The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Snapple fact:Brett's interview was part of a RollingStone series on support musicians during lockdown. He wasn't promoting anything.

I wonder if Ricky Peterson, Sharon Celani, or Taku Hirano were asked. They've certainly played with a lot of legends. For Ricky all I know of is Prince for him.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Lindsey said all Azoff cares about is money. then Azoff came out with the statement basically saying - hey all i care about is money!

Lindsey said - it was Stevie who was behind the ultimatum. then Stevie came out and said no no no no no he's lying - it was I who gave the ultimatum.
This is so good.

I think I see what Steve means by suggesting that Stevie's, er, speech act, could theoretically be construed very narrowly as nothing more than a declaration of her intention to sever all ties with Lindsey; but in its real world context it had the performative force of either bringing the Fleetwood Mac train to a halt (and thereby breaching promoter contracts) or keeping it going with some different passengers (which hypothetically also includes the scenario where they went ahead with a Christine/Lindsey/John/Mick lineup sans Stevie). In any case, "ultimatum" comes from the Latin "ultimare" meaning 'come to an end.' In her own words, her declaration was as final as it gets, whatever the subsequent outcome.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
not sure who you are talking to, everyone seems very calm around here.
With all due respect, I don’t appreciate being told how I feel or felt about something.

Quote:
you've been pushing Mick-Lindsey collab pretty hard and repeatedly, as can be easily verified with a quick search of this site. by your defensive reaction right now, maybe you really were excited about it, even if not necessarily.
The way Mick and Lindsey feed off each other in the studio and on stage would made for a great project. If Fleetwood Mac isn’t an option going forward, then Fleetwood Buckingham or whatever would be the most commercially viable option left for both men. It still might happen, but I’m not nearly as optimistic after that interview.

However, I can only get so excited about acoustic guitars recorded at half speed and then sped up, sparse percussion, layered Fairlight backing vocals, comically distorted lead guitars, and psychobabble lyrics for the umpteenth time. For all the reinvention talk, what I’ve heard from the new album sounds a lot like every other album of his since OOTC, including SYW.

In terms of what actually excites me, a Fleetwood Mac album with Neil Finn and Mike Campbell is much higher on the list followed by that blues album Christine has been teasing for nearly 35 years. Mike Campbell’s “Wreckless Abandon” song was a breath of fresh air as far as Mac-related songs go. Big jangly guitars, fun lyrics, and a good hook. It would have been a great Fleetwood Mac song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
I think I see what Steve means by suggesting that Stevie's, er, speech act, could theoretically be construed very narrowly as nothing more than a declaration of her intention to sever all ties with Lindsey; but in its real world context it had the performative force of either bringing the Fleetwood Mac train to a halt (and thereby breaching promoter contracts) or keeping it going with some different passengers (which hypothetically also includes the scenario where they went ahead with a Christine/Lindsey/John/Mick lineup sans Stevie). In any case, "ultimatum" comes from the Latin "ultimare" meaning 'come to an end.' In her own words, her declaration was as final as it gets, whatever the subsequent outcome.
This. As I said, the net effect was the same.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-25-2021, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post

I've never believed for a second that $he wanted out. $he got exactly what $he wanted. Lindsey ousted. It only took her 43 years.

$he's not the boss.

$he's a lying sack of sh*t.
Old 10-25-2021, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've never believed for a second that $he wanted out. $he got exactly what $he wanted. Lindsey ousted. It only took her 43 years.

