Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default MFBB At Sutton Grange Winery

Wow! What a concert! I loved every moment of it! And my spot in the General Admission was most desirable!
Rick Vito was fabulous! Indeed, he was the most energetic performer for the entire night! He fills in for Peter Green so well!
My favourite songs of the night were "Oh Well" (a fantastic rendition), "Black Magic Woman" (Rick stressed to everyone about how it was a Peter Green/FM song), "Red Hot Gal", "Rattlesnake Shake", "Stop Messin' Around", and "Shake Your Moneymaker". Sadly, there was no "Albatross"...
Of course Michael McDonald performed, as did Boz Scaggs. Both were very enjoyable (particularly "What A Fool Believes" by MM and "Lido Shuffle" by BS), although I was very tired by the end of the night (only five hours sleep the night before), so I didn't mind it when everything finished...
Unfortunately, I didn't find a good opportunity to shout "CHAMPION RICK!" like I did with Lindsey Buckingham at the 15 Dec concert, although I probably would've felt a little conspicuous and embarrassed anyway...
I only saw one other person wearing an Unleashed shirt (they were wearing the brown version, while I wore the black one). Also, as a result of wearing the shirt, I was asked by someone to confirm that Christine mcVie wasn't touring with FM anymore (apparently a group of friends was having an intense debate about it... ).
My mum and I tucked into a very nice bottle of Fairbank Cabernet Sauvignon. Surprisingly, there's still some left!
And I bought the Blue Again CD (I'm listening to "Black Magic Woman" as I'm writing this sentence). I'll probably go and buy the DVD soon...
I almost forgot - I saw John Brumby, the Victorian Premier (only my mum realised at the time), and the father of a FM band manager who managed for 20 years. We didn't get much of a chance to speak, however...
Well, do any other Ledgies have any experiences to share about that night?
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 02-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd forgotten you were going to this, jaycee! Thanks for your fun review....now more than ever I hope they get a US tour ramped up for this summer.

Have fun polishing off the rest of that cab! Hey -- didn't Mick have a booth where they were selling his wines?

Thanks again!
Old 02-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
I'd forgotten you were going to this, jaycee! Thanks for your fun review....now more than ever I hope they get a US tour ramped up for this summer.

Have fun polishing off the rest of that cab! Hey -- didn't Mick have a booth where they were selling his wines?

Thanks again!
I'm glad you liked my (brief) review!
Yeah, Mick should've set up a stall for his wines after his performance!
One thing I didn't mention that slightly disappointed me - it was a short performance... I think it was only about an hour. However, that may be more to do with the fact that there were four acts to get through! After all, the first performer (can't remember who, but let's just say they did modern acoustic guitar, and I rarely like modern music) took a half hour to finish), and MM and BS were each on for only a bit more than an hour, and the night finished around 10:30, so...
Perhaps in the US they may get a gig that'll allow them to do a longer performance. In the meantime, watch the Blue Again DVD! (I personally settled for just the CD, as both the CD and DVD were $25 each at the winery, but I usually listen to CDs much more often. In fact, I don't own any music/concert DVDs! )
Old 02-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A gallery of pics from that concert, MFBB, Boz, and McDonald (Photos by Garry Chapman):

http://www.pbase.com/gazza54/fleetwoodscaggs10

Last edited by OldTimer; 02-22-2010 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Should give photographer credit :)
Old 02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks a bunch for finding these!