The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know the Pickle's little act seems hard to believe, because really, who the hell is that stupid??....but to be honest, I really think she is that vapid. Very small town, very sheltered, little to no education - it can happen.

I used to be Snow White but I drifted - Mae West.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
I know the Pickle's little act seems hard to believe, because really, who the hell is that stupid??....but to be honest, I really think she is that vapid. Very small town, very sheltered, little to no education - it can happen.
I was like you until the other night when she said "what's a ballsy?"

Honestly, that gave it away to me that she is putting on...at least playing it up. She's not from somewhere so small that she doesn't know when someone is "ballsy", but to turn it into what's A ballsy...a little obvious.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
I was like you until the other night when she said "what's a ballsy?"

Honestly, that gave it away to me that she is putting on...at least playing it up. She's not from somewhere so small that she doesn't know when someone is "ballsy", but to turn it into what's A ballsy...a little obvious.
Exactly. And didn't it seem as though her comedic timing was a wee bit off? She's full of sh*t.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC
Exactly. And didn't it seem as though her comedic timing was a wee bit off? She's full of sh*t.

Yep. Pay close attention to her face when she's not being "on." Her facial expression reveals a different person. It's all in the eyes. It's like she's contriving the next stupid thing she's going to say. Also, when she doesn't know the camera is on her she has a whole different look about her, it's kind of calculating.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Yep. Pay close attention to her face when she's not being "on." Her facial expression reveals a different person. It's all in the eyes. It's like she's contriving the next stupid thing she's going to say. Also, when she doesn't know the camera is on her she has a whole different look about her, it's kind of calculating.
OMG. it's funny you say that. the other night when they were all walking out, the camera was on her, but she didn't know it. she looked very serious and then as soon as she realized she was on camera she got that goofy grin.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers
OMG. it's funny you say that. the other night when they were all walking out, the camera was on her, but she didn't know it. she looked very serious and then as soon as she realized she was on camera she got that goofy grin.

See!? This is what I'm talking about! She's totally faking, well, mostly faking anyway.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
See!? This is what I'm talking about! She's totally faking, well, mostly faking anyway.
A couple weeks ago, I would have totally disagreed. I really thought she was that dumb & not capable of putting on such a good act. But I saw what you're talking about too. She seems cold.

And good riddance to Kevin, if he would have been allowed to sing another ballad for another week, I would have lapsed into a coma.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
And good riddance to Kevin, if he would have been allowed to sing another ballad for another week, I would have lapsed into a coma.

I'm glad he missed the cut for the tour! I might go see them now, knowing he won't be there (only the top ten perform).

My bottom three picks were correct. Bucky's next to go...or Lisa...one of those....

Next Week: Songs from the 21st Century.....
Old 03-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Next Week: Songs from the 21st Century.....

Yeah, I'm thrilled.

I wonder why they didn't just proceed to 60's, then 70's & 80's. Hmmm. Maybe a "special guest" for a certain era could only make it a certain week? I can't remember if they jumped around last year.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I wonder why they didn't just proceed to 60's, then 70's & 80's. Hmmm. Maybe a "special guest" for a certain era could only make it a certain week? I can't remember if they jumped around last year.

They just skip around. Last year they had cool themes like "song from the year you were born".....kinda bland with them so far this year...

At least Kevin won't be able to sing "Because of You"
Old 03-28-2006, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

holy hell. what an awful night. maybe there was a glitch in the sound or something.

my picks in order:

Mandisa - good song choice and performance, but she was a little off
Paris - she's so cute and I thought she worked it out
Chris - good, but as I was saying the other night, he needs to venture into different styles...stop making everything so rock
Elliott - good, but his dancing was heinous. I like that he tried to change up from the original but it was a little weird
Ace - alright...but boring and if he tugs at his hair or glares into the camera again I may scream; I'm tiring of him
Kellie - ehhh, it was ok, but boring and a stupid song choice
Katharine - was I hearing the same thing the judges were? she was horrible...not even near Xtina (my girl)...off key and struggling...when you sing that you gotta rip it and belt it...there was none of that
Taylor - so bored
Bucky - I thought he was actually ok...but not in the same league as far as a singer goes as some of the others
Lisa - to quote myself last week...bad, bad, bad...she needs to go
Old 03-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

holy hell is right - I hated everyone this week - even Elliot, and I have the cutest China patterns picked out for the 2 of us, so you know it was really bad
Old 03-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Elliot and Katharine were the only ones that were any good tonight IMO..

Elliot really picked a great song for him.. now, if only he had the face and TEETH of Rob Thomas.. I would be all over him.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Elliot really picked a great song for him.. now, if only he had the face and TEETH of Rob Thomas.. I would be all over him.
poor Mr. Tomnas...
Old 03-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Horrid week. No one was really great. Lisa is really bad -- I hope she goes. Bucky improved slightly, but doesn't have the voice to carry him much further. I thought Ace sang off-key the entire song. I didn't care for Katharine's take on Christina's song. Chris -- great voice, but we need some variety. Pickler was awful - total snoozefest.

Overall, I was very underwhelmed.