Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart I've debated some and said Iwoudn't post but I need to be heard...Hillary Clinton.

Hi you guys...

I know we argued/debated this in another section...if anyone was hurt I'm sorry. I am passionate about politics now...because myself and those I love are affected by the story below...

I hope you read with an open mind/heart...

Just please...as I said at the bottom...don't be hurtful...I expect a debate...

I'm just a guy...back at work for an airline that makes headlines everyday...with my co-workers and I suffering under "Corporate America..."

Nana...I hope you can see this...I miss you.

My story was entitled...

An Open Letter Of Love And Support For Hillary Clinton...

Dear Hillary...

That's a picture of my Grandmother and I on a day my Uncle had to go back to the war in Vietnam...after his generous 5 day leave.

I've posted on blogs...spoke loud and clear to all I can reach about how I passionately feel about you as a mother and a woman...and as an outspoken person, speaking for those that don't or can't have a voice. I love when you speak firmly and with conviction. I, as a lower middle class guy, from a lower middle class upbringing...have had my voice...and those similar to me...silenced. It's like I work 5,6,7 days a week to live in my apartment...pay bills and taxes...help out my family (because in the end...who else is there, really?) and manage to somehow look to the future with hope. I'm poor but I feel so rich because of the blessings I have...and have had...and will continue to have. Please help us be heard Hillary. I have so much to say but, it would be pages so I'll sum it up in little ellipses...My grandmother that raised me died about a month ago...she worked well into her 80s. She paid every last tax...and was rewarded with barely $400.00 a month in Social Security. She was the mother of 4 children...left alone with her kids in the 1940s when her wife beating husband left her. Who did she turn to? The church...and her inner self. She summoned all her courage to survive and move on. She didn't take handouts she didn't ask for food stamps and she didn't quit on her kids...or those she loved...she was on a mission...and didn't leave until the misson was complete. She didn't have a voice...who would listen? She worked as a maid, waitress, cafeteria "coffee lady" and then would go home and string beads all night to make an extra quarter or two to buy her kids their Easter shoes. She was yet another poor, Irish Catholic, uneducated statistic. Or so it seems. Her only son was on the front lines in Vietnam. She raised me when my father was simalar to her husband...a violent abusive guy. She took me in as an infant...protected me...and taught me about values, ethics...and what was important in life. She was always praying for somebody. She was a lot like you Hillary, actually. The differences are your worlds. My grandmother's world was very small...but those in her "small world" were affected by her very much. She fed the poor. Visited widows or mom's that lost their sons or daughers...or she would drop in on the lonely. She donated what she had to Big Brother Big Sister...and to the Home for the Little Wanders. She taught me about being happy...and working hard...and always, always remembering I was made the same as everybody...rich, poor, blind, black, white, tall ect... In her small world she reached out and protected, nurchured and guided those she loved to "always doing the right thing".
I'm a disabled guy. I work for a huge airline. I celebrated my 10 year anniversary this May. My BIG corporation...run by a BIG republican CEO and his cronies have robbed men and women like me that have made this airline what it is...or was. It's corrupt. I took 2 massive paycuts...was stripped of many benefits...and I look a 3 week leave for a re-occurring serious kidney condition requiring surgery. They have denied me FMLA from their Chicago headquartes 3 times in the last 2 months submitted by my 12 year physicain. I've had FMLA in place before by my company. They don't see my "serious health condition" serious enough to warrant a day or two off every once in a while to deal with the pain of trying to pass massive, multiple kidney stones, the size of my pinky nail...serious enough. They don't find that my pain and the toxic levels of my blood cause by backed up urine. They know of my disability (not my kidneys) and continue to tamper with me. I've had my doctors fax evidence of surgeries, the seriousness of my damaged kidneys that I have operated on about every two years! I'm scared. I've been out of work with no money now for TWO MONTHS!!! They are now deeming my return to work certificate that was very detailed "that I'm fit to work now" fax from my 12 year physician as...not enough evidence of my health being good enough to work. I'm living off of my 1,000 dollar "retirement savings" now. Waiting for my BIG AIRLINE COMPANY to make up their mind about me. I think Hillary would benefit all of us that are dammned by BIG CEOs. The way the administration is set up now is to outsource tons of jobs in American based companies to places like India and the Phillipines. I think people from all countries deserve to make a living...and do the best they can...BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF AN AMERICAN'S JOB!!! All our reservation centers have been sent overseas. You have NO IDEA the frustration from passengers and us employess have to deal with over their errors and the language barriers. NOW they want the saftey of all to be in jeapordy but outsourcing the jobs of Airplane maintenance to China and such...If I were you, and you fly...I'd be scared too. BIG ASS REPUBLICAN CEO'S FILLING THEIR POCKETS AND THE POCKETS OF THEIR CRONIES AT THE EXPENSE OF YOU, ME AND ALL OF US THAT CAN NOT MAKE ENDS MEET!!! It's a big CRIME...and a lot of LIES and COVERUPS.
I know HILLARY CLINTON WILL END THIS!!!!
I lost my sister about 2 years ago. She had so many difficult disabilities to care for. She lived in a state run place. My mom, grandmother, sister, myself...everyone would see/interact/love/visit/enjoy her everyday! They closed the place just after she passed because they deemed it too costly here in Massachusetts (a big THANK YOU TO MITT ROMNEY) to have a state run faciity for people and families to receive desperately needed health care and attention. The people from there are scattered everywhere...some were completly mainstreamed into society...no skills...no help...nothing. Many have passed. I'm sad.
Another BIG Republican Economy Reform Failure.
Men and women...Americans and other beautiful people are dying everyday for a "WAR ON TERROR"...That is comlete crap...it's a war for oil to suck more money from the voiceless, middle class to poor folk to pay for. It's "DADDY'S WAR" It's fruitless, dumb, wrong...and it was over before it started. Would anyone come here if there was a Civil War? Look at what George said at a HUGE celebration for Isreal! Doesn't that scare you?
My grandmother and my mom have been my warriors of love forever. Without them I'd be gone right now. I'm thinking of Nana, Ma and all the other "unsung heros" of the world. I'm thinking of all the women ignored for all these years. Behind every great, strong man...is a greater, stronger woman. A mom, a wife etc... Women are the real strength. They are the support behind their husbands, children and families from time immormoral. I'm thinking of you Hillary. I'm thinking about you helping out a guy like me...just making his way and still managing to smile...because I have love and family. It's not about money, gas, foreign policy...it's about what's right...who's the strongest for everyone...and giving back a voice to a "nobody" like me...

