Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2021, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Haha.

In all honesty I do not have any shrines...just had a conversation with friends the other day that I actually do not have any physical music anymore...got rid of everything when I moved to NYC 15 years ago. All digital now, same with tv and film. I never have been into memorabilia other than getting one t-shirt per concert.

But the closest thing to a shrine I have are my books...I guess I have an Agatha Christie shrine with all of her novels and story collections...while I made the digital transition for music, I am too attached to physical books so only do ebook when I have to.

I'm in the process of ~most likely~ moving, and I've reached the closet where all that memorabilia lives. I've got folders of every FM article I could ever clip. Posters. A Tusk tour book. I can never throw that sh*t away...
Old 09-10-2021, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm in the process of ~most likely~ moving, and I've reached the closet where all that memorabilia lives. I've got folders of every FM article I could ever clip. Posters. A Tusk tour book. I can never throw that sh*t away...
It's SO difficult. Good luck with the move. In June I gave away ten books by another favorite author and felt good about it but then last week I bought ALL of them again. Oy.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's SO difficult. Good luck with the move. In June I gave away ten books by another favorite author and felt good about it but then last week I bought ALL of them again. Oy.
Ugh. I have done this same thing.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Too many here would revel in the horrible luck I've experienced this past summer, so I won't share that(the reason I'm moving)...BUT, Facebook Marketplace is the bomb! I've sold $6800 worth of CRAP in the past month. I list a dozen things a day, and my phone blows up(which drives me crazy), but I'll sell half of the sh*t I put on there.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey fans are equally in a cult. You are proving my point. Everything you say about Stevie fans like can be applied to yourself.
Where did I prove my point? Did I say something to support him in my last post? The man has many flaws and I don’t deny them.
But Stevie.... nah, he “must have done something” for her to ask his firing.

Please, there’s an ocean between both fandoms. We don’t go around smelling Lindsey’s farts and asking to be touched by his magic wand...
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-10-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Haha.

In all honesty I do not have any shrines...just had a conversation with friends the other day that I actually do not have any physical music anymore...got rid of everything when I moved to NYC 15 years ago. All digital now, same with tv and film. I never have been into memorabilia other than getting one t-shirt per concert.

But the closest thing to a shrine I have are my books...I guess I have an Agatha Christie shrine with all of her novels and story collections...while I made the digital transition for music, I am too attached to physical books so only do ebook when I have to.

I used to have Stevie and Farah Faucet on my wall. Then Christine from her 1984 album. There were clues that I was gay. Somehow nobody noticed until I came out.
Old 09-10-2021, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes. She did mean it was about money. The truth is, I think she probably said other things to Lindsey. I’m not sure that I trust his version of what she said. He can be flip. He may have stripped her words down to the essentials or his interpretation of them. Lindsey is, um, telling the truth but telling it in a way to get a reaction. I am with him, but I am also concerned about media backlash.

I wish I was younger for Lindsey, then I would defend him on social media. As a teenager I would type weekly letters to the soap opera magazines and mail them at the actual post office to praise Jack Wagner or denounce General Hospital because I did not like the way Jack was used. I think Lindsey could use more fan voices on Twitter or Facebook, but I am too tired and I don’t have the energy. Life gets in the way. I want to support him, but I want to lie in bed and watch Hulu more.
I guess I am dense or wanted to see Chris in the best light in hoping the house purchase kept her so occupied that she had no time to stand up for Lindsey. But now I understand the context. I guess Chris is as bad as Mick in "needing" $tevie.

Foolish me

It sort of reminds me of those lottery stories about office pools. One worker plays for years and one week forgets to give his money for the tickets. The group says of course they will split the winnings and they can pay after the drawing. The ticket wins and suddenly all that money makes greed take over and soon they all change their minds and say...... you did not pay this week so you are out. Forget about what we said last week.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-10-2021 at 04:59 PM..
Old 09-10-2021, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And bless you, dear.
Mrs. Doubtfire is that you!?
Old 09-10-2021, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I guess I am dense or wanted to see Chris in the best light in hoping the house purchase kept her so occupied that she had no time to stand up for Lindsey. But now I understand the context. I guess Chris is as bad as Mick in "needing" $tevie.

Foolish me

It sort of reminds me of those lottery stories about office pools. One worker plays for years and one week forgets to give his money for the tickets. The group says of course they will split the winnings and they can pay after the drawing. The ticket wins and suddenly all that money makes greed take over and soon they all change their minds and say...... you did not pay this week so you are out. Forget about what we said last week.
I gave up seeing Chris in ANY good light when I found out that she was the one who kept Bob Welch out of the R&RHOF.

When she threw Lindsey under the bus that cemented what I'd already decided.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of $tevie $hrines.....
I do not have any shrines right now, although I just bought the special Cher edition of People magazine at the store 10 minutes ago, so …

But my shrines have been:

Sonny and Cher
The Jackson’s
Jack Wagner
Fleetwood Mac
X-Files

Clippings. Merchandise, Concerts, Psychotic behavior. I once cried for 4 hours on the phone to a Miami University (in Ohio) psychologist who was writing some thesis on soaps and she sought me out due to my posts on Prodigy. I was terribly upset about the way Frisco Jones was written off of General Hospital.

The X-Files can still make me cry — but not hysterically for four hours.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do not have any shrines right now, although I just bought the special Cher edition of People magazine at the store 10 minutes ago, so …

But my shrines have been:

Sonny and Cher
Cher's working on a biopic. I don't think she was happy with The Cher Show.
I look forward to her return to Vegas and I guess she won't do a 2nd ABBA record now that they're back.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Cher's working on a biopic. I don't think she was happy with The Cher Show.
I look forward to her return to Vegas and I guess she won't do a 2nd ABBA record now that they're back.
That would be good news.I like Cher as a person but she needs to leave the peerless ABBA alone.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The X-Files can still make me cry — but not hysterically for four hours.
So you were a Scully and Mulder shipper?

See, I LOVED The X-Files, but loathe their unrequited love. I've ALWAYS felt the same way about Lindsey and Old Goat's Her Name. I couldn't care less. I never was much on fairy tales.

When Lindsey would hold hands and kiss Stevie, I thought it was so completely disrespectful to his wife. I don't care how many millions he makes by doing it. IT'S WRONG.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of $tevie $hrines.....
Quote:
So you were a Scully and Mulder shipper?

See, I LOVED The X-Files, but loathe their unrequited love.
Unrequited?? Don’t even start with me. Yes I support the MSR with all my soul.

And I was also a Stevie and Lindsey shipper.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Unrequited?? Don’t even start with me. Yes I support the MSR with all my soul.

And I was also a Stevie and Lindsey shipper.
I lack the estrogen, apparently....le sigh...

I really am practical to a fault. If it doesn't add up on paper, I walk...

"I never did belieee eeeve in miracles...."

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 09-11-2021 at 01:26 AM..