The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 02-27-2024, 08:40 PM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 545
Default

There's an alternate studio version on one of the import singles from that time that is really good. I haven't compared it to the version on the Tusk deluxe edition to see if they're the same though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I was never a fan of the live version but I do dig the studio version of Not That Funny on TUSK!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-28-2024, 08:19 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I was never a fan of the live version but I do dig the studio version of Not That Funny on TUSK!
Get out of this thread and never come back!!!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-28-2024, 08:19 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've told this story 5000 times here, but the only way my friends would watch Mirage in high school, was if I fast forwarded through NTF. They HATED the screaming.
So what? That proves nothing, except that that's what the world is made of. If everyone liked the same thing, how boring this world would be. The fact that there are different tastes, and so different people, is what I love about this world.

The screaming isn't my favorite part but it doesn't really bother me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-28-2024, 08:26 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They cut the drum solo.
That's right. The Deluxe version lasts 9:01

The video version lasts 10:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrCeJdyPqE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-28-2024, 10:11 AM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 545
Default

And I didn't even notice or care. Never really understood drum solos to begin with and there's only a few I even care to listen to.

I actually didn't really listen to the CD version much since it didn't sound remastered and I had already played the video a lot . Same with the Bella Donna concert on Stevie's deluxe. Also, there's no real reason to go into the fact that they left off songs, but...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
That's right. The Deluxe version lasts 9:01

The video version lasts 10:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrCeJdyPqE
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 02-28-2024, 10:47 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
And I didn't even notice or care.
I didn't notice either. Then you must be thinking "How can you say it's your favorite part?".

Well it's my favorite part because it's friday night and I always play that video after a bottle of merlot. Perfect combination.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 02-28-2024, 12:01 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
And I didn't even notice or care. Never really understood drum solos to begin with and there's only a few I even care to listen to.

I actually didn't really listen to the CD version much since it didn't sound remastered and I had already played the video a lot . Same with the Bella Donna concert on Stevie's deluxe. Also, there's no real reason to go into the fact that they left off songs, but...
The drum solo is funny because he gets his drum stuck under a snare or his tom (can't remember) . And he's absolutely wasted. Worse than Christine, or maybe they are equal.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 02-28-2024, 12:21 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The drum solo is funny because he gets his drum stuck under a snare or his tom (can't remember) . And he's absolutely wasted. Worse than Christine, or maybe they are equal.
Under his first tom. I noticed that the very first time I watched it.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 02-28-2024, 01:08 PM
Mr Scarrott Mr Scarrott is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 513
Default

Not that Funny is the one Lindsey song on Tusk that I can't abide. I really like some of the Brian Wilson-esque touches on tracks like Save me a place, Walk a thin line and That's all for everyone; I know I'm not wrong and That's enough for me might almost be throwaway but they're fun; I really love the zanyness of The Ledge and the mesemeric nature of the title track. What makes you think you're the one is the only other one that is debatable for me and after it there is a grateful relief in getting to to the beauty of Storms .

Not that Funny just seems lazy and soon outstays any welcome I could possibly be persuaded to give it. It can't quite be hidden away and forgotten about like some of the worst moments of the Beatles' White Album-there is a limit to how much indulgence I can give to Mr B.
__________________
There's no use in crying, it's all over
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Not that Funny is the one Lindsey song on Tusk that I can't abide. I really like some of the Brian Wilson-esque touches on tracks like Save me a place, Walk a thin line and That's all for everyone; I know I'm not wrong and That's enough for me might almost be throwaway but they're fun; I really love the zanyness of The Ledge and the mesemeric nature of the title track. What makes you think you're the one is the only other one that is debatable for me and after it there is a grateful relief in getting to to the beauty of Storms .

Not that Funny just seems lazy and soon outstays any welcome I could possibly be persuaded to give it. It can't quite be hidden away and forgotten about like some of the worst moments of the Beatles' White Album-there is a limit to how much indulgence I can give to Mr B.
I disagree on WMYTYTO. I love that song. Probably my favorite Lindsey song on Tusk. But you are correct on NTF. It's garbage. And yet Lindsey identifies with it. For some crazy reason!
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 02-28-2024 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 02-28-2024, 03:33 PM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 545
Default

Mick should have received some type of award for being able to play while his crew poured beer (and who know whatever else) down his throat.

I actually didn't mind when he came down front and played the African bongo drum on the first tour, but by the time he got to the electronic vest with the programmed car crashes and screams it was definitely too much and waaaayyyy too long. By that time there was nothing to stop him until the next line was waiting backstage for him to consume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The drum solo is funny because he gets his drum stuck under a snare or his tom (can't remember) . And he's absolutely wasted. Worse than Christine, or maybe they are equal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-28-2024, 03:50 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Mick should have received some type of award for being able to play while his crew poured beer (and who know whatever else) down his throat.

I actually didn't mind when he came down front and played the African bongo drum on the first tour, but by the time he got to the electronic vest with the programmed car crashes and screams it was definitely too much and waaaayyyy too long. By that time there was nothing to stop him until the next line was waiting backstage for him to consume.
The problem with his up front and center is: It's not consistently good. My fav. is when Christine John and LB are riffing with him. But, I've heard a few of those that are so underwhelming.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-28-2024, 06:50 PM
Mr Scarrott Mr Scarrott is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But you are correct on NTF. It's garbage. And yet Lindsey identifies with it. For some crazy reason!
He may well be a genius, but that doesn't stop him having blind spots...
__________________
There's no use in crying, it's all over
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


RITA COOLIDGE CD THINKIN' ABOUT YOU BEKKA BRAMLETT LETTING YOU GO WITH LOVE 1998 picture

RITA COOLIDGE CD THINKIN' ABOUT YOU BEKKA BRAMLETT LETTING YOU GO WITH LOVE 1998

$12.00



Almo/Irving Writers Comp. CD 2: Annie Roboff, Bekka Bramlett, Michael Henderson picture

Almo/Irving Writers Comp. CD 2: Annie Roboff, Bekka Bramlett, Michael Henderson

$20.00



Bekka (Bramlett) & Billy (Burnette) - Bekka & Billy - 1997 Almo Sounds - Used CD picture

Bekka (Bramlett) & Billy (Burnette) - Bekka & Billy - 1997 Almo Sounds - Used CD

$9.00



I Got News for You - Audio CD By Bekka Bramlett - VERY GOOD picture

I Got News for You - Audio CD By Bekka Bramlett - VERY GOOD

$249.52



1983 Mick Fleetwood The Zoo Brett Tuggles Bekka Bramlett Musician 8X10 Photo picture

1983 Mick Fleetwood The Zoo Brett Tuggles Bekka Bramlett Musician 8X10 Photo

$17.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved