Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never been to a concert

So, in lieu, I'd like to post a list of the top five concerts I wish I'd been to:

1. Stevie Nicks - Smirnoff Music Center - Dallas, TX - August 3, 2001
2. David Gray - The Backyard - Austin, TX - August 4, 2003
3. Fleetwood Mac - Century Tel Center - Bossier City, LA - August 9, 2003
4. Fleetwood Mac - Smirnoff Music Center - Dallas, TX - June 16, 2004
5. Various - Austin City Limits Music Festival - Austin, TX - September 17-19, 2004
Old 11-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jason, Pattie: Madison was the best concert. Just to be there to hear "Sara" "I Know Im Not Wrong" and the first/last "Dont let me down again"...priceless...

And yes, to see Pattie almost run over Lindsey in the parking lot was worth the airfare!

~Alex

Old 11-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
Jason, Pattie: Madison was the best concert. Just to be there to hear "Sara" "I Know Im Not Wrong" and the first/last "Dont let me down again"...priceless...

And yes, to see Pattie almost run over Lindsey in the parking lot was worth the airfare!

~Alex
the DVD of the Madison show is recommended

Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 11-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing

~Alex
Alex, does the word accomplice mean anything to you?

I forgot to add that I did get to exchange a few words with Ms. Nicks that night and I do mean a few words.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:30 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Junior Ledgie

1. Paul McCartney - Madison Square Garden - April 27, 2002 (the greatest day of my entire life...however it might be topped when he tours next summer!!!!!!)

2. Fleetwood Mac - Tweeter Center Camden, NJ - Sept. 12, 2004 got to shake hands with Lindsey!!!

3. Stevie Nicks - Sovereign Center Reading, PA - Sept 8, 2001

4. Fleetwood Mac - HersheyPark Stadium - June 12, 2004

5. John Mayer and The Counting Crows - Tweeter Center Camden, NJ
Old 11-17-2004, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

1. FM Oklahoma City july 1st 2003. Still crying.
2. Eels/Screaming Trees (december 93/94???)
3. FM London 29 november 2003. Standing next to Neil (nodmod) and right in front of Lindsey.....(sharon, have we actually met?????)
4. Pearl Jam pinkpop 1992 What an energy, what a voice, what a songs!!!
5. Drivin'n'Cryin' Nijmegen 1992 Still suffering from headache due to bangin' after a heartwrenching first acoustic countyrockset, they plugged in and rocked out like AC/DC in their best years, except that these songs were a lot better.

Old 11-17-2004, 07:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's see:

Fleetwood Mac-The Dance 1997-first time I saw Lindsey live!!!!!
Fleetwood Mac-Say You Will tour
Moody Blues tour 1987 or so
CSN
Springsteen 1984 and 85
Paul McCartney

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 11-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
Blondie - Shepherd's Bush Empire November 2003
Although I was sad they didn't play Union City Blue
I have a DVD of that show somewhere and it was awesome (even though I haven't watched the whole thing yet)! The songs I wanted to hear most on the current tour were Golden Rod, War Child, Shayla, and Union City Blue. I never did get to hear Golden Rod, dammit, but War Child rocks.

Old 11-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David Bowie: Feb '04 Phoenix, AZ

Heart: August '04 Austin

Fleetwood Mac: July 03' Dallas

Cheap Trick: 03' Austin

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: '03 Austin

Stevie Nicks: '02 Dallas (although the crowd SUCKED at this show, I still managed to enjoy myself. If Stevie had been a lesser perfomer it would have been a terrible experience.)

The Hives: SXSW '04

The B-52's: SXSW '04
Old 11-17-2004, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Oy, how could I forget him? All of the Bowie concerts I've been to have been mind-blowing, he gets better with age!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller

Heart: August '04 Austin

Fleetwood Mac: July 03' Dallas

Cheap Trick: 03' Austin

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: '03 Austin

Stevie Nicks: '02 Dallas (although the crowd SUCKED at this show, I still managed to enjoy myself. If Stevie had been a lesser perfomer it would have been a terrible experience.)

