The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm sorry, but I will be sorely disappointed if she can't honestly find it in herself to do one last album.

Stevie is my #1 favorite artist - but 24 Karat Gold might be my last solo record of hers I will have purchased. It blows my mind that she would consider passing up this AMAZING opportunity to record an album with Christine back. There's an enormous sense of potential here for a record and she would rather do another half baked release with the bland Dave Stewart than give fans and her bandmates one last great effort.

Quite honestly if she does back out, I hope the band releases and album without her and she faces the public backlash and disappointment. I feel she needs a bit of a reality check.

That would probably be the final nail in the coffin for Fleetwood Mac though.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
I'm sorry, but I will be sorely disappointed if she can't honestly find it in herself to do one last album.

Stevie is my #1 favorite artist - but 24 Karat Gold might be my last solo record of hers I will have purchased. It blows my mind that she would consider passing up this AMAZING opportunity to record an album with Christine back. There's an enormous sense of potential here for a record and she would rather do another half baked release with the bland Dave Stewart than give fans and her bandmates one last great effort.

Quite honestly if she does back out, I hope the band releases and album without her and she faces the public backlash and disappointment. I feel she needs a bit of a reality check.
That would probably be the final nail in the coffin for Fleetwood Mac though.

EXACTLY. I worry about that too. But it'd be her own fault. She'd be the "b*tch" that didn't come back. As much as I want her to stop with FM and concentrate on her solo career, I think this may be one of the main reasons she won't.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, it might stoke album sales just from all the drama in the media: "Mac album without Nicks", etc. I agree with others that Mac should go ahead and finish the album whether Nicks is on board or not.

She had a great "really fun" year recording In Your Dreams with Stewart, and she apparently had a not great, not fun, time doing Say You Will with Lindsey. Maybe this is partially what's driving her....she may want to do another album with Stewart rather than something with Mac, although I also agree with others here that it seems like she's not actually thinking through that Mac already has about half of an album completed.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe she heard the songs and didn't think they were that good? Maybe she doesn't want to see an album by the band go ignored and do little sales? And maybe Lindsey has refused to bring on another producer and she (like quite a few people on here) isn't a fan of his recent production style, especially when collaboration doesn't happen? There are many elements at play here.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Maybe she heard the songs and didn't think they were that good? Maybe she doesn't want to see an album by the band go ignored and do little sales? And maybe Lindsey has refused to bring on another producer and she (like quite a few people on here) isn't a fan of his recent production style, especially when collaboration doesn't happen? There are many elements at play here.
True. But if she thinks it won't sell she's crazy. A last hurrah with the Rumours line-up would at least go Gold, mark my words. If they did marketing like the Eagles did with their final album, it could do multi-platinum and would be a fitting end.

Although all that being said, they keep talking about a "whole new chapter" so at least Mick and Lindsey apparently would like to see multiple tours and albums.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
True. But if she thinks it won't sell she's crazy. A last hurrah with the Rumours line-up would at least go Gold, mark my words. If they did marketing like the Eagles did with their final album, it could do multi-platinum and would be a fitting end.

Although all that being said, they keep talking about a "whole new chapter" so at least Mick and Lindsey apparently would like to see multiple tours and albums.
My 2.5 cents:Stevie and The Mac have had alot of animosity between them ever since she worked with Dave Stewart on "In Your Dreams".We've been hearing her say over and over how much fun it was and how it was the "best year of her life",in a round -a- bout way saying that she didn't realize how ****ty it was working with the Mac until she had the "Dave" experience IMO.In the interviews when Chris first mentioned her return,Stevie didn't seem too thrilled about it,almost annoyed actually.In recent interviews she's like yay we got our " dream girl" back but that's all PR bull****.I think Chris's return threw a monkey wrench in all of her plans not to mention her much needed and expected attention has shifted from her to Chris.I really did see a huge intimacy gap in their Philly show,not even smiling at Chris, as I mentioned in a previous post.To me her body language was saying,"I SO don't want to be here".All this is my opinion so don't hate on me please.Also,a "whole new chapter" could mean a Stevie-less new record.That sure would qualify as a new chapter!
Old 11-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
But. As Mick and the rest of them know ,she is and always will be the Star Attraction.
Be that as it may, she's NOT bigger than the band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
After almost 40 years of FM why can't Stevie have her songs be the way she wants them instead of the way LB wants them?
She's either in or she's out. She can't be both. Sure, the band doesn't want to play smaller venues. Neither does she. If she wants the status of bandmate, then she is obligated to give them songs (and they don't really even have to be hers). She can't hold them hostage. Not anymore.

That all being said, I think she has every intention of recording with Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I agree. Plus, it's possible she truly is just playing all of this by ear. She doesn't know if she & Lindsey will be happy with one another throughout this tour. And she wants an out in case things blow up. Or who knows- maybe she's worried Christine is here for the tour, but will jet after that's over? Or perhaps there is still lingering concern over John's health, and where he'll want to be after this tour is done. So, so many factors.

That being said, I still sense this is Stevie withholding because she's either not sure she wants to record with the band, or she's not yet gotten what she wants through negotiations.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Plus, it's possible she truly is just playing all of this by ear.
That's my take on it: Stevie's in "wait & see" mode. Which is wise. Who knows what inter-band relations will be like after three solid years on the road together? And it's not like she has to make up her mind tomorrow anyway.

