Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was forced to actually eat a meal as my Brother, his Girlfriend and her Children came to visit for their Sunday Dinner. I had Quorn Chicken, Roast Potatoes and Parsnips, a Yorkshire Pudding, a little Stuffing and Carrots. The Parsnips were *drool*
Old 01-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chili Relleno, an enchilada, and a taco. That would be combo #3, at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Nashville.

The manager's name is Nacho. How fkn funny is that?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I was forced to actually eat a meal as my Brother, his Girlfriend and her Children came to visit for their Sunday Dinner. I had Quorn Chicken, Roast Potatoes and Parsnips, a Yorkshire Pudding, a little Stuffing and Carrots. The Parsnips were *drool*
You have to be english, right?

I had food from Five Guys Burgers and Fries tonight.
Needless to say, I am encouraging the Fat American Stereotype
Old 01-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
You have to be english, right?

Aye. That I am. It's a well known fact that not having a Roast on a Sunday is illegal here
Old 01-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Aye. That I am. It's a well known fact that not having a Roast on a Sunday is illegal here
hahah, thats not too bad. not having saturated fat included in every meal and snack is illegal here. don't worry
Old 01-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post

Okay Five Guys is Amazing! I had it the first time in August and I've been dying to have it again but I haven't. The sad thing is it's only 10 minutes from my house.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A hummus and bean sprouts wrap from Trader Joes, a Bosc pear (shout out to my girl Kristen Buckingham!), some grapes and some honey mustard pretzels.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:57 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
A hummus and bean sprouts wrap from Trader Joes, a Bosc pear (shout out to my girl Kristen Buckingham!), some grapes and some honey mustard pretzels.
Or...

BOOYA

(Pot roast, spaetzle, heirloom carrots)
Old 01-03-2011, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A hummus and bean sprouts wrap from Trader Joes,
I just heard, two nights ago, that my town is getting, the first Southern Indiana's Trader Joes. I can't wait!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I just heard, two nights ago, that my town is getting, the first Southern Indiana's Trader Joes. I can't wait!
*sigh* I so miss Trader Joe's. Austin has none because Whole Foods is headquartered here. Whole Foods is so insanely pricey, but the wonderful thing about TJ's is they're just dirt cheap. Especially for things like produce and wine.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
*sigh* I so miss Trader Joe's. Austin has none because Whole Foods is headquartered here. Whole Foods is so insanely pricey, but the wonderful thing about TJ's is they're just dirt cheap. Especially for things like produce and wine.
I've just heard SOOOOOOOO much about "Two buck Chuck"(so many references, in so many contexts), that I'm curious, beyond belief!
Old 01-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I've just heard SOOOOOOOO much about "Two buck Chuck"(so many references, in so many contexts), that I'm curious, beyond belief!
That's what I miss most of all! Though it's nothing spectacular at all, it's easily better than a majority of wines costing many times more. And once you get used to buying very drinkable wine for $3, it's hard to go back! I love TJ's almond champagne too... God, that stuff was good!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG, TJ's is phenomenal. Their business model is all about cutting out the middle man (90% of everything is TJ brand), every day low prices (i.e., no weekly specials) and most importantly for me, selling mostly organic and vegan products. And from what I can tell, the TJ brand products, especially in the frozen food aisle, are EXCELLENT. I love TJ because they are such an F*** You to the mega-corporate food empire. You don't see toxic food conglomerates like Kraft, Kelloggs and Nabisco represented here. The only downside is limited selection- they basically carry only one version of each item. But really... do we need to roam down aisles with 15 different brands of penne pasta? TJ's $1.29 whole wheat penne is good enough for me!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG, TJ's is phenomenal. Their business model is all about cutting out the middle man (90% of everything is TJ brand), every day low prices (i.e., no weekly specials) and most importantly for me, selling mostly organic and vegan products. And from what I can tell, the TJ brand products, especially in the frozen food aisle, are EXCELLENT. I love TJ because they are such an F*** You to the mega-corporate food empire. You don't see toxic food conglomerates like Kraft, Kelloggs and Nabisco represented here. The only downside is limited selection- they basically carry only one version of each item. But really... do we need to roam down aisles with 15 different brands of penne pasta? TJ's $1.29 whole wheat penne is good enough for me!
Wow, wow, wow. I can't wait! I just heard, at the NYE party I went to, that TJ's is coming to my town. I just heard, also, that there's one in Indianapolis(about an hour away), and I had been planning on hitting that one, on my next trip. But now I can wait, until we get our own. It will have tremendous success in my town.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, wow, wow. I can't wait! I just heard, at the NYE party I went to, that TJ's is coming to my town. I just heard, also, that there's one in Indianapolis(about an hour away), and I had been planning on hitting that one, on my next trip. But now I can wait, until we get our own. It will have tremendous success in my town.

If you think it will be a tremendous success in your town, imagine an A-bomb explosion in NYC, home of the $3 tomato. Back when TJ's first store opened near Union Square, there were literally lines down the block just to get into the store. Even today, there are still lines to get into TJ Wines, which is a separate store next door. I heard somewhere that this TJ receives 10,000 customers every day and has the highest gross revenue per square foot of any store in the entire city. It's a tiny store too- perhaps as big as a typical pharmacy.