENESS, CALUMNY, GIVIN IT BACK

AND just wow... such a beautiful voice and beautiful music.
Giving it Back is the most Fleetwood Mac song of the 2000s.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I realize the question is what SONGS do we like the best, but it's really impossible to separate out the song from the production.
I agree. This is a major reason why I prefer ITM to the 1984 record. On ITM, she sounds relaxed and laid back, even when the occasional song is hard-driving and “up”. The arrangements are occasionally a little static (non-narrative David once said) but the sound is bright, breezy, and spacious.

The 1984 has great highlights (One in a Million, Ask Anybody, and Smile I Live For are top tier) but overall the slick cliches in the production and the three non-Christine songs on side 2 drag the album into middle-of-the-road territory. About half the album really hits. The other half is, to me, forgettable. By comparison, I can listen to ITM straight through…
Old 05-22-2023, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I wish the Legendary Christine Perfect album had been included in this poll.
I’d vote for No Road Is the Right Road as one of the best Christine songs of all time. It’s like the coolest nightclub scene imaginable in a James Bond movie with all the chicks gyrating on the dance floor with their boyfriends.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-22-2023, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I’d vote for No Road Is the Right Road as one of the best Christine songs of all time. It’s like the coolest nightclub scene imaginable in a James Bond movie with all the chicks gyrating on the dance floor with their boyfriends.
Glad someone else recognizes this! Love that song. It’s the perfect expression of “medium cool”…
Old 05-29-2023, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love In the Meantime and voted for it. I also love BuckVie, but her songs on there feel more tampered with (in the never-forgotten words of one Ledgie) by Lindsey.
Old 05-29-2023, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I also love BuckVie, but her songs on there feel more tampered with (in the never-forgotten words of one Ledgie) by Lindsey.
They are tampered with but if you listen to the press she did for the album in 2017 or even before in 2014 when she describes them emailing tracks to each other, she said she liked what he did with her demos. I believe she said he helped bring them to life.
Old 05-29-2023, 09:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I agree. This is a major reason why I prefer ITM to the 1984 record. On ITM, she sounds relaxed and laid back, even when the occasional song is hard-driving and “up”. The arrangements are occasionally a little static (non-narrative David once said) but the sound is bright, breezy, and spacious.

The 1984 has great highlights (One in a Million, Ask Anybody, and Smile I Live For are top tier) but overall the slick cliches in the production and the three non-Christine songs on side 2 drag the album into middle-of-the-road territory. About half the album really hits. The other half is, to me, forgettable. By comparison, I can listen to ITM straight through…
I agree with every word of this. In 1984 I was taken aback how country her solo album sounded in parts. Songs like I'm So Excited, I'm The One, and even Love Will Show Us How has a little country sound. Her letting others write and perform with her impacted the sound. It grew on me and I liked the unconventionality of a woman who started out with the blues, rock and pop had this sound.
However looking back, I wish she would have had someone force her to do the solo album herself. It just needed a few punches of power here and there. Its a fantastic album and on par with ITM but ITM is a better listen through in its entirety. Both are great albums and Chris never had any bad songs so its a really tough choice.