$he's not the boss.
no no no no no - you got it so wrong! she fired herself. as one does!

same as she decided to go to rehab, her own idea, nobody else's. except she fired Azoff for staging an intervention to get her into rehab, and wrote a very literal song about it too.

it took Azoff more than 30 years to finally make his way back into Fleetwood Mac management by doing her dirty work towards Lindsey. breaking contracts in the process too. and remember, they were gonna hang it all on Lindsey too lying that he left them again right when they had all the touring contracts signed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-25-2021, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've never believed for a second that $he wanted out.
Oh, I do. I mean, I don't think she necessarily wanted to leave Fleetwood Mac, per se, but I absolutely think she reached her breaking point with him. As I've said many times before, both seem to be pieces of work, but I completely get that feeling that a situation has to end. I've been in that position where it was move on or lose my mind or worse several times in my life. And, I have less sympathy for Lindsey only because I know he talked about who he'd replace Stevie with to fans after shows. He would have thrown her under the bus if he'd been in a position of power, too. I have zero doubt about that. He never said there's no Fleetwood Mac without her, so why should he be afforded the same courtesy?

I don't really care. I was going to see Mick, John, and Christine regardless of who their fellow passengers were.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2021, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no no no no no - you got it so wrong! she fired herself. as one does!
Yeah, well, $he's an IDIOT. A card carrying IDIOT.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Oh, I do. I mean, I don't think she necessarily wanted to leave Fleetwood Mac, per se, but I absolutely think she reached her breaking point with him. As I've said many times before, both seem to be pieces of work, but I completely get that feeling that a situation has to end. I've been in that position where it was move on or lose my mind or worse several times in my life. And, I have less sympathy for Lindsey only because I know he talked about who he'd replace Stevie with to fans after shows. He would have thrown her under the bus if he'd been in a position of power, too. I have zero doubt about that. He never said there's no Fleetwood Mac without her, so why should he be afforded the same courtesy?

I don't really care. I was going to see Mick, John, and Christine regardless of who their fellow passengers were.
I'm sure they both have their dysfunctional issues with each other(and with the rest of the world).

He's the CREATOR of their success. $he's the ASSet that fills the seats. Now that $he refuses to create music with them, $he has all the power. I hope karma gets her, HARD.

I'd love to see them without the old goat. But it would be you, me, and 500 other people. It would be awesome.... for us. Old Dick needs big money.

I'd love another BuckVie. I think it might be too late in life now, for Christine. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 10-26-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I'm sure they both have their dysfunctional issues with each other(and with the rest of the world).

He's the CREATOR of their success. $he's the ASSet that fills the seats. Now that $he refuses to create music with them, $he has all the power. I hope karma gets her, HARD.

I'd love to see them without the old goat. But it would be you, me, and 500 other people. It would be awesome.... for us. Old Dick needs big money.
I'd love another BuckVie. I think it might be too late in life now, for Christine. I hope I'm wrong.
The bottom line is that Stevie is a liar and a malignant narcissist. She birthed the whole LB firing. Didn't even have the backbone to call him and tell him she was "having him fired."

Did she think that when LB was trying to call the band after he'd been iced that she had fired herself?
Did she think that when they rehearsed with Mike and Neil she had fired herself?
Did she think that when they ink'd a new deal with Mike and Neil to tour that she had fired herself?

We know the story They made new music without her. She didn't like it. Even said there was no premise. Made FM wait for her but had a problem with LB making them wait a bit.
Doesn't like when HE makes fun of her bloviating and making the running time of the show increase by 15-20 min.

Lindsey said it best on his new album. (Which I quite like. )

It's another fight
As the queen dims the lights
Old 10-26-2021, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The bottom line is that Stevie is a liar.
Is it a lie though if she has memory issues?

Quote:
We know the story They made new music without her. She didn't like it. Even said there was no premise. Made FM wait for her
She knows she got away with not being a member in good standing in 2014-2016 by not making music with the other four members. They let her off the hook because they knew there's no global touring future of FM without Stevie Nicks.
On the CBS Morning interview in 2018, she expressed that Lindsey had been a member who wasn't in good standing.

Question is...what did Lindsey do from 2014 on that got her to get Mick and John to give the blessing to fire Lindsey?

