Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2023, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She plays Rhiannon for 2 hours non-stop
You still cry out for her
And when she finishes at the 2 hour mark, Lindsey is still only into the second verse of NGBA on his side of the stage. (Because, since it's the absolute worst setlist, we may as well have them playing different songs at the same time.)
Old 10-27-2023, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Don’t know why it says DownOnRodeo posted that set list since I did.
Don't worry, Tony. No one would believe a "worst set list" by me would include such delicious Lindsey album fare as Empire State and Oh Diane!
Old 10-28-2023, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Don't worry, Tony. No one would believe a "worst set list" by me would include such delicious Lindsey album fare as Empire State and Oh Diane!
I wasn’t worried but curious—how could that even happen?
Old 10-28-2023, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Because OP was quoting two different users, so they had to manually create a quote hypertext (?) for one of us. I do that often myself.
Old 10-28-2023, 11:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I was responding to several people in one post and attributed a setlist to the wrong person. The issue has been fixed.
Old 10-28-2023, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I’m not going to include Chris in this so let’s just pretend S&L are the only ones singing…

When I See You Again
Empire State
Welcome to the Room, Sara
Only Over You (Stevie)
GYPSY INTRO STORY
Gypsy (Stevie alone with a piano)
GYPSY FOLLOW UP STORY
Never Going Back Again (.5 bpm of the last show, it takes 11 minutes)
Landslide (Stevie and Waddy. Lindsey plays Chris’s piano parts)
Big Love (slowed tempo, similar vibe as NGBA)
Say You Love Me (a la 2009)
I’m So Afraid (no solo, just Lindsey with an acoustic)
Family Man
Silver Girl
Come
Go Your Own Way (lowered three more keys)
Warm Ways (Lindsey whispering, Stevie on keys)
Free Fallin’
TOM PETTY STORY
Songbird (Stevie on vocals, Mick on a drum, Sheryl Crow on piano)
Old 10-28-2023, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Because OP was quoting two different users, so they had to manually create a quote hypertext (?) for one of us. I do that often myself.
Oh, ok. I think I understand
Old 10-28-2023, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I was responding to several people in one post and attributed a setlist to the wrong person. The issue has been fixed.
Thanks for the explanation. I honestly thought it was the actual software for the site spitting out wrong info.
Old 10-28-2023, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The On with the Show Final Farewell Tour 2024

Lineup - Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, and Sheryl Crow (replacing Christine as promised)

Monday Morning
The Chain
Dreams

-(10 minute Stevie welcome speech introducing her "best friend in the whole world" Sheryl Crow joining the band on Chris' songs, let's get this party started!)

Say You Love Me (Sheryl Lead)
Sheryl's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Trophy Presentation
Just Crazy Love (Sheryl Lead)
Come (solo acoustic)
Everybody Finds Out
Not That Funny
Isn't It Midnight (Sheryl Lead)
Strong Enough to Be My Man (Stevie/Sheryl Duet)
All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun (Sheryl Solo)
Holiday Road
Tusk (Sheryl on accordion)
Rhiannon (slow version with Sheryl on piano)
Say Goodbye (with long Lindsey speech for healing and forgiveness)
Landslide (dedicated to Stevie's Barbie Doll)
Stand Back/Barbie Girl Medley
Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You (dedicated to Sheryl, best friend in the whole world with drinking fountain montage)
Big Love
Murrow Turning Over in His Grave
Everywhere/Soak up the Sun (Sheryl on Lead)
World Turning (with 15-minute Mick drum vest solo)
Welcome to the Room Sara
Go Your Own Way
10 minute Stevie speech about Christine - other best friend in the whole world)

Encore 1
Songbird (Sheryl on vocals and piano, Stevie on Maracas)

Encore 2
Don't Do Me Like That (Tom Petty Tribute, best male friend in the whole world speech)

Last edited by WatchChain; 10-28-2023 at 09:17 PM..
Old 10-29-2023, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
Ha! I would actually pay good money to see this show simply because it would be so different from the same old, same old!

Yes, it would be interesting to see.
Old 10-29-2023, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed several songs were chosen that were never performed live before, and that we think would sound awful based on how much we dislike the recorded song. That’s different, I think, from songs that FM have performed live that now sound awful. I have three examples; Never Going Back Again- a truly beautiful song that, in some misguided sense of passion I guess, Lindsey has unfortunately turned into a caricature of a song. Gypsy- part of it may be Stevie isn’t capable of singing it as well anymore, but what she’s done to compensate instead makes it even worse. A shadow of the song it used to be live, or is on the recording. Big Love is another example- I like the recorded version a lot, but the way it is performed live makes it a completely different song. Imagine Dragons played Big Love at MusisCares years ago, and it was awesome. If Imagine Dragons can do it justice, surely FM could!

