User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
It doesn't appear that Jeremy Spencer is on this album. If he's not on the album, does anyone know why he is pictured in the CD booklet? Also, in the liner notes it mentions that Christine was involved in the recording sessions for this album. I can't hear her anywhere. Does anyone know if she played on any of these songs?
I have wondered this myself. She says she sang some vocal harmonies on it, but outside of When You Say (the album's only weak song) I can't imagine where those harmonies would be. I do hear a piano at the end of Coming Your Way which DOES sound like Christine's tasteful, subdued playing, but it might be Jeremy.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 04-30-2013 at 10:36 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Oh Jeremy, wherefore art thou...

In any case, it doesn't surprise me that Jeremy is pictured in TPO as those kinds of pictures don't necessarily mean there are playing on it. Like when they lip synch on TV shows and music videos, those don't always measure up either. Hopefully ChilliD can back this up with a list of such other relasses? (Chilli - wherefore art thou?)

Jeremy did confirm here that he did play the piano on Oh Well Part 2 (though many would not consider this a TPO song since it originally was released as a single only and not on the original copies though WYS & MD were booted off the vinyl TPO's in the 1977
reissues (though not the cassettes).

In any case, hopefully Jeremy can clear this up for us here as I've always been curious about it as well.

John
Old 05-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Junior Ledgie

anyone not familiar with the vinyl original could do well to ask Prof Stoned about it.
the current cd sounds dreadful and is not in the original order. WB should have the masters forcibly removed from their vault for such a cheap and shoddy package.
Google is your friend
enjoy
Old 05-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jeremy did say once on the Ledge that he didn't know who played piano on Coming Your Way- Here's the link

http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/ledge/sh...60#post1051360

I've often wondered about that bit of piano as well. I kind of hope it was Christine, in a way. I just can't hear her alleged backing vocals at all on When You Say, which I have to admit I try to avoid listening to! Maybe is they remastered TPO we might get to hear her if they removed all the extraneous noise....

Well, there you go. My first post after about 18 years reading the Ledge. What on earth took me so long?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanx for the link, Scarrott. I am laughing because when I read through it I see the person who originally asked the question about it was me! I guess I'm still wondering...