I think HIllary could put a stop to the crimes happening in our own country...all the way from the people we elected (or bought their way into office) to the criminal CEOs of companies...to the crime ridden hate filled streets...
I'm ending with this...I have no benefits...nothing to fall back on. I have no more pension...I have no more voice...it has been robbed by the likes of George, Mitt and the others that do their best to benefit people like them...and screw people like us. Look really hard at Hillary's website and maybe you too will find a way for the world to heal...as you know someone really, really great said..."we're crying out for love..." and "...you'd like to save me..."
God Bless...
J

PS...God's demands on us are small. He wants us to honor him...love one another...do your best...and enjoy the blessings from him...our planet, nation etc...and...to ALWAYS DO WHAT'S RIGHT. Hillary's right...the other's are yet another BUSH crime.

Link to one of the places that took my story...CNN!

http://www.ireport.net/docs/DOC-2354...2FB1B7B2B0B800

You guys...I don't know what your stance is...maybe this is in the wrong section...I want it "OUT THERE"...for all of us that have been silenced...or have had their opinions and hopes dashed.

Love,
Jim

PS...IF YOU WONDERED WHERE I'VE BEEN...I WAS LURKING FOR 2 MONTHS BUT WRITING A LOT OF POLITICAL STORIES SUCH AS THIS...AND SCREAMING ON LINE AND ON THE PHONE AND REACHING OUT TO EVERYONE WITH THE MESSAGE..."WE NEED HELP!"

Republicans...don't take offence...please...let's hear some positive or negative post from you too...don't bash people's ideas...let's debate.

...and those who don't like this...

BRING IT ON!!!

Just thinking of those in support for Clinton, Obama and McCain...
Are you voting Democrat or Republican just because that's the way you were raised? Are you voting for Hillary because she is a woman? Are you voting for Obama because he's black and trendy? Are you voting for McCain because he's a war hero...a POW...a Republican...that knows all about war?

I'm looking forward to you responses.

I love you all....

Last edited by SaidSomething; 06-08-2008 at 01:14 PM..