User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
Looks like there are quite a few only childs here on the Ledge! A few years ago, somebody I went to college with asked my why I'm an only child! I barely new this person...what a question to ask somebody.
As annoyed as I get when people think I'm majoring in business cause I just wanna make big money (guess what? It's possible to enjoy learning about business too and maybe you'd wanna make it your major), I think being asked that would be even worse.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 11-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I used to like being alone all the time. I would stay home and listen to music and sing or watch movies in my room.

My mother works, so I'm at home for about 6 hours by myself every week day, and before my step-father moved in I would be alone for an entire weekend. I realized that I had never been in a house by myself ("alone") before. I realized this after my cat died. There was always someone around. My sister would always be home with me when I was a kid and up until I was 15 (before she left for college). The week following putting Nemo down, I was home truly alone all the time. Before, he was always there to play with, and when he was sick I had him to take care of. I didn't like being alone at that point.

For things like movies and restaurants...I have no choice but to go with people because I don't have a car
Old 11-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Looks like there are quite a few only childs here on the Ledge! A few years ago, somebody I went to college with asked my why I'm an only child! I barely new this person...what a question to ask somebody.
Haha, that's so weird. What a thing to ask someone. People ask me why I have 11 brothers and sisters.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another only child here! I don't do much on my own, because the nearest town with anything good is like half an hour away, my friends live far from here aswell so I don't do much in general. When I do though I prefer going with like one or two people, don't like big groups at all cause they always seem to get "divided" at some point..
Old 11-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
For me, because Mom couldn't have kids, and I'm adopted. She wanted to adopt another, but Dad was a horse's ass, and didn't want any more.

WHAT is it, with you girls taking someone to the bathroom with you??? I almost can't even pee, if someone's running their mouth while I'm trying to start. I can't imagine ASKING someone to go to the bathroom with me.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Another only child checking in! It's funny, because growing up in school there were only a few of us.

I've been asked the "Why are you an only child?" question, too. I usually say because my parents got perfection on the first try.

As for the topic, I quite enjoy my solitude. I love just driving around with no destination. Surprisingly, I have never taken a true vacation by myself... definitely on my to-do list. I do hate dining out alone; it just feels awkward, even for me.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For me, because Mom couldn't have kids, and I'm adopted. She wanted to adopt another, but Dad was a horse's ass, and didn't want any more.

WHAT is it, with you girls taking someone to the bathroom with you??? I almost can't even pee, if someone's running their mouth while I'm trying to start. I can't imagine ASKING someone to go to the bathroom with me.
THIS SO HARD!! I hate when other people are in the bathroom with me. I literally can't pee if I think someone else can hear me (tmi, soz)

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 11-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
...For things like movies and restaurants...I have no choice but to go with people because I don't have a car
I don't have a car either. My great uncle did most of the driving for me and my mom. That is until last week or so when he had a stroke and is now in a nursing home. I'm working on the driving bit (started to a month or so ago when my uncle started having those symptoms)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Haha, that's so weird. What a thing to ask someone. People ask me why I have 11 brothers and sisters.
Why do you have 11 brothers and sisters...

Quote:
I definitely prefer being alone in the restroom/bathroom and quiet or else I can't go.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
THIS SO HARD!! I hate when other people are in the bathroom with me. I literally can't pee if I think someone else can hear me (tmi, soz)
It's not about them hearing me.....idk, it's like if they're talking, my brain's too busy listening to them, to relax enough to pee. Or I'm only able to let half out.
And guys in restrooms(especially in bars) are always talking at the urinals. Hey guys, STFU!!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can remember doing this as a teenager. Always in a public place though, like a party, or as I got a few years older, a nightclub. I can't remember WHY we would do it, though.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I can remember doing this as a teenager. Always in a public place though, like a party, or as I got a few years older, a nightclub. I can't remember WHY we would do it, though.
I never did this in high school and I wonder if it's because I went to all-girl's high school and it was just pointless? Like, you weren't doing it to go talk ABOUT a guy and you weren't doing it to get AWAY from a guy and you weren't doing it to put on makeup FOR a guy. No alterior motives!

I went to a concert alone last night, to a band that I really like but none of my friends are particularly into, or into enough to want to stand around long enough to have a good spot, and my roommate "congratulated" me on going alone. I basically was like "... I go to about half my concerts alone." Why is it something to be congratulated for?
Old 11-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Yeah, I can only understand doing it like at a party. I did this tonight, guys! And I actually thought about what I wrote here about me hating this exact thing! and I thought I was so hypocritical !!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Why do you have 11 brothers and sisters...
Well....when 2 people love each other. Just kidding. They're Step-brothers and sisters, but I love them all like real ones. I never call them step. I'm more close to my step siblings, also.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Well....when 2 people love each other. Just kidding. They're Step-brothers and sisters, but I love them all like real ones. I never call them step. I'm more close to my step siblings, also.
That's cool. My family is fairly small, only child and my dad was an only child. My mom has a brother and his wife and 2 kids in Kentucky. I have a great-uncle and aunt on my dad's mom side. There both in a nursing home now, along with my mom's mom. That's about it.

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 11-06-2010 at 10:32 PM..
Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's cool. My family is fairly small, only child and my dad was an only child. My mom has a brother and his wife and 2 kids in Kentucky. I have a great-uncle and aunt on my dad's mom side. There both in a nursing home now. That's about it.
Wow, that is a small family!! I have 11 siblings. My Mom has 3 siblings and My Dad has 7. Get this - my Grandmother on my father's side has 23 Grandchildren and 24 great grandchildren. It makes for huge family gatherings.