The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2023, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Which member has the highest net worth?

This article published in july 2023 Lindsey Buckingham Tops The List With $150 Million (250 before the divorce or so I understand. Christine and Stevie are mentioned with close but smaller numbers ($105M and $120M respectively). I don't know how reliable is that info. Christine and Stevie got far more singles, I'm not sure but at first sight it should mean far more profit?

Though Lindsey partially produced some albums. I don't know if that mean he got more money from album sales.

Or it just mean he was more organized with his investments and savings.

https://www.thethings.com/which-flee...of%20marriage.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey was/is Frugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
This article published in july 2023 Lindsey Buckingham Tops The List With $150 Million (250 before the divorce or so I understand. Christine and Stevie are mentioned with close but smaller numbers ($105M and $120M respectively). I don't know how reliable is that info. Christine and Stevie got far more singles, I'm not sure but at first sight it should mean far more profit?

Though Lindsey partially produced some albums. I don't know if that mean he got more money from album sales.

Or it just mean he was more organized with his investments and savings.

https://www.thethings.com/which-flee...of%20marriage.
Lindsey likely bought weed, but wasn’t much of a cocaine user (probably just took part in the band purchase). On a podcast, it was noted that he never bought anyone gifts. Although he took his Out of the Cradle band to Hawaii after that tour. His tours the last 15 years probably broke even at best. His albums have not been huge sellers, as he has probably been releasing new music for his legacy. He and his (ex?) wife were into flipping houses in Southern California, and with the hot real estate market, likely increased his net worth.
Old 12-18-2023, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just from touring alone, Stevie would have to have the highest net worth. They all sold their music catalogues so at this point, they’re all sitting pretty. I mean, let’s say Stevie sold hers for $100 million and Lindsey sold his for $90 million and Christine sold hers for $80 million…. I mean, wealthy is wealthy no matter who has the highest actual net worth. I would say all three had good returns on their investments, but just from touring alone, it’s hard to believe Stevie didn’t have a higher net worth.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Just from touring alone, Stevie would have to have the highest net worth. They all sold their music catalogues so at this point, they’re all sitting pretty. I mean, let’s say Stevie sold hers for $100 million and Lindsey sold his for $90 million and Christine sold hers for $80 million…. I mean, wealthy is wealthy no matter who has the highest actual net worth. I would say all three had good returns on their investments, but just from touring alone, it’s hard to believe Stevie didn’t have a higher net worth.
Not when you look at the way she lives. Keeping all those loser "yes friends" on your payroll can't be cheap.
Celebrity Net Worth says that Lindsey is the richest, with 150M. Stevie is at 120M. Searching Christine kept taking me to links about her death, so I gave up on her.
So the apparent answer is Lindsey, and also that you're wrong.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 12-18-2023 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-18-2023, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Not when you look at the way she lives. Keeping all those loser "yes friends" on your payroll can't be cheap.
Celebrity Net Worth says that Lindsey is the richest, with 150M. Stevie is at 120M. Searching Christine kept taking me to links about her death, so I have up on her.
Before Christine’s death and the parsing of her estate, a basic Google search often said:

Stevie 150 mil
Lindsey 125 mil
Christine 120 mil
John 85 mil

Mick’s with fluctuates but never exceeds 20 mil—and is often much less.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Mick has to be the worst business person ever. The band always bailed him out but it was never enough. More bad investments and the cycle repeats. He needs meet and greets with fans to stay afloat.

