The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Carole King and Stevie dance off?

I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I've embarked on a Carole King obsession. (bad Kena!). Anywho, I could totally imagine Carole and Stevie (just imagine guys- just for fun- not for real) having a dance off. Carole doesn't have the moves Stevie has but she's got some great energy (at 68 she's doing pretty good I think!).
Starting at about 44 seconds check it out. She's so freaking cute...In a high school drama teacher, mom jeans wearing kind of way. Whatever she's putting in her cheerios she needs to pass it along to Stevie.

Wouldn't you love to see Stevie and Carole giggling, dancing, and singing together? I would.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 11-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's great Carole has the energy of a 17 year old at 68! You really are as young (or old) as you feel. It sucks and is another gripe I have about Stevie not wanting to put the effort anymore into dressing up onstage in different costumes nightly or the fuss about the boots being such a big pain now. She lost her spontaneity live and everything seems so staged and rehearsed with her now. Wouldn't we much rather have a fun filled show like Carole's? I love Stevie but she needs to step outside her comfort zone onstage and stop appearing so bummed out like she'd rather not even be there with her phoned in performances at top dollar prices and same show night after night, state to state.

Last edited by fringed n fab; 11-12-2010 at 01:25 PM..
Old 11-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess no one else around here adores Carole as much as I and fringed n fab do. She's no Stevie but she's still pretty awesome to me. Carole does dance like she learned her moves from a drunk frat boy. No offense. I hung out with a few frat boys back in my college days. Ahhh, those guys, the one's with the goat tied up behind their house. Wonder what that was about. Anywhooodles. Good Day yall.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 11-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to see that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kena View Post
I've been thinking about this a lot lately because I've embarked on a Carole King obsession. (bad Kena!). Anywho, I could totally imagine Carole and Stevie (just imagine guys- just for fun- not for real) having a dance off. Carole doesn't have the moves Stevie has but she's got some great energy (at 68 she's doing pretty good I think!).
Starting at about 44 seconds check it out. She's so freaking cute...In a high school drama teacher, mom jeans wearing kind of way. Whatever she's putting in her cheerios she needs to pass it along to Stevie.

Wouldn't you love to see Stevie and Carole giggling, dancing, and singing together? I would.

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 11-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What I admire from the video you posted was Carole's energy at her age and the fun she was having live. I think Stevie could use some of that pep in her shows today instead of appearing so bummed out sometimes. I know in her heart she still loves what she does but gets caught up in routinely planned out shows at times and when that happens it makes her appear like she's not even there. Lets hope this new album and tour gives her her joy back of doing it.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am a huuuuge Carole King fan, absolutely adore her songs and a=songwriting skills. I was lucky enough to see her and James on the Troubador reunion, and yes what an amazing energy! At 68!? If Tina can do it, Carole can do it, and even james in his 60 get up and about Stevie sure as heck can too. Everyone is different though, and maybe it is in her genes to just slow down at this age. Either way, at least stevie still gets out there, thats what I thank goodness for the most.

BTW I have recently been listening to Nightingale over and over, listen to that one Kena if you haven't already.

-Marty
Old 11-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I guess no one else around here adores Carole as much as I and fringed n fab do.
I like her. It's weird you bring her up, because
just the other day I found her Tapestry CD (w/
extra tracks) in one of my not so organized shelves.
And I had to play it.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whatever she's putting in her cheerios she needs to pass it along to Stevie.

Just by watching the video I realize they would be awesome to see dancing together. I've never heard of this woman before though! Thanks for sharing the video, and did you take it?

Haha, 'What she puts on her Cheerios,' I bet Steph's already had some