User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
you wanna hear about losing it? I'm relatively sure my recent calls with United Van Lines will surface on the Internet as another "crazy caller lady"

I have been so rage-filled lately as the stress of my move mounts - I finally lost it on Friday when they tried to delay my shipment yet again. I get mad then inevitably feel like an ass. Perhaps I need an anger management class
You have every right to be upset. It's very disconcerting that you have had such a hard time getting your personal affects.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you wanna hear about losing it? I'm relatively sure my recent calls with United Van Lines will surface on the Internet as another "crazy caller lady"

I have been so rage-filled lately as the stress of my move mounts - I finally lost it on Friday when they tried to delay my shipment yet again. I get mad then inevitably feel like an ass. Perhaps I need an anger management class
I think moving is in the top 5 of most stressful events. Having a new job is another.
Can you buy yourself a massage?

I once lost it with Sprint over an identity theft—Sprint had allowed someone else to open an old account of mine, and the resulting bill had gone into collections. I was a few days from my due date with my son, and I got so upset, I thougt I was going to go into labor. Until I finally burst into tears, and told them I was 9 months pregnant, the customer service reps were laughing at my anger. After that, they were a little more helpful. It is very frustrating to get any answers, from the uninformed, powerless reps, and of course, that is how the companies mostly want it to be.

Now, with telemarketers, I wouldn't expect them to be helpful, and I think you can just tell them you are on the "Do Not Call List". A friend of mine tells them he is interested, and to hold on a minute. Then, he just goes about his business so they can hear him having his dinner, or talking with friends. Isn't that beautiful, and evil?

Last edited by ragandbone; 07-18-2006 at 12:42 PM..
Old 07-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone
I think moving is in the top 5 of most stressful events. Having a new job is another.
Can you buy yourself a massage?

I once lost it with Sprint over an identity theft—Sprint had allowed someone else to open an old account of mine, and the resulting bill had gone into collections. I was a few days from my due date with my son, and I got so upset, I thougt I was going to go into labor. Until I finally burst into tears, and told them I was 9 months pregnant, the customer service reps were laughing at my anger. After that, they were a little more helpful. It is very frustrating to get any answers, from the uninformed, powerless reps, and of course, that is how the companies mostly want it to be.

Now, with telemarketers, I wouldn't expect them to be helpful, and I think you can just tell them you are on the "Do Not Call List". A friend of mine tells them he is interested, and to hold on a minute. Then, he just goes about his business so they can hear him having his dinner, or talking with friends. Isn't that beautiful, and evil?
Geez, that sucks. Sorry you had to deal with that at that time.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Well, you've had more than your fair share of crap lately, so I for one compliment you for not having gone out and gotten a gun by now.

And once you get settled, (settled enough?) might I suggest a yoga class. I've been yoga-ing for about a month now, and while I don't think I've lost any weight yet (I'm sure I'm right on the verge, though ) the ever-present knot between my shoulder blades has disappeared and I do feel stronger. It really does act like a little vacation and helps ease stress.

Take on the situation but not the torment
Old 07-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
Well, you've had more than your fair share of crap lately, so I for one compliment you for not having gone out and gotten a gun by now.

And once you get settled, (settled enough?) might I suggest a yoga class. I've been yoga-ing for about a month now, and while I don't think I've lost any weight yet (I'm sure I'm right on the verge, though ) the ever-present knot between my shoulder blades has disappeared and I do feel stronger. It really does act like a little vacation and helps ease stress.

Yeah, I enjoy Yoga - although I was going to look into a martial arts class
and a massage, that is definitely in order. I also have an ever-present knot on my back...I refer to it as my permaknot. It's been worse lately...but with good reason.

Lets see:

I Moved
Stuff got delayed
Started a new job
Totalled my car (6 months from being paid off)
Stuff got delayed again
Got a new car (and more years of debt)
Stuff got delayed again
Mother showed up to "help"
Stuff got here

lol...things are looking up now - my apartment is totally done and my new car rocks. The job is going well - I've only said the wrong station name once - and aside from my erasing an entire program things are going well
Old 07-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
last week I saw a woman talking on her cell, smoking, and driving a stick.
Were you in Indiana? You didn't see me in New York!
Old 07-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze

One time I was at a light that had turned green. I couldn't figure out why no one was going so I was beeping. The guy in front of me got out of his car, got in my face, and told me it was a f*cking funeral you assh*le. This was not a small guy either. I felt really bad about beeping. But I still wanted to go up to his car afterward and go, "DO YOU FEEL BETTER HAVING PICKED ON A GIRL YOU WUSS?" I thought that might get me killed though. He was so mad. Oops. That was a really bad day.
I've honked (comeplete accident of course) at a funeral procession before, only to get flicked off by some large woman in a minivan. Even through her grief she managed to remain the epitome of grace.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschmike
I've honked (comeplete accident of course) at a funeral procession before, only to get flicked off by some large woman in a minivan. Even through her grief she managed to remain the epitome of grace.
Well, this man wasn't part of the procession, we were part of the line of traffic perpendicular to the light the procession was going through. But still, I may have been out of line (inadvertently) but he kicked it up a few notches for sure!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mother showed up to "help"
Ladies & gentlemen, Dee has thrown her trump card. You win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998
Were you in Indiana? You didn't see me in New York!
Do you have a bad dye job & too few teeth? Cuz if so I'm sure it was you.