The Hives: SXSW '04

The B-52's: SXSW '04
Let's see, 1, 2, 3. I was at 3 of those! Heart, FM and Stevie.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
Already a fan of The Bondies...how is Auf Der Maur? Haven't heard anything yet but am highly curious.
Auf Der Maur - not that great. I saw them twice this year, at that show and at the Curiousa Festival. Don't get me wrong, Melissa Auf Der Maur is an awesome bassist, and not a bad singer, she just doesn't hold your attention very well, her lyrics leave a lot to be desired, etc. It wasn't awful, but you know...it wasn't great.
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered
Old 11-17-2004, 05:16 PM
trackaghost
Old 11-17-2004, 05:59 PM
trackaghost
Old 11-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First few are in order the rest are random.

1. FM Live in Boston show for DVD, I managed to get up front in front of Stevie's mic with just 2 pp in front of me. I still can't believe it! What a magical night.

2. Stevie during Enchanted tour in July '98 in Phoenix for AHI benefit. The AHI folks had not worked out the kinks yet and I did NOT get to meet Stevie at the after party which was the whole reason I went! However, the show was amazing because I had a front row seat. Stevie came to take my hand first during Edge and grabbed both of them, wowza!!

3. Woodstock '94. Most memorable were Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, Joe Cocker (was right up front, crazy!), and the bad ass Metallica who no one could touch. Their sound was incredible. That was no accident because their sound check was like a half hour long, they are pros. Also, the first thing I saw when I got there was Jackyl on stage and the lead singer had his pants around his ankles. No, I'm not kidding. I was like, "I'm at Woodstock, man." Hehe.

4. Susan Tedeschi at the Ranch House (we call it the Raunch House). This is a dive bar on the south shore of MA but she packed the place and the energy was crazy, you just knew things were really going to happen for her. I forget the year cuz I'm terrible with linear time (a quality I share with La Nicks) but the following year I saw her at the Fleet Boston pavilion which is significantly larger and more prestigious!!

5. Heart this summer at Fleet Boston. Ann can still wail, Nancy is still smokin and can play her ass off. That show was sooooo good.

6. Nancy Wilson solo, it was such an intimate show at the Paradise. It was surreal to see her in a tiny venue!!

7. No Doubt at Avalon in Boston. Again a small club and you just knew Gwen was going to be huge. The energy was crazy!! I made it down front but I was wearing clogs, which I didn't think would be a problem. Until the band started and everyone started jumping up and down! I was like, "What the?" I felt so old!

8. Joan Osbourne, again at Avalon. The woman has soul.

9. Guns n Roses and Sound Garden in the early 90s. We waited for 2 hours for Guns to start. Meanwhile the camera operators kept the crowd entertained by encouraging women to flash. That was different. I thought Chris Cornell was a total freak. That was when he had the long hair and all the facial hair. He did this thing where he whipped his head around in a circle and his hair was going all over the place, he looked positively demonic!!!

10. Monsters of Rock back in the day. I loved Scorpions and could not believe how good they sounded. Even though they were kind of a cheesy band, their sound was really great and I always loved that singer's voice. I did almost pass out from the heat though, man was it hot that day! And I was so cool in the back of my friend's tranny, hehe. Crazy days, man.

11. Tom Petty at the Fleet Center a couple of years ago. He is soo awesome live you have to see him. And he has such heart.

I've been to TONS of shows!
Old 11-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel VERY lucky to have either attended the exact same shows (Dallas with Gerald, FM in London), or seen some of the other bands mentioned on the same tour.

Since we're going past 5 - I've got a few more:

1. Pearl Jam opening for the Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Coliseum, Austin, TX - 1991-ish? Eddie Vedder climbed up the scaffolding like a monkey. This was when a lot of people had not even heard of Pearl Jam.

2. Guns and Roses-1991-The only truly sold out show I've ever attended at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin. Our seats were behind the stage. We saw Axl Rose changing clothes, and his tighty-whities! I circled around the entire arena during Live and Let Die. Good times.

3. Def Leppard's first US tour, opening for the Scorpions and Ted Nugent. WOW!
Old 11-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
2. Guns and Roses-1991-The only truly sold out show I've ever attended at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin. Our seats were behind the stage. We saw Axl Rose changing clothes, and his tighty-whities! I circled around the entire arena during Live and Let Die. Good times.
Was that the tour with Faith No More? My husband saw that show (mainly for Metallica and F.N.M.) and said that Axl acted like a spoiled brat and left the stage refusing to play the rest of the set for some stupid, minor thing. GNR was a great band, too bad they couldn't hold it together.