Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2022, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Well, Street Angel was her first bomb- I forget where it peaked, maybe in the Billboard top 50? And no hit single, either. Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind got some airplay but didn’t make the top 40. So her star had vastly diminished by the time the Dance came around. But honestly, I think back then she wanted FM to get back together, not just for her own career but because she genuinely had the desire to be with them again. Billy wrote in his book that when FM was approached about playing at the inauguration, it was Stevie who called him and asked if he would step out and let Lindsey play with FM again, and I don’t think he would lie about that. And despite what many folks say here, I do believe that moment in Landslide was sincere between Lindsey and Stevie- I don’t believe it any other time, but I believed it that one time, yes. They reconnected over the course of those two nights, which made the concert so watchable.

I only mention this because I believe the Dance was more than just an opportunity to regain their luster and fame as a band… it was also an opportunity to repair their relationships, all of them, and it worked. It just didn’t stick.
I don't think it ever worked. It was pretend. Chris wanted out and warned everyone to not ask her to stay or do anymore gigs. Stevie and Lindsey went through a pretend show every night. Stevie did not like working with Lindsey on Say You Will. Didn't Chris reveal in an interview several years ago that Stevie and Lindsey never got along even on the Dance tour. Those hugs were fake kid.
If you watch the Dance rehearsal interviews they get asked why they got back together especially Lindsey after leaving the psychos behind. They never give convincing answers. They heard Irving tell them the cash cow the Eagles reunion was and it was more about money than legacy. The late 90s was the time touring made tons of money over making music/albums. In the 70s and 80s bands could make more on record sales than touring. In the late 90s they started selling all those premium packages and tickets prices went through the roof. All the money today since the late 90s is from touring. Stevie probably made more money on her 24K Gold tour than all of her solo tours combined. Many nights she was grossing over 1 million from one show.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-31-2022 at 04:59 AM..