What songs do you think FM performed poorly in the past, due to the arrangement or age or whatever?
Old 10-29-2023, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I noticed several songs were chosen that were never performed live before, and that we think would sound awful based on how much we dislike the recorded song. That’s different, I think, from songs that FM have performed live that now sound awful. I have three examples; Never Going Back Again- a truly beautiful song that, in some misguided sense of passion I guess, Lindsey has unfortunately turned into a caricature of a song. Gypsy- part of it may be Stevie isn’t capable of singing it as well anymore, but what she’s done to compensate instead makes it even worse. A shadow of the song it used to be live, or is on the recording. Big Love is another example- I like the recorded version a lot, but the way it is performed live makes it a completely different song. Imagine Dragons played Big Love at MusisCares years ago, and it was awesome. If Imagine Dragons can do it justice, surely FM could!

What songs do you think FM performed poorly in the past, due to the arrangement or age or whatever?
I don't think the band performed any songs poorly in the past. That was the beauty of the band. They were a different animal in concert. Big Love during the Dance was mind blowing. We never heard any version of the song live before and Lindsey's take was really good. In the last few tours with him, it was one of least favorite songs they performed.
I think we all like the older live versions of Over My Head and Rhiannon. Even Say You Love Me had a quicker tempo compared to the album. I love the almost country version of Gypsy on the Mirage tour. Eyes of the World was so much better in concert as was Over and Over. The issue I have was when technology made it easier for the band to sound like the album versions of the songs. Everything post 1997. I much prefer Little Lies in 1987 and 1990 compared to when Lindsey came back. I love his rocking ending he put on the song but I love those loud keyboards at the beginning and the song was bouncier compared to when Lindsey came back. Sisters of the Moon was better than the album on the Tusk and Mirage tour. But with OWTS it was horrible. It was neutered and Stevie could not do the song justice vocally either.
I never cared for any version of World Turning Live. I hate to say it but I think unconsciously Stevie ruins it. No live version has the magic of the album.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

I actually like some of the songs that I included on my list. The selections that I made were more targeted at novelty songs like "Lizard People" and "Did You Ever Love Me", both of which I adore. It's certainly possible that there are certain songs that would surprisingly translate well live, but at this current juncture, that list is dwindling given that Lindsey's and Stevie's voices are deteriorating in quality. The studio version of "Sisters of the Moon" is terrific and the live versions found on the Tusk and Mirage tour are almost as good, but the quality absolutely tanked by the 2013 tour and On With the Show. I still enjoy the acoustic rendition of "Big Love" but would welcome a rendition that's more faithful to the studio recording.

As for other songs that FM has performed poorly in the past, I wasn't a fan of "Not That Funny" on their 2013 tour or even their original Tusk tour, but I love the studio version. "Hold Me" doesn't translate perfectly live, but it wasn't performed poorly. I don't understand why Fleetwood Mac kept "Blue Letter" in their live set up until 1990. In my opinion, that was a wasted slot.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I actually like some of the songs that I included on my list. The selections that I made were more targeted at novelty songs like "Lizard People" and "Did You Ever Love Me", both of which I adore. It's certainly possible that there are certain songs that would surprisingly translate well live, but at this current juncture, that list is dwindling given that Lindsey's and Stevie's voices are deteriorating in quality. The studio version of "Sisters of the Moon" is terrific and the live versions found on the Tusk and Mirage tour are almost as good, but the quality absolutely tanked by the 2013 tour and On With the Show. I still enjoy the acoustic rendition of "Big Love" but would welcome a rendition that's more faithful to the studio recording.

As for other songs that FM has performed poorly in the past, I wasn't a fan of "Not That Funny" on their 2013 tour or even their original Tusk tour, but I love the studio version. "Hold Me" doesn't translate perfectly live, but it wasn't performed poorly. I don't understand why Fleetwood Mac kept "Blue Letter" in their live set up until 1990. In my opinion, that was a wasted slot.
The best part of Not That Funny live was Chris's honky tonk piano playing. It also made for some great visuals during the Mirage show. But on the Dance, I dont think Chris played on Not That Funny. The real piano was sort of retired after 1987
Old 10-29-2023, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The studio version of "Sisters of the Moon" is terrific and the live versions found on the Tusk and Mirage tour are almost as good, but the quality absolutely tanked by the 2013 tour and On With the Show.
By the 2013 and 2015 tours, pre-recorded backing tracks were being used in most live concerts by classic rock acts.

Those live versions of "Sisters of the Moon" were basically Stevie doing karaoke to a pre-recorded track. This is a perfect example of how pre-recorded backing tracks have ruined the live music industry. No spontaneity.