In my heart of hearts, I truly believe she will ultimately agree to record with the band. Even if she doesn't, it's unfair to paint her as the "bad guy."
Old 11-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
That's my take on it: Stevie's in "wait & see" mode. Which is wise. Who knows what inter-band relations will be like after three solid years on the road together? And it's not like she has to make up her mind tomorrow anyway.

In my heart of hearts, I truly believe she will ultimately agree to record with the band. Even if she doesn't, it's unfair to paint her as the "bad guy."
But they probably would paint her as such.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Exactly. All the hand-wringing and stress over this is pointless at this stage - the band clearly has chosen to do a World Tour now instead of finishing up the album. For me, I can't worry about something that has yet to happen (or not). And in any event, so long as Stevie records again soon (whether solo or with FM), I'll be happy.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
EXACTLY. I worry about that too. But it'd be her own fault. She'd be the "b*tch" that didn't come back. As much as I want her to stop with FM and concentrate on her solo career, I think this may be one of the main reasons she won't.
Why would Stevie be the " "b*tch" that didn't come back." What a double standard some fans hold Stevie to. Was Lindsey considered the "b*itch" when he suddenly quit spitefully (some would consider his exit "burning bridges") only to come back to the band 9 years later. Was Christine considered the "B" when she unexpectedly quit in 1998, and unexpectedly came back 16 years later?!?

Things have changed. Bottom line is they're much older now and Stevie apparently does not want to spend her final golden years chained to Fleetwood Mac .

And Mick & Lindsey should blame themselves. They ALL put touring as a priority over a new record by continuing this never ending "On With The Show" tour into 2015. They could have stopped at the end of this year.

And Stevie won't be crucified. Only by a petty few on this fan board! Not only is Stevie beloved by millions, but also I believe, by and large, the general public & music buying demographic is not really going to care that much about a new FM record in 2016 or 2017 (with or without Stevie) they just want the hits, FM's glory days.
After 2015, they will have been coasting on "greatest hits" concerts for three straight years; 2013, 2014, and soon most of 2015. So what's the plan exactly? Do they expect to go in the studio in 2016 and then start up another tour afterwards, after they have saturated the market. I don't see it. Honestly, I can't say I blame Stevie for not knowing whether she will want to continue another 1-2 years with FM after 2015.

I have to say, my interest in a new FM record has considerably waned, and I never thought I'd say that out loud! It speaks volumes that Stevie didn't give Lindsey & the band some of her demos to work on last spring, while she was recording in Nashville. But I'm soooo thankful Stevie released the fab 24KG!!!!!

Last edited by Christopher; 11-13-2014 at 12:51 PM..
Old 11-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Why would Stevie be the " "b*tch" that didn't come back." What a double standard some fans hold Stevie to. Was Lindsey considered the "b*itch" when he suddenly quit spitefully (some would consider his exit "burning bridges") only to come back to the band 9 years later. Was Christine considered the "B" when she unexpectedly quit in 1998, and unexpectedly came back 16 years later?!?
I agree with Christopher on this. It doesn't seem fair to pile on Nicks when Buckingham and McVie both walked away for years on end. And Nicks hasn't even fully walked away...she's touring with them, she's just not sure she wants to commit to an album.

Legacy wise I think she really should. Do a double album like the Eagles did. But, its her call.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Quote:
Why would Stevie be the " "b*tch" that didn't come back." What a double standard some fans hold Stevie to.
I think that was sarcasm of jkmaletic part. I think...
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"
Old 11-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post

Things have changed. Bottom line is they're much older now and Stevie apparently does not want to spend her final golden years chained to Fleetwood Mac .

And Mick & Lindsey should blame themselves. They ALL put touring as a priority over a new record by continuing this never ending "On With The Show" tour into 2015. They could have stopped at the end of this year.

And Stevie won't be crucified. Only by a petty few on this fan board! Not only is Stevie beloved by millions, but also I believe, by and large, the general public & music buying demographic is not really going to care that much about a new FM record in 2016 or 2017 (with or without Stevie) they just want the hits, FM's glory days.
After 2015, they will have been coasting on "greatest hits" concerts for three straight years; 2013, 2014, and soon most of 2015. So what's the plan exactly? Do they expect to go in the studio in 2016 and then start up another tour afterwards, after they have saturated the market. I don't see it. Honestly, I can't say I blame Stevie for not knowing whether she will want to continue another 1-2 years with FM after 2015.

I have to say, my interest in a new FM record has considerably waned, and I never thought I'd say that out loud! It speaks volumes that Stevie didn't give Lindsey & the band some of her demos to work on last spring, while she was recording in Nashville. But I'm soooo thankful Stevie released the fab 24KG!!!!!
Just so you know, we are on the same page. I also agree with you that definitely would be a double standard if Stevie left the band. She would probably get a lot more backlash. In fact, I just asked a coworker here who's a fan of Fleetwood Mac how he would feel about that, and he said, incredilously, why would she ever do that?? Then I told him, do you remember when Lindsay left? He said, no - did that happen? Grant you, this is a guy that remembers everything about sport and music and he didn't remember Lindsay ever leaving the band. That says a lot.
I don't believe Stevie should be crucified at all, but unfortunately she probably would be.

Last edited by jkmaletic; 11-13-2014 at 01:11 PM..