The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-24-2021, 09:02 AM

Default Happy Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for all the Rumours era deluxe releases. I go back and just let them play, (in their entirety) and I realize how good the band is/was.

What are you all thankful for?
Old 11-24-2021, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm actually grateful for Live Tour 2013
I think the setlist was generous to all attendees. Tons of known songs, a number of album tracks, and 2 new songs. Also, I think their best stage production... until the
Moon screen halves got cut out after the first few shows.

2014-2015 had Chris but it felt like a jukebox concert where I thought 2013 was like an actual rock show.

2018-2019 was like going to a Stones show these days (but for no one in FM having Jagger's energy)...you pay to breathe the air they are breathing.
Old 11-24-2021, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The band is a disgrace these days so they almost are not thankful for the fans.
I have to go way back years to be thankful for something. The Buck/Vie album and tour was so incredible. But pretty much everything post Dance has been a disappointment (although the SYW album is pretty good). I am thankful for Chris's relatively unknown solo work. I am thankful Lindsey is still rocking.
On With The Show was incredible because of Chris but REMEMBER there was supposed to be an album since Chris was mailing Lindsey demos, etc.
Greed and selfishness and age has destroyed the band.
Most thankful for getting Heroes and Mystery To Me on CD this year.

Not to be a Debbie Downer but seriously folks, who does Everywhere better?
Each sounds like a cover band IMHO but the cover band does better IMHO.

2019 Fleetwood Mac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJiq...o9eUVw&index=2

2017 Paramore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOKm...o9eUVw&index=1

Nuff said
Old 11-24-2021, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I celebrated Thanksgiving about 6 weeks or so ago, lol but like Brown Jr there is nothing more satisfying that the deluxe reissues of the classic albums and this years reissue of the Live 80 album, was really special. Not to be outdone, but the remastering of the early 70's albums is a must own- masterfully, spectacularly remastered. The additional tracks are worth the price of admission and is a reminder of how good those early line ups were, however short-lived. Later this year of course, Lindsey gave us an album that actually rivals Out of the Cradle it's so damn good and hard not to listen to the whole album at once.

Debbie Downer let downs are of course the state of the band since 2018- shameful way to end things and especially with no new album in 18 years is simply unacceptable. I don't mind admitting I live in the past as far as Fleetwood Mac goes. From the top of my fandom to the huge disappointment was a tough pill to swallow, but I keep coming back to read the updates and weigh in so that says something.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thankful to be alive and in good health, of course.

But back to the topic, Christine return and the On with Show concert, I'm so thankful. I actually thought that would never happen. My dream included an album with the 5 guys, but the tour was enough to be so thankful.

"I hate that word. It's a return, not a comeback!!"
Norma Desmond

Sunset Boulevard
Old 11-25-2021, 05:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I'm actually grateful for Live Tour 2013
I think the setlist was generous to all attendees. Tons of known songs, a number of album tracks, and 2 new songs.
"Sad Angel" and "Without You"?

I'm thankful for the '79 and '82 "Sisters Of The Moon" and for the '97 "Go Insane."
And for this group.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
"Sad Angel" and "Without You"?

I'm thankful for the '79 and '82 "Sisters Of The Moon" and for the '97 "Go Insane."
And for this group.
Yes, those were the 2 new songs. And they actually played them for a whole month before the EP came out.

Tour also had Say Goodbye, Stand Back (love when FM does it and last time FM did it), Eyes of the World, Sisters of the Moon, and Not that Funny!
Old 11-25-2021, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wishing all of you a healthy, hearty & Happy Thanksgiving from the Fox aka Mark.
And special thanks to Michele for keeping this site running and functioning all these years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 244355899_2304128136396466_4554978704672111688_n.jpg (99.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 11-25-2021, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hopefully this is the last Thanksgiving with the pandemic!

On a Fleetwood Mac note, I remember over 20 years ago there was a local radio station that celebrated Thanksgiving by playing "turkey" songs i.e. song that are bad and you dont hear them anymore i.e. turkeys.

The song Tusk was in the top 20
Old 11-28-2021, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm thankful for all the Rumours era deluxe releases. I go back and just let them play, (in their entirety) and I realize how good the band is/was.

What are you all thankful for?
i'm thankful for Lindsey surviving his heart attack and that Lindsey's album was finally released and his tour actually happened this fall

with every date i was waiting for someone in the band family to get covid and the dates to be cancelled. it's amazing that the first leg went without a hitch and hopefully december leg and then april and may next year will too!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-28-2021, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, yes I'm truly grateful for Lindsey's recovery, surviving the heart attack, getting his voice back and still being himself and not a shell of himself. Obviously, when we saw that hospital bed photo, it was hard to think things would ever go back. And then we heard he couldn't talk. I'd never thought we'd be where we are now.

He's quite a psycho, but I love him very much and Adele is getting her share of play in my car, but his album is still holding its own against 30.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm thankful for Lindsey surviving his heart attack and that Lindsey's album was finally released and his tour actually happened this fall

with every date i was waiting for someone in the band family to get covid and the dates to be cancelled. it's amazing that the first leg went without a hitch and hopefully december leg and then april and may next year will too!
Yea, I'm thankful for that too! I actually love his new album. It's quite good. Beautiful harmonies. I wish it was a little more "masculine" as he would say. What's the world comin to?
Old 12-20-2021, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And Merry Christmas and Happy New Gregorian Year to one and all!

Thoughts?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-20-2021, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Thoughts?
Y'all tripping? Same comment....
Old 12-20-2021, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m thankful that the utmost minuscule overspray under the B tuning gear, which isn’t noticeable in most light and not noticeable when playing, saved me $270 on my new Gibson Les Paul Standard.

I’m also thankful that Milwaukee, where I plan on moving to in 2022, is so highly committed to beer, sausage, and cheese. Also, it was home to Les Paul.

THE Stephen Hopkins