The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Is Bruce Jenner really having a sex change?
No - that is just a rumor 0 0%
Yes - he is really lesbian 3 42.86%
No - he is just experimenting with plastic surgery 0 0%
Yes - that is what living with those Kardashians will do to you 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2015, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Is Bruce Jenner really having a sex change?

Is Bruce Jenner really having a sex change?
Old 02-28-2015, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's pretty obvious.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:43 AM

Bruce Jenner Comes Out As Transgender

Bruce Jenner has come out as transgender.

The 65-year-old made the revelation during a special with Diane Sawyer on ABC's "20/20" Friday night.

"I'm me. I'm a person. This is who I am. I'm not stuck in anybody's body. My brain is much more female than male," Jenner said. "For all intents and purposes, I am a woman. People look at me differently. They see you as this macho male, but my heart and my soul and everything that I do in life it is part of me, that female side is part of me. That's who I am. I was not genetically born that way. ... As of now I have all the male parts and all that kind of stuff so in a lot of ways we're different, but we still identify as female. And that's very hard for Bruce Jenner today. Why? I don't want to disappoint people."

Jenner said he is sexually attracted to women. He was careful to emphasize the difference between gender and sexuality. As a child, he dressed in women's clothing. He also revealed that he has gone out in public dressed as a woman for years.

"It was that important to you that you’d take that kind of risk?" Sawyer asked.

"Absolutely," he replied.

Jenner said being on a show like "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" is not a hindrance; It gives him a platform to be able to have real impact.

"We’re going to change the world," he told Sawyer. "I really firmly believe that we’re going to make a difference in the world."

Support came in almost instantly.

"Today, millions of people learned that someone they know is transgender," GLAAD president and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said in a statement to The Huffington Post. "By sharing this story, Bruce Jenner has shined a light on what it means to be transgender and live authentically in the face of unimaginable public scrutiny. Though Jenner's journey is one that is deeply personal, it is also one that will impact and inspire countless people around the world."

While on the red carpet at Variety's Power of Women luncheon on Friday, Jenner's stepdaughter Kim Kardashian said her family members planned to watch the program together.

“I think everybody can learn from his story and I'm excited for him to be able to share that," Kardashian said when asked what her daughter, North, can eventually learn from Jenner. "We all just support him 100 percent. I hate so badly when I see things [like] my mom doesn't support him, or this sister doesn't support him. It's all just a story that people want to put out there. None of us have spoken and we're letting Bruce speak first.”

The Huffington Post reached out to Kardashian and Jenner family representatives, but they have not yet commented.

Named the "world's greatest athlete" when he won the decathlon gold at the 1976 Olympics, Jenner joined the Kardashian family when he married Kris in 1991. He became a stepparent to Kourtney, Kim, Khloe and Rob Kardashian, and later welcomed two daughters with Kris, Kendall and Kylie Jenner. He has been a central figure on the family's E! reality show since its premiere in 2007. He and Kris announced they were splitting in 2013 after 22 years of marriage.

The former Olympian was previously married to Linda Thompson and Chrystie Scott, and had two children with each of them. Scott recently said she supports Jenner "in whatever he chooses to do."

Note: Though Jenner has come out as “for all intents and purposes a woman,” he has not yet indicated that he would like to be known by a new name or female pronouns, so this story uses male pronouns.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...ef=mostpopular
Old 04-25-2015, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

People have such a problem with transgender. Not sure why. Let her live her life and I'll live mine.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
People have such a problem with transgender. Not sure why. Let her live her life and I'll live mine.
I think a lot of people don't understand how someone can want a sex change without being gay.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I think a lot of people don't understand how someone can want a sex change without being gay.
I guess because gender identity and sexual preference are two different things. Otherwise the reverse would also be true, how could someone be gay without wanting to change sex?

Feeling you are trapped in the wrong body has nothing to do with whether you are attracted to men, women or aircraft
Old 06-20-2015, 02:20 PM

If someone hasn't already seen:

Old 06-23-2015, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
If someone hasn't already seen:

They did a nice job on her.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-24-2015, 06:59 AM

I hope you're referring to Caitlyn because Jessica is all natural!
Old 06-25-2015, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I hope you're referring to Caitlyn because Jessica is all natural!
Caitlyn of course.LOL.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-30-2015, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why can't some people understand the difference between sexual orientation and gender orientation?

Homosexual people are simply attracted to their own gender.

Transgender people feel they aren't the gender they should be. Though they changed their gender, their sexual orientation hasn't changed.

Now that Bruce's gender orientation is that of a woman, her attraction to women remains. Caitlyn is a lesbian.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 06-30-2015 at 05:01 AM..
Old 06-30-2015, 08:05 AM

I think it's because at school and other formative places we don't talk enough about it. Here sexual education comes and goes every few years and there still are some crazy over-religious people that are morally offended by these things, I guess it's the same with the most conservative Republicans in the U.S.
In my experience I received a bit of sex ed in schools and I've been lucky, but most of all I had to search for informations myself and almost all of my peers wouldn't do that.
I consider myself pretty open-minded but still the first time I asked myself about the difference between being homosexual and being transexual was at university when I started studying psychology; it's not that before I firmly believed that those who change their sex identity must also be gay, but I had never had the occasion to put much thought about it. That's the big mistake.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Caitlyn is a lesbian.
Are we living in Bizarro World?

Next your going to tell me he's going
to be on the cover of Wheaties again.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:10 AM

Why?
Transgenders should be addressed with the pronoun belonging to the gender achieved after their partial or total "transformation". So if Caitlyn likes women she is in fact a lesbian.
As for the Wheaties cover (which I had to Google-search), probably she's still a very athletic person so she could be on it again. For example Erika Ervin (she played Amazon Eve on American Horror Story: Freak Show) is a fitness trainer and appeared on several magazine covers.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 07-01-2015 at 07:24 AM..
Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unfortunately as is the problem with the Jenner/Kardashian lot everything has been played out in the media. While Caitlyn has done wonders for bringing transgender issues to the attention of millions, sadly she is also not necessarily doing all the publicity for purely selfless reasons. It is all about money and fame and keeping themselves in the limelight.

Sad really because a lot of good comes from it but everything is just a bit tacky and I'm not talking about the actual gender transformation.

Someone off of the topic, An interesting comment someone made on Facebook the other day in relation to an article saying a particular person was openly gay. The comment said "Funny how I've never heard of someone referred to as openly straight".