User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
It sucks already, without lindsey buckingham and the importance of his contributions to the band they simply
would not be able to exist right now.
I think you just said that to piss of LB fans. His guitar abilities outweigh both Vito and Burnett put together. And even with his modesty he even admitted that.
I also dont see Big Love, Never Going Back Again, Go Insane, Im So Afraid, Eyes Of the World, I know Im Not Wrong, Second Hand News. And absolutely nothing from the Recent Say You Will Album.

Hello, knock knock !! is anybody in there.
Who **** in your salad? This is a forum for fans of the 87-94 FM era. If his intent was to piss off LB fans he would have posted it in the LB forum. What a stupid post to make. Some people like the music of this era of the band. It is perfectly fine to make a wish list set list of a show they would like to see. He said nothing negative about Lindsey in his post at all.

So I will ask you, Knock Knock anyone home?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
lol, you can be such a snob, Chili. Seriously.
You KNOW I'm just yankin' chains, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
They cant do GOYW!!! thats tottaly LBs song, and it just doesnt work for Rick/Billy.
Have you HEARD their versions from the 1987/88 & 1990 tours? It kicks ass!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

too many Stevie solo though.
Not at all. You've got to see the Eagles' setlist. Don does about four solo songs. Joe does a solo song and a couple from James gang. Glenn does one or two.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jools, kudos for including "Walk Another Mile, "Got No Home" & "Intuition". But, I think you should've spread them out a bit...three Rick tunes in a row is a bit much, even for me.

Quote:
...too many Stevie solo though.
I counted one. "Rooms On Fire" (since "Stand Back" is now a Fleetwood Mac song, since it appeared on a Fleetwood Mac album)

Even if you count "Stand Back", that's two. And, who's to say he wasn't referring to the Allman Brothers' song and not the Stevie Nicks song.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

Rick is such a talented guitar player. I sent an email to him a while back just saying how much I appreciated his work. Surprisingly enough, he (or someone from his website) responded back.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Even if you count "Stand Back", that's two. And, who's to say he wasn't referring to the Allman Brothers' song and not the Stevie Nicks song.

that made me lol

Im just saying, If I were to go see this lineup, Id rather have Rick/Billy songs that I have NEVER heard [Ive declared myself a pure Rumours line up fan, but Im not totaly against branching out...].

And Im Not saying that thier version of GOYW sucks, just its LBs sig song, Like Rhiannon is Stevies, and YMLF is Chris'. It just seems like that those songs are reserved for those people. thats JMO though.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's been, what, 3 weeks without a dream setlist/lineup thread? Thank god, I was starting to worry.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdreamsunwindx View Post
It's been, what, 3 weeks without a dream setlist/lineup thread? Thank god, I was starting to worry.
seriously, i hate these.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Any lineup without Dave Mason or Bekka Bramlett is fine with me. Of course without Lindsey and Stevie, they would be opening up for Mr. Big, Trixter and Ratt on the County Fair circuit.
You know, relatively speaking, that "Time" tour can at least be dignified with the fact the album hadn't yet been released. At least they didn't stoop so low as to sing songs by Jon Bon Jovi or Brett Michaels on their album. Funny how THAT rarely gets mentioned.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac either needs to completely reinvent itself (i.e. stop trying to sound like Peter Green and/or "Rumours") or they need to break-up. What's noble about trying to relive something over 30 years old? At this point, it's gone from being sad to just being annoying.

And the one person in the band that I honestly feel bad for is John McVie. He is at the top of his game, and the band goes on another extended vacation. He should join an indie band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-31-2007, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Do you have it? I have never heard this version and I think that it would be my favourite version. I love The Chain from Tango Video, GYOW must be great too!!

Please upload it somewhere.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:29 AM

I kind of like the set list.... regardless of who it pisses off!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Fleetwood Mac either needs to completely reinvent itself (i.e. stop trying to sound like Peter Green and/or "Rumours") or they need to break-up. What's noble about trying to relive something over 30 years old? At this point, it's gone from being sad to just being annoying.

And the one person in the band that I honestly feel bad for is John McVie. He is at the top of his game, and the band goes on another extended vacation. He should join an indie band.
What a great idea!!! id love to see my favorite band break up and wither away!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Im just saying, If I were to go see this lineup, Id rather have Rick/Billy songs that I have NEVER heard [Ive declared myself a pure Rumours line up fan, but Im not totaly against branching out...].

And Im Not saying that thier version of GOYW sucks, just its LBs sig song, Like Rhiannon is Stevies, and YMLF is Chris'. It just seems like that those songs are reserved for those people. thats JMO though.
So what if it's LB's "sig song". So was "Oh Well" Peter Green's, but it was played during every tour after Peter Green left (until The Dance, that is...hasn't been done since...now THAT's a crime!). Even Lindsey did Bob Welch's "Hypnotized" and that's Welch's "sig song". It's just Fleetwood Mac's tradition that whoever joins the band pays their dues by singing songs of previous members. Hence Bekka singing both "YMLF" and "Gold Dust Woman" (and "Dreams", and "Say You Love Me"). And, those tunes are FLEETWOOD MAC tunes, not solo "sig songs".

I think that's where the coinciding solo careers hurt the parent band. People start getting confused over what's a band song & what's a solo song. (same thing happened in the latter day version of Genesis with Phil Collins, too)

Sure, I would've liked to have heard more from Rick & Billy, too, on the two tours they were together. And, during the '94/95 tour, I would've liked them to have done their own thing instead of relying so much on the Rumours and Dave Mason material. Had they just come out & packed the set with NEW material and mixed in a couple of Rumours tunes (and "Oh Well") and maybe one or two Dave Mason solo hits, I think that lineup would've gotten more respect. That is kind of the formula in what they did in '75...played a few Fleetwood Mac "oldies", added a couple of Buckingham Nicks tunes, and the rest of the set was their latest material and there you have it.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post
Band Lineup

Mick Fleetwood, John McVie. Christime Mcvie, Rick Vito, Billy Burnette & Stevie Nicks

The Set list i would like to see ( in no particular order)
(snip list)
I saw that lineup play in 1990. They did a bunch of these songs already. The ones I did like (going from memory) were:

1. In The Back Of My Mind
2. Seven Wonders
3. I Loved Another Woman
4. Go Your Own Way
5. Tear It Up

So we can leave those in. But I didn't like these:

1. The Chain
2. You Make Loving Fun
3. Little Lies
4. Gold Dust Woman
5. Dreams
6. Don't Stop
7. Stand Back

So I throw those out. Some of the others might sound really good with this lineup:

1. All Over Again
2. Sentimental Lady
3. Skies The Limit
4. Behind The Mask

Quote:
I would have no back up musicians and only a couple of backing singers.
That's fine, except check out my plan below.

I think a bunch of secret members of Fleetwood Mac should join & go out on the road. Given the fact that there are all these lineups with different levels of acceptance & popularity, all current members should put a paper bag over their heads so that you can't tell who is who. Next, have a CD player play the song (or have the backup army play it) & the "stars" out front will mimic it. Thus, if there is big applause for one guy with a bag over his head, the announcer can announce, "That was STEVIE NICKS! (or PETER GREEN)"

If the applause was for Billy Burnette or Christine McVie (medium applause), the announcer introduces "them," & so on & so forth.