The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Their mouth needs to be stuffed with a penguin and not in a good way.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume
Their mouth needs to be stuffed with a penguin and not in a good way.

hahah!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
google is so amusing LOL.

-Lis

ah yes.
everyone thinks that this is the best fleetwood mac album EVAR. they are mistaken. but regardless, it is still pretty f*cking sweet.

like any fleetwood mac album, stevie's songs are the best (i love you, stevie. call me.) but i think that pretty much goes without saying. so i guess one of her most famous songs is on here, dreams (which is really sexy and makes me want to light candles and drink wine and have long deep conversations and i don't even like wine and deep conversations are not my strong point) and then gold dust woman, which is fanf*ckintastic, but seriously, her songs on tusk are the best she's ever done. anywho.

i don't understand what makes this everyone's favorite fleetwood mac album. but then again i don't understand what makes dirt everyone's favorite alice in chains album. is it because they were "breakthrough" albums? because they sold more? since when does that make an album better?

see, the thing is... rumours is great, and all, but christine mcvie's songs f*ck up the perfection of the whole thing. actually, her songs are usually the weak part of any fleetwood mac album (i don't love you christine, please don't call) with the exception of tusk, because that album is pure delicious perfection sprinkled with sugar, but her songs on rumours are especially lame.

"don't stop"? come on. that **** is WEAK. just horrible. in fact, i am going to skip it. and then there's "songbird", which, while quite lovely and of the "moves you to tears" variety when performed live because you know she wrote it for john mcvie, even though they were in the midst of divorce (oh drama), is a f*cking snore bore galore on the album. and it's right in the f*cking middle. skip, plz. "you make loving fun" is good enough that you think maybe she has redeemed herself, and then here comes "oh daddy". i believe atrocious is a good word for that song. i can't even express to myself the many ways that song sucks, much less to anyone else. also i read somewhere that it was written for mick fleetwood. does that mean she called him daddy? sick ****.

in conclusion, i love her voice when she's singing backup. but alone, she takes up album space that lindsey or stevie could have done better things with.

thank you, that is all.

I need to pull one line from this, "deep conversations are not my strong point".

Neither is your grammar, Todd. Or much else in that illiterate mess.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR
I need to pull one line from this, "deep conversations are not my strong point".
I forgot about that line!

I think I might've skipped over it because I tend to bypass anything that talks about how wonderful "Dreams" is. I'm just sick of it.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

just popping in to point out that anyone who is too lazy to spell out the word "please" (a measly 6 letters, last i counted), should not be taken too seriously.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Well....I'm a nurse...not a journalist.
Damnit, Spock, I'm a doctor not a bricklayer!
Old 08-15-2005, 10:49 AM

i knew it!!

Johnny Stew wrote this............