I am fascinated with the mid 90s with the band members. Mick was still touring and staying in seedy Best Western Hotels on the interstate. I get that because they were playing clubs back then.
Stevie was rich but sort of panicked. She saw her career over with Fleetwood Mac and her solo career flaming out. She was touring by bus. She was even afraid to cut a video for her first Street Angel video because she thought it was too much money to waste. Its the last time many of them thought about money. Post Dance changed everything.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-18-2023 at 12:02 PM..
Old 12-18-2023, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Celebrity Net Worth says that Lindsey is the richest, with 150M. Stevie is at 120M. Searching Christine kept taking me to links about her death, so I gave up on her.
I’m just thankful that all their accountants were so willing to share this accurate and confidential information on the internet so we could discuss their wealth freely and openly
Old 12-18-2023, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Stevie was rich but sort of panicked. She saw her career over with Fleetwood Mac and her solo career flaming out. She was touring by bus. She was even afraid to cut a video for her first Street Angel video because she thought it was too much money to waste.
Money may have played a part in that, but I bet Stevie also felt uncomfortable with the idea of filming a video because of her weight at the time. Supposedly she made a video for Unconditional Love that has never seen the light of day, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was because she didn’t like how she looked in it.
Old 12-18-2023, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m just thankful that all their accountants were so willing to share this accurate and confidential information on the internet so we could discuss their wealth freely and openly
Like OMFG, my queen $tevie isn't the richest, and I CAN'T HANDLE IT! *runs away screaming*
Old 12-18-2023, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Like OMFG, my queen $tevie isn't the richest, and I CAN'T HANDLE IT! *runs away screaming*
I just don’t believe everything I read on the internet like you do, apparently.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Money may have played a part in that, but I bet Stevie also felt uncomfortable with the idea of filming a video because of her weight at the time. Supposedly she made a video for Unconditional Love that has never seen the light of day, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that was because she didn’t like how she looked in it.
That's maybe true. I am only going off her statements in 1994. In a pre-release Street Angel promo interview she is asked if there would be a video and she said it depends on how well the record sells. Later on during the tour and dismal sales she is asked by a radio DJ about videos and she says something like its a waste of money to spend $75,000 on a video where she may need that money someday if she is living in a condo in her older years. You can sense she was a bit nervous about her post Fleetwood Mac life and a solo career that was running out of steam.

Lindsey said that one of the reasons he did Tango was to get Mick out of bankruptcy. He did not say those exact words but almost. Chris reluctantly did the Dance in the USA because she was so willing for Mick. She would not even extend in Europe for him. That's probably the only time she has said NO to Mick. Mick sensed Fleetwood Mac would be coming to an end and made a very long world tour in 1990. Stevie was not happy for all those long European dates and publicly said so. She agreed with a world tour but was upset with how many dates there were. With the long tour and the delay with Chris's father's passing, her Timespace project was majorly delayed. She missed her Bon Jovi wave by 7 months.
That darn Mick! Always trying to squeeze the last cent.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-18-2023 at 02:25 PM..
Old 12-18-2023, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey and his wife have done quite a few large, lucrative real estate flips over the past 10+ years. I wouldn't be shocked if he came out on top.
Old 12-18-2023, 03:14 PM
Ledgie

I was at the concert in Milwaukee when they filmed the Blue Denim video. They played Blue Denim a number of times on the sound system while they shot the footage of her and the band “performing” onstage.

It would be interesting to see the Unconditional Love video if one exists. I know that was the intended first single before MLWCYM was recorded and all the release delays because of rehab. I’m assuming they filmed that a year earlier when the album was originally supposed to drop.

Touring is where the money is and she knows that, and she will continue to cash in as long as she can. They all could have been a lot richer (if it even matters to them - I know it probably does for Mick) if not for all the excesses they enjoyed when they toured in the 70s and 80s. But I doubt they would have done anything different if given the chance.

Last edited by In Your Dreams; 12-18-2023 at 03:30 PM..
Old 12-18-2023, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey said that one of the reasons he did Tango was to get Mick out of bankruptcy. He did not say those exact words but almost.
Mick implied that in his book.
Old 12-18-2023, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Mick implied that in his book.
Just shows who decision it was "in total" to get rid of Lindsey in 2018. I do know that Lindsey and Christine were very helpful during MF bankruptcy.