We know she didn't like rehearsing in the afternoon because she'd have to get up in the morning rather than at 4:00pm!
Old 10-26-2021, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And, I have less sympathy for Lindsey only because I know he talked about who he'd replace Stevie with to fans after shows. He would have thrown her under the bus if he'd been in a position of power, too.
i'm not really sure why you believe these fans told you the truth and didn't make it all up.

however, maybe you are onto something - maybe she was making sure she gets him fired first (for whatever made-up reasons) before he manages to get her fired for refusing to do anything band wanted for years - including new music.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-26-2021, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Is it a lie though if she has memory issues?

I will give you that:

You can fly high on top your trapeze
I know you won't fall
Because the whole thing's a pony...

Old 10-26-2021, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd love to see them without the old goat. But it would be you, me, and 500 other people. It would be awesome.... for us. Old Dick needs big money..
people keep saying this, and yet SN doesn't sell nearly as many tickets or for nearly as much money as Fleetwood Mac brand does. no matter how much she and some of her fanbase are trying to push it, SN is not FM. at least not yet.

most people go to see the old brand bands and performers so they can put a notch in that they did it. i've seen plenty of social media posts saying i've seen FM, yes - unfortunately it was not the classic lineup (wish it was!), but i can say i saw them. and that's from people who actually have some idea that there was more than a single lineup. most people just know the songs and the band name and are more than happy to go for a singalong and saying they saw FM while they still existed. even if the song they liked the best was Don't dream it's over.

there's more than a good chance that like other bands without key members, FM brand name, with proper advertising (and without organized PR against them) would sell tons, although probably there would be a good number of people disappointed there is no witchy woman there. managers didn't want to risk it in 2018, so we'll never know.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The bottom line is that Stevie is a liar and a malignant narcissist. She birthed the whole LB firing. Didn't even have the backbone to call him and tell him she was "having him fired."

Did she think that when LB was trying to call the band after he'd been iced that she had fired herself?
Did she think that when they rehearsed with Mike and Neil she had fired herself?
Did she think that when they ink'd a new deal with Mike and Neil to tour that she had fired herself?

We know the story They made new music without her. She didn't like it. Even said there was no premise. Made FM wait for her but had a problem with LB making them wait a bit.
Doesn't like when HE makes fun of her bloviating and making the running time of the show increase by 15-20 min.
right? what a coward! and yet somehow she's been successfully selling herself as this strong woman?!

strong people stand behind their actions. not hide behind managers and lies.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
people keep saying this, and yet SN doesn't sell nearly as many tickets or for nearly as much money as Fleetwood Mac brand does. no matter how much she and some of her fanbase are trying to push it, SN is not FM. at least not yet.

most people go to see the old brand bands and performers so they can put a notch in that they did it. i've seen plenty of social media posts saying i've seen FM, yes - unfortunately it was not the classic lineup (wish it was!), but i can say i saw them. and that's from people who actually have some idea that there was more than a single lineup. most people just know the songs and the band name and are more than happy to go for a singalong and saying they saw FM while they still existed. even if the song they liked the best was Don't dream it's over.

there's more than a good chance that like other bands without key members, FM brand name, with proper advertising (and without organized PR against them) would sell tons, although probably there would be a good number of people disappointed there is no witchy woman there. managers didn't want to risk it in 2018, so we'll never know.
It's true. BuckVie was a first time in that brand and it was full in DEN, LA, and LV. I think LA sold out. I had a hard time finding a seat on ticketmaster for a friend at the last min. I had to go to a broker.
Fleetwood Mac without Goat wouldn't do as well, yes. But, the four with a guest star might do well. Throw Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way, Songbird, Everywhere, Little Lies in that ad, and their might be some response with that brand.

Also, Stevie's tickets are less expensive. And goat had the Pretenders with her. Also, some folks reported it cleared out a little bit after Pretenders show.
Even so, goat is a big touring name it's just not the whole picture.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-26-2021 at 